CRB/Spain

Old Feb 27th 2014, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

SpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CRB/Spain

Hello, hope no-one minds me digging this thread up from a few months ago.

I'm British, and lived in Spain for a few years, a few years back. I am now looking at getting the police certificate via from 790 etc, as I plan to move to Australia soon. I've read a few very helpful threads, including the excellent one by Lionda in the Free Beer thread.

Q: My concern is, I have just got a renewed passport. Do you forsee that will makes things complicated or not? Or is it not relevant?

I have my old expired NIE card, although I read it's not necessary.
I also still have my red and white Social Security card. Not sure if that one expires or not.
I have my old passport, the one I used when I was living in Spain.

I'm visiting Spain next weekend, in part to try and do all of this in person and get the certificate. I'm planning on just taking everything with me, and hope for the best.

From what I have read, am I correct in thinking I can go to any Bank when I arrive, in the morning, and pay for the certificate. Then go with the proof of payment, my documents (including authorised copy of my passport), to the Relevant place.

EDIT: I just checked the official government site again, and it appears I do not need an authorised copy of my passport if applying in person..

I may attempt to pay it online this week, in case I do something stupid like forget to go to the bank when I arrive, as that will not be the first thing on my mind

If all that fails, then I will try the postal option through Madrid, as that seems to be working for many members here.

Thanks,
ST.

Last edited by SpacialTomato; Feb 27th 2014 at 9:49 am.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

No, you don't need a copy of the passport, the original will do. I took my green sheet as well but I'm not sure if it was needed or not.

My mistake was to assume the relevant place was the police station. A pity because the nearest office of the Ministerio de Justicia was 5 mins walk from my house.

I also made the mistake of not noting the cost before I went to the bank and assuming that they would know - they didn't, I had to go home to check and go back again. 3,66€ is says on the website is the current price.

Also, and this is important, if you need it for a different country you should tell them at the time of applying, ie when you go to the Ministry. They will tell you what to do (I had to send the certificate somewhere else with a prepaid envelope to have it signed and stamped, it took about a week to come back)

Good luck, but it's really a quick and painless exercise.

Last edited by rachelk; Feb 27th 2014 at 12:20 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

SpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you rachelk for your reply. Yes, you just reminded me to make special note of the destination country.
Fortunately there is a Ministerio de Justicia in the city I will be visiting.
I'll aim to report back here once all done, whether I'm successful or not.
Thanks!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Shaneoh84 is an unknown quantity at this point

This tread was an absolute life saver!

I'm applying for PR in New Zealand and because I lived in spain 9 years ago i needed to fill this out.

I have just one last thing to try and figure out and if anyone could help me I would be so so grateful.

In the final box regarding payment on the final line there is a section called "Client account code (CCC)"

there is then a box titled Entity (with for 4 narrow boxes) Branch (with 4 narrow boxes), CD (with 2 narrow boxes) and Account Number (with ten narrow boxes).

I've printed out my proof of payment but if this box is pertaining to my account details I've no idea how to enter them correctly.

Can i leave it blank or do i need to enter something here?

Again I would be so so grateful if any one can help

__________________________________________________ __

Looking at it I think it might be my IBAN number minus the first four digits?

Last edited by Shaneoh84; Jan 9th 2015 at 12:11 am. Reason: iban number
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaneoh84

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Shaneoh84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shaneoh84

I'm applying for PR in New Zealand and because I lived in spain 9 years ago i needed to fill this out.

I have just one last thing to try and figure out and if anyone could help me I would be so so grateful.

In the final box regarding payment on the final line there is a section called "Client account code (CCC)"

there is then a box titled Entity (with for 4 narrow boxes) Branch (with 4 narrow boxes), CD (with 2 narrow boxes) and Account Number (with ten narrow boxes).

I've printed out my proof of payment but if this box is pertaining to my account details I've no idea how to enter them correctly.

Can i leave it blank or do i need to enter something here?

__________________________________________________ __

Just incase anyone is interested the thing I was looking was the IBAN number minus the first 4 digits.

Form took a while to come through but possibly because I sent tit just after the holiday period.