denouncements

Old May 13th 2013, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

mikeglover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: denouncements

Originally Posted by Rosemary
My next door neighbour has denounced the company who put in her marble frontage because it is rubbish.

Rosemary
Did your neighbour have to pay much to make the denouncement? How did she make the denouncement and what effect should it have on the company - is it just like a complaint to trading standards in UK?
Old May 13th 2013, 6:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I do not know the cost but have a feeling that it cost either nothing or very little or she would not have done it. Not sure whether it is the same everywhere but she made the denouncement to our local police. The company have been and replaced the marble work. I presume that they have reacted quickly as word of mouth here in my area is very important for future work.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2013, 8:48 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Denuncias cost nothing.

Whether they are effective, well ....... I think the jury's out on that one. I'm sure they are sometimes.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeglover
Did your neighbour have to pay much to make the denouncement? How did she make the denouncement and what effect should it have on the company - is it just like a complaint to trading standards in UK?
no - it's a police report

OMIC is similar to 'trading standards' - & they are often more effective in the sort of thing experienced by Rosemary's neighbour, than a police denuncia
Old May 14th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

SENOR DEN is an unknown quantity at this point

Mikeglover are there debt collection agencies in Spain that can recover the money for you
Old May 15th 2013, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SENOR DEN
Mikeglover are there debt collection agencies in Spain that can recover the money for you
There probably are but, as in the UK, they normaly want you to give them money up front which would be wasted if they fail to collect. The chap claims that he has no money at all and that his house is mortgaged up to the hilt. His wife has a small fashion shop but this is probably worth next to nothing and is in her name anyway. He even denied his one member of staff any salary for the best part of a year. he annoying thing is that he is still trading as an estate agent (although he claims to be winding the business down). My concern is that in order to get himself out of the mire, he will be happy to rip off other expats (he is an expat himself) but it is not allowable to name him publicly. We decided that the only course would be to have him sent to prison for fraud and have already collected a few 'character witnesses - previous victims' in the hope of persuading the judge to pass a sentence of over 24 months.
Old May 15th 2013, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SENOR DEN
They have some quaint guys in suits that do it, "cobrador del frac", dressed as they are, everyone knows what they are there for!
http://www.elcobradordelfrac.com/es%5Chome.php

Old May 15th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agoreira
They have some quaint guys in suits that do it, "cobrador del frac", dressed as they are, everyone knows what they are there for!
http://www.elcobradordelfrac.com/es%5Chome.php

http://www.solucionpolitica.net/wp-c...ac-250x300.jpg
thanks for the suggestion - I will certainly look into that one.
Old May 23rd 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Great news - maybe it was the fear of sharing a cell with Big Pedro, or a visit from Boris and Sergei, but two days ago, I got my money back. Thanks for all the messages of support and advice.
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Great news - maybe it was the fear of sharing a cell with Big Pedro, or a visit from Boris and Sergei, but two days ago, I got my money back. Thanks for all the messages of support and advice.
A positive outcome, well done.

Rosemary
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:19 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps it was reading this thread that did it

good news
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Domino
perhaps it was reading this thread that did it

good news
I reckon you might just be right