Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yipeeee!!!!! yes you hear correctly that after 5yrs and 6mths we have a Boleten, Licence de Obras and legal electrikary And the Lord said on Wednesday 13th let there be electricity and there was and the solar pump ran and the hair dryer dried and the kettle boiled (and there was tea) and the aircon cooled and there was LIGHT EVERYWHERE, until 16.00 when the solar pump ran its bearings and the water cooled until 09.00 on the 14th when the lords helper fixed that.

The poor old genny is to be retired to that wonderful place that old gennies go to.

Regards,

John & Kath.
Oh congratulations to you both! I don't know where you got the patience to wait all that time. It will be nice to see a light over the way when we visit.

Best wishes

Pat & Steve
Old May 15th 2009, 7:58 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Yipeeee!!!!! yes you hear correctly that after 5yrs and 6mths we have a Boleten, Licence de Obras and legal electrikary And the Lord said on Wednesday 13th let there be electricity and there was and the solar pump ran and the hair dryer dried and the kettle boiled (and there was tea) and the aircon cooled and there was LIGHT EVERYWHERE, until 16.00 when the solar pump ran its bearings and the water cooled until 09.00 on the 14th when the lords helper fixed that.

The poor old genny is to be retired to that wonderful place that old gennies go to.

Regards,

John & Kath.
DE..."LIGHTED" !! Good news

Mel
Old May 15th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Regards,

John & Kath.
Really good news - so good to see the progress every time we visit.
Carol Elizabeth
Old May 15th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Found them !
Sorry missed you earlier.... hope you get the deal you want
Old May 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards,

John & Kath.

Ahhh !
Poor Gennie
Old May 16th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Regards,

John & Kath.
Great news John. I assume this means Kath now has no excuses for not seeing to your every need, by cooking, ironing, washing etc. Hmmm, maybe not so great for Kath!!! ..........I shall now await the torrent of abuse from all the ladies.

Andy
Old May 16th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
...I shall now await the torrent of abuse from all the ladies.

Andy
Tisk tisk, Andy, no Karma 4 u 2day!

BTW, great news for John&Kath!
Old May 18th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
I take it you did know the bank (BBVA I believe) had taken all unsold ones in blocks 10 to 16 from Fadesa.
I heard yesterday at Jags that bbva is selling 3 bed townhouses at............... 109K!
Old May 18th 2009, 11:46 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I heard yesterday at Jags that bbva is selling 3 bed townhouses at............... 109K!
That´s about to attract some people, 2 bed at Islantilla 103 K...
Old May 20th 2009, 2:43 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

No CE post for 4 days - are you all snoozing ?

Roof Top Terrace question. V happy with our town house but I did think we would be using the roof top terrace. B4 we purchased I had this idea of sun-loungers and brollies up there so if there were 6 in the house folks could split away for a bit of "me time", table and chairs up there for meals, evening glass of wine whilst watching the sun set etc etc BUT we never use it. I like to rest awhile and look over the golf course and river and I love the views but we do not take advantage of this space and it seems such a waste.
It would be such a haul to take and furniture up and down each time and you would not dare leave it there as the wind really gets up and I have visions of loungers being whipped up and landing on some innocent person walking by. I thought about getting a large heavy duty lockable storage container to put chairs/loungers etc in but it would be hell of a task to get that up there. It is not practical to have a meal up there as there are two flights of stairs to carry food & drink up and down. SO fellow roof top terrace owners... how do you use this area please ?

BTW just renewed our house insurance and had a little moan at the price increase of £15, said I had been looking at other quotes ( I had) and it was immd reduced by £45.......so worth mentioning.

Mel
Old May 20th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

No CE post for 4 days - are you all snoozing ?

