Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Well next time you're there, why don't we do a "no posh bars" crawl?

One of my best nights was crawling out of one of those scruffy bars in Madrid at 8am.

The shutters got brought down at about 4am and we all just drank with the aid of electricity an no natural light.

They had cracking ham and cheap cold beer and kept serving as long as we were standing.

It was a shock to hit daylight though!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesf
Well next time you're there, why don't we do a "no posh bars" crawl?

One of my best nights was crawling out of one of those scruffy bars in Madrid at 8am.

The shutters got brought down at about 4am and we all just drank with the aid of electricity an no natural light.

They had cracking ham and cheap cold beer and kept serving as long as we were standing.

It was a shock to hit daylight though!
been there and done it mate, Sevilla a few times, Sure Ill give you a shout, sounds exactly what I like.

My best night was arriving on a Ryanair flight about 9pm, went to the Pizjuan 10pm KO, watched Sevilla v Rec De Helva (3-1) I think, went to a couple of bars in the vicinity while waiting to get a cab somehow, checked in my hostel about 1.30am, changed my trousers, went back out, met some other guys, then was about 6am, was waiting by this bus stop when this other bar opens ( I thought he was cleaning up from the night before ), wow, I stayed in there and pulled this older chica I was told to stay away from but left there with her at 10am, in Daylight and went to the bus station toilets, and got back to my hostel about 11am and just slept all day and flew home the next night.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by STEVE.D
I am working class bloke and the implication was that they would be welcome.
I think you should have pointed out rule 1 to your 'buddy' Fortaleza sometime ago. I have read this thread and other parts of the forum, but just chose not to join until now.

Oops looks like I've upset the BE Mafia.
He`s not my buddy, just a member, he may say a few things about CE but he never has a personal attack on anyone.
Everyone has their own opinion and are allowed to express it, you will find some you agree with and some you don`t so get used to it.
Name calling and personal attacks are frowned upon though.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:20 am
Just Joined

STEVE.D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s not my buddy, just a member, he may say a few things about CE but he never has a personal attack on anyone.
Everyone has their own opinion and are allowed to express it, you will find some you agree with and some you don`t so get used to it.
Name calling and personal attacks are frowned upon though.
"Or are you the pathetic little coward I think you are."

Run that one about personal attacks by me again...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Hello Sunshine,

Thank you for your insight as I can now pass that on to the investigating officers. I mean, they always thought that it must have been a random attack but as you are so knowledgeable and so happy, spill it. Or are you the pathetic little coward I think you are.
Common knowledge amongst Ayamontino folk, most of them chipped in a few bob to get it sorted by all accounts.

But yeah if you want to send the Roberto's around no probs, tell them to send me a PM, make sure I'm at home.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:41 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Common knowledge amongst Ayamontino folk, most of them chipped in a few bob to get it sorted by all accounts.
I think I speak for all of us when I say............................................... ......COCK!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I think I speak for all of us when I say............................................... ......COCK!
Don't you get barred for using language like that Mr Mod?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybassett
Welcome to the forum Steve, and just wanted to say that I knew exactly what you were getting at, and it certainly wasn't the working classes, of which I am one!

I too welcome the move by Fadesa (even if brought on by the economic downturn) to use some of the unsold properties to help locals on to the property ladder. In my opinion, all such developments should have a percentage of properties held back to allow for affordable housing for the locals. It's a win win scenario. If this was done on all urbanisations, then you wouldn't have the "ghost town" developments that you now see all over Spain, not only are they eyesores out of season, but they are becoming a national embarrassment.

I certainly do not have a problem living nextdoor to a local who is being helped with affordable housing. I didn't buy in Spain to live in an all english enclave, so the more locals helped to live at CE, the better, (for all of us) but as I said that is only my opinion.

We all need to remember that not too long ago, this was a deprived area of Spain, and that whilst the tourist influx has brought many benefits, it has also priced many locals out of the housing market, and put pressure on local schools and services. I love Ayamonte and the friendliness of the locals who have always made me and my family feel very welcome. The last thing I would want is to be the cause of problems for Spanish families. I, after all, am a guest in their country, and I want to be welcome and not feel that my actions in purchasing a property have caused more harm than good.

Karen

PS. Marisol, I am so very impressed with your english. You put me to shame. I am looking forward to meeting you at Costa Esuri. You can practice your english on me as long as I can try out a sentence or two of Spanish - over a nice bottle of vino blanco perhaps.
Hello billybassett
I really like to read your post, we needed a positive one, just for a change.
As i said in the karma i have sent you, i would really like to share a white wine with you, i always have a bottle or two in the fridge
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:52 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you get barred for using language like that Mr Mod?
I'm a touch surprised that you have come on here, from what I can see, to specifically fire off at a bloke for giving his opinion about a place.

Now lets look at this shall we?

He hasn't said that your wife is fat and ugly, he didn't say that he likes to play with little boys of a weekend or that last week he made a bomb for the next Muslim holiday.......................

He made a comment about an inanimate object, an area. Something that ultimately is a subjective thing.

Then, you play it like a thug and mention some trite about someone getting hurt and actively encourage it by suggesting that you put money in a fund.

Do you have an erectile dysfunctional problem?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yes we can
Well said, Moderator!
welcome to the thread, yes we can. What's your view on esuri? You've mentioned that you live there?

Originally Posted by Ripper
so how do we get a cheap house then? can you get UK benefits paid in Spain?

Ripper
welcome, too! Are you under 35?

I am working class bloke and the implication was that they would be welcome.
I think you should have pointed out rule 1 to your 'buddy' Fortaleza sometime ago. I have read this thread and other parts of the forum, but just chose not to join until now.

Oops looks like I've upset the BE Mafia.
welcome, STEVE.D I understood your post, too. Let's hope the thread isn't pulled.

Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm a touch surprised that you have come on here, from what I can see, to specifically fire off at a bloke for giving his opinion about a place.

Now lets look at this shall we?

He hasn't said that your wife is fat and ugly, he didn't say that he likes to play with little boys of a weekend or that last week he made a bomb for the next Muslim holiday.......................

He made a comment about an inanimate object, an area. Something that ultimately is a subjective thing.

Then, you play it like a thug and mention some trite about someone getting hurt and actively encourage it by suggesting that you put money in a fund.

Do you have an erectile dysfunctional problem?

where is your avatar
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

New to the forum, but not Ayamonte. I'm with Marisol on this, a few houses rented to decent working folk won't do Esuri any harm.

Must be galling for this Fortaleza bloke, to come on here and slag CE off every day and then have to go to work in the same place.

I am sure he was the bloke given a 'pasting' in Sevilla a while back by somebody, must buy that man a beer. Probably being his usual polite self.
Hello STEVE.D and welcome
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Re: STEVE D & FORTALEZA

Boys, boys, boys.

This is obviously a personal thing, and should be taken elsewhere.This thread is full of good natured and friendly people sharing information. The vast majority of contributors are positive, and we don't rise to the bait even when ill mannered folk feel the need to slag off our homes, purchased with our hard earned cash.

Playground squabbles are best ignored, which is why I didn't get involved earlier. It was tempting to let you carry on as you are doing such a good job of making yourselves look rather silly, but the juvenile bickering about this is a touch irritating, and I would like to ask you to carry this one somewhere else please.

Kindest regards to all,

Karen
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:49 am
Banned

Ripper is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome, too! Are you under 35?

Yes and unemployed!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

So maybe if you change your name to Jose' Rippertinez you'll have a chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.