Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The diet thread!

The diet thread!

Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:51 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The diet thread!

Yesterday my diet started Ive got to do it so nows as good a time as any to start now the summer is coming to an end.

Do any of you girls want to join me?

Hopefully we can motivate each other and share diet tips
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The diet thread!

Good idea, mine was going well till last night ! (JDR birthday) Re started today !

I have been on a diet for years (as most women) and tried every one going, so have loads of experience so to speak ! Be good to all swop ideas and motivate each other.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:37 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi all,
love the idea of you all sharing ides, I don't diet but like to keep intrim as the years may well creep up on me!! Give salsa dancing a go, it is brill, keeps you fit, makes you happy, and above all gets you out and about meeting people, I must say though I haven't met anyone yet who dances like the one above, thank goodness. There are all ages, all sizes, couples and people with partners who go it alone as the other doesn't dance etc. A whole mixed bag but a great way to make friends while doing something that is good for you. Be careful though it can like any obsession such as a diet can take over, and before you know you are adding latin ballroom and well it is endless. Good dieting to all and get lively too, the more you exercise the better it makes you feel and the healthier you should be too. Luv Eve
xx

Sounds good coming from someone who hasn't been to work this week yet because of being unwell!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:21 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only ever dieted once before and that was only 2 weeks on the Atkins diet before I went on holiday But I ve found that because I spend quite a lot of time sitting on my bum at the computer things are beginning to spread

So I have decided to go on a diet and get fit No more jumping in the car for me when I am just nipping round the corner anymore. I have legs so I will dam well use them. I am determined to get slim and fit for when my mum comes over on 1st Jan, otherwise she will have a heart attack when she sees me
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a weightwatchers over here?
My friend has been overweight for years and years and tried all kinds of diets, but she has been going to weightwatchers for a year or so now and has made excellent progress.

However 7 days staying here probably had a huge detrimental effect on her!!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My friend has been overweight for years and years and tried all kinds of diets, but she has been going to weightwatchers for a year or so now and has made excellent progress.

Keeping up with your gin problem, sorry, habit, is enough to put anyone off a diet!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Keeping up with your gin problem, sorry, habit, is enough to put anyone off a diet!
Thats for sure
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in Uk several years ago and going through a pleasurable but poor divorce!

I patented a new diet called 'The Jacobs Creek diet'.

The vino was frequently on offer for something like 3 for ten quid in the supermarket.

Seeing as though my budget was limited I used to go the 'Best before expiry' cheap bit of the chiller section, get three 'sad meals for one', plus 3 bottles of the JC! That was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday sorted for dinner and then for lunch maybe crunchy nut cornflakes. Obviously I got most of my calories from the Jacob Creek so I wouldn't really suggest it long term! But I did lose a stone and a half in 3 months

Breakfast cereals are really good for a relatively guilt free snack.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is a weightwatchers. Just look on line.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried them all over the years and the only one that ever worked for me was the Atkins Diet and on which I lost the most weight over 4 stone - and for all you cynics out there yes put it all back on again but it was the only one I never felt hungry on and had no problem sticking to it.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say this Sam.....................................

Only today I've purchased an exercise mat, so that I can start doing some sit-ups!
Enough of my excuses that it's middle aged spread, that there's nothing I can do about it.....................the bulk has got to go!

I was always a size 12, verging on a size 13 (good child bearing hips my Mum always said - shame I never had any kids then! )
Over the last 2 or 3 years, I've slipped carelessly into a size 14 - and in the 20 months that we've been here, I just KNOW that I've got more flabby bits where I really don't want them

I remember being in the Churreria not long after we got here, and a group of portly local ladies all laughed and said to me "It won't be long before you start looking like us!" It seems they were right!!

I used to be very physically active in my work (chasing young autistic children around! ) but like you, I now spend FAR too much time sat on my increasingly lardy backside!

There was a similar thread in The Lounge a few months back, but unfortunatley it sort of fizzled out
I really hope we can keep this one going, and that we can all support and inspire each other - it's a great idea

Like Eve, I'm not really one for dieting (life's too short!) but I'm keen to feel less "stodgy" and to get out and do something a bit more energetic.
I can't stand running, but I do love walking.
However, although I regularly walk 12 - 15km on a Sunday, it's not exactly the aerobic heart pumping level of exercise you're supposed to have.
Despite the fact that the winter is coming (and I HATE getting up in the cold and dark!) I'm going to start doing some "power walking" a few times a week.
A friend and I used to walk 6km in an hour, but she's moved away and I lost the impetus.
I'm also going to do sit-ups.

I'd love to do salsa classes like Eve suggested, but I am sure I am the only person in the world with two very definite left feet, and I'd just be too embarrassed by my total lack of co-ordination!
Same goes for aerobics.................I tried it several times in the UK, but I was always the hapless one you see going in the opposite direction to everyone else, frantically looking round and trying to work out what exactly the move was!!

Anyway, thanks for making such a great suggestion, and let's all help each other to feel fitter and flatter!
THE FLAB MUST GO!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:34 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Of course you haven't got 2 left feet, just do what you do with confidence and make the others feel as if they are going the wrong way!
Luv Eve
xx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

www.weightwatchers.es

should do the trick
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/13.gif

Of course you haven't got 2 left feet, just do what you do with confidence and make the others feel as if they are going the wrong way!
Luv Eve
xx
I love it!

PS That's twice today I've tried to give you karma, Eve..............but I've got to spread it!!
Thanks for making me laugh though!

Last edited by brisca; Oct 16th 2007 at 5:28 pm. Reason: Added PS
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the ideal weight for a bloke of 6'4" - Problem is, I'm only 5' 7"!!!

Though I'm not that bothered about weight loss - following a recent medical at work, I'm now waiting for a fasting blood test at the Doc's as not too surprisingly my cholesterol is a little high.

So I may well be joining you ladies on a diet in a week or so - don't worry you can count on me for support.

Maybe we should all post naked pics of ourselves so we can monitor our success?

Must dash, meeting some mates at the local Indian in 5 minutes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.