Roof Top Terrace question. V happy with our town house but I did think we would be using the roof top terrace. B4 we purchased I had this idea of sun-loungers and brollies up there so if there were 6 in the house folks could split away for a bit of "me time", table and chairs up there for meals, evening glass of wine whilst watching the sun set etc etc BUT we never use it. I like to rest awhile and look over the golf course and river and I love the views but we do not take advantage of this space and it seems such a waste.
It would be such a haul to take and furniture up and down each time and you would not dare leave it there as the wind really gets up and I have visions of loungers being whipped up and landing on some innocent person walking by. I thought about getting a large heavy duty lockable storage container to put chairs/loungers etc in but it would be hell of a task to get that up there. It is not practical to have a meal up there as there are two flights of stairs to carry food & drink up and down. SO fellow roof top terrace owners... how do you use this area please ?

BTW just renewed our house insurance and had a little moan at the price increase of £15, said I had been looking at other quotes ( I had) and it was immd reduced by £45.......so worth mentioning.

Mel
Hi Mel and John, we have 3 of those containers, sun loungers which I hook on to wall and set of chairs/table which we got at carrefour and they still have them this year, and although wooden are very comfortable once the cushions are on. Everything we bought for roof was flat pack so no problem getting them up there and just assemble on roof. We bought the furniture last year and we had some really bad gales over winter but no problem with furniture moving as quite heavy, but took a couple of days to treat with stainer last month which might be a bit of a bind if you just holiday over here. As you say not practical to have meal on roof, but we had friends for bbq a couple of weeks ago so we had drinks and nibbles on roof terrace, (white wine and beers in cool box) to watch the sun go down then down to terrace for the bbq and they all really enjoyed it. Hope this gives you some ideas as it`s a shame to waste the space there.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone any advice on the best place to get a Barbecue? I want a semi-portable charcoal (not there often enough to warrant gas and the big concrete jobbies don't float my boat) We checked out Carrefour and they seem to have cheap and tacky ones or horrendously expensive. The Garden Centre seemed to be expensive (around 250Euros for Weber bbqs which are around £70 in Argos in the UK)
Are there any good on-line stores?
Old May 20th 2009, 8:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You're back, was a bit worried when it went to second page
Old May 21st 2009, 7:53 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek
Hi Mel and John, we have 3 of those containers, sun loungers which I hook on to wall and set of chairs/table which we got at carrefour and they still have them this year, and although wooden are very comfortable once the cushions are on. Everything we bought for roof was flat pack so no problem getting them up there and just assemble on roof. We bought the furniture last year and we had some really bad gales over winter but no problem with furniture moving as quite heavy, but took a couple of days to treat with stainer last month which might be a bit of a bind if you just holiday over here. As you say not practical to have meal on roof, but we had friends for bbq a couple of weeks ago so we had drinks and nibbles on roof terrace, (white wine and beers in cool box) to watch the sun go down then down to terrace for the bbq and they all really enjoyed it. Hope this gives you some ideas as it`s a shame to waste the
space there.
Thanks for the response and ideas, yes I feel it is such a waste and so want to organise something for up there, especially as the views are so lovely over the river and to Portugal. We are staining windows when we go in Sept so we shall see if we are still a happy household after that exercise ! B4 we start I know I will be doing wrong...MEN !! Yes, flat pack is the answer and then leave it up there but how about the container ? Was that from Carrefour and were you OK getting that into the house and up the 2 flights of stairs ? How big is it please ? Does it have a lock ?.........bet you wish you hadn't replied now I have set you an exam - apologies !

many thanks

Mel
Old May 21st 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the response and ideas, yes I feel it is such a waste and so want to organise something for up there, especially as the views are so lovely over the river and to Portugal. We are staining windows when we go in Sept so we shall see if we are still a happy household after that exercise ! B4 we start I know I will be doing wrong...MEN !! Yes, flat pack is the answer and then leave it up there but how about the container ? Was that from Carrefour and were you OK getting that into the house and up the 2 flights of stairs ? How big is it please ? Does it have a lock ?.........bet you wish you hadn't replied now I have set you an exam - apologies !

many thanks

Mel
Hi Mel, the storage chests are from Leroy Merlin and they come in a variety of sizes and best of all they also come in a flat pack ready for self-assembly. With regard to security just add a padlock. Regards Bryony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.