Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crime in Oliva (NOT)

Crime in Oliva (NOT)

Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime in Oliva (NOT)

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Yes, I paid a local mechanic to fit HD suspension to my D1, I gave up actual spannering in the 80's
I was looking at how it changed the wallow, no way will I be doing it!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
I have never fought a bull, been in an orgy, flown a plane or fathered a son.

So, you are wrong ;-)
My mistake, I was so confused trying to track all the crap posted on about ten threads I thought RM had quoted lee8. lol
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
My mistake, I was so confused trying to track all the crap posted on about ten threads I thought RM had quoted lee8. lol
I apologise.

Stalkers can be irritating, but fun.

I`ve never fixed a car by the way, I pay people to get there hands that dirty.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
I`ve never fixed a car by the way, I pay people to get there hands that dirty.
All mechanics seem wear rubber surgical gloves these days..............

Sissy's Don't know they're born

Not like in my day, swarfega wth added sawdust and a soak in bleach, followed by the scrubbing brush was the usual method of getting the hands something like clean
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
All mechanics seem wear rubber surgical gloves these days..............

Sissy's Don't know they're born

Not like in my day, swarfega wth added sawdust and a soak in bleach, followed by the scrubbing brush was the usual method of getting the hands something like clean
My car back in the UK had a recall on its battery. I saw them 'approach the car' wearing special headgear, white gown, giant gauntlets and others in the bay standing well back. It looked like they were working for bomb disposal...

Nice to think the battery was deemed that dangerous. Only been driving the car with it for about two years...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels

swarfega wth added sawdust
Swarfega ! !

Cor you was posh AND rich wernt ya
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:19 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'll have to go and get one, keep it in the boot, and get it out in times of tribulation
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:44 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst sipping coffee in Oliva centre I witnessed a delivery van reverse out from its parking space (the pedestrian crossing) gently into a young lady's car leaving a small dent.

Lady gets out, lots of arm waving, van driver laughs (mistake), lady makes a phone call.

Moments later local police man arrives with stern look on face. Lady retrieves baby from car and points it at everyone to ensure the law is on her side. After five minutes backup arrives in the form of another local plod. They circle the van taking notes. Its clearly serious because moments later another local plod arrives, swiftly followed by another. There are now 4 looking at the van. They all get introduced to the baby. Van driver looks worried. Crowd forming, traffic stopping, waiters dissapear .... I want my bill!!!

I go to the supermarket and 15 minutes later its still going on.
Photographs being taken, baby being waved etc etc

Such is the crime wave in Oliva ....... as I walk away a police car approaches ... maybe they'll lock him up forever
Did you pay your bill - or are you now on Olivia's most wanted
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Did you pay your bill - or are you now on Olivia's most wanted

If you want anything doing in Spain just wave your baby in the air. You can step onto pedestrian crossings with no fear of a car not stopping, magically appear at the front of the supermarket queue and all will smile at you ...... did anyone see that TV prog about the women who were buying very lifelike dolls costing thousands because they couldn't be @rsed to have a real baby. They were walking them out in prams, treating them just like a real baby. They weren't so mad you know ... they had a plan!!!

I think I'll get one, keep it in a rucksack and shamelessly wave it around in the air whenever the need arises.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:10 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

If you want anything doing in Spain just wave your baby in the air. You can step onto pedestrian crossings with no fear of a car not stopping, magically appear at the front of the supermarket queue and all will smile at you ...... did anyone see that TV prog about the women who were buying very lifelike dolls costing thousands because they couldn't be @rsed to have a real baby. They were walking them out in prams, treating them just like a real baby. They weren't so mad you know ... they had a plan!!!

I think I'll get one, keep it in a rucksack and shamelessly wave it around in the air whenever the need arises.
But did you pay your bill I think you are trying to get out of answering
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
But did you pay your bill I think you are trying to get out of answering
I borrowed the ladies baby, waved it around and they all smiled sweetly and let me leave the cafe

Yes I paid eventually
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:12 am
Popping in for a chat

I borrowed the ladies baby, waved it around and they all smiled sweetly and let me leave the cafe

Yes I paid eventually