Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol

Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol

Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol

Originally Posted by fionamw
Wot's a torrent site?
it's a website from which you can download music, tele, films etc. - currently legal in Spain
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! Thanks!
(offtopic I know but does that mean there are sites where I could get 9yo some Spanish kids'tv or wildlife, general, etc., to watch on the laptop?...if so could anyone who knows 'em pm me? )
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casa del sol
That Johns behaviour was the pits. It was so obvious that he was trying to be as nasty and as obnoxious as possible so as to shock. If he was reading all these comments he would probably revel in the attention. The producers pick these types of personalities for a good reason, the entertainment value and increased viewing figures.
There's a very fine line between being a complete 'Rissole' and being mentally Ill. I often wonder (having once been married to one) if there is any way the can actually be responsible for their actions. How much is eccentricity, and how much is section-able. Should we be understanding to the point of sainthood. Or should we try and reform them? Or put them in the little white room with padded walls? After all, some of our most famous and loved entertainers are/have been complete nutters!

Last edited by angiescarr; Aug 29th 2011 at 6:47 am. Reason: removal of random capital letters:D
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

What intrigued me was the way two of the contestants reacted on the last night to that nights host giving awful John a chilli free dish. They appeared almost outraged by that. If I I had known a guest did not like a particular food I wouldn't serve it. The essex girl then only gave 4 points and must have known she would be the winner. In some ways that behaviour is worse than Johns.ie I would rather play a game with someone like John who if nothing else was open and fair than someone who does not play fairly.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyone
What intrigued me was the way two of the contestants reacted on the last night to that nights host giving awful John a chilli free dish. They appeared almost outraged by that. If I I had known a guest did not like a particular food I wouldn't serve it. The essex girl then only gave 4 points and must have known she would be the winner. In some ways that behaviour is worse than Johns.ie I would rather play a game with someone like John who if nothing else was open and fair than someone who does not play fairly.
Exactly! I remember when this programme was mainly about the food and the preparation of it, with a glimpse into the way that people lived. We were shown the contestants going to their local butchers or farm shop - OK, a supicious number of them appeared to be on first name terms with the proprietors People were civilised and the programme was truly entertaining.

It all changed, firstly when they introduced the 'snooping' element where they were encouraged to have a rummage through the host's bedroom drawers and wardrobes in the hopes of finding something shocking - this became more and more obviously stage managed with items being 'conveniently' put in place ready for discovery.

Then they seemed to pick people that they knew wouldn't get on, eg - a strict vegan with 3 carnivores just knowing that sparks will fly! There's a general air of nastiness about the show now - even the voice over man, Dave Lamb, has gone from making the odd witty aside to a non-stop stream of nasty and sarcastic comments

I go on a TV forum where lately people have been saying how much better it was before and wondering why on earth the producers haven't picked up on this general feeling.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:52 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
perhaps working to an agenda written by the producers ?
Exactly. They are experienced at choosing at least one who everyone will dislike and can be manipulated. Lets face it, normal people wouldn't even apply to be exposed and ridiculed like that unless they were being paid a very large sum.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:59 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovingthesun
Exactly! I remember when this programme was mainly about the food and the preparation of it, with a glimpse into the way that people lived. We were shown the contestants going to their local butchers or farm shop - OK, a supicious number of them appeared to be on first name terms with the proprietors People were civilised and the programme was truly entertaining.

It all changed, firstly when they introduced the 'snooping' element where they were encouraged to have a rummage through the host's bedroom drawers and wardrobes in the hopes of finding something shocking - this became more and more obviously stage managed with items being 'conveniently' put in place ready for discovery.

Then they seemed to pick people that they knew wouldn't get on, eg - a strict vegan with 3 carnivores just knowing that sparks will fly! There's a general air of nastiness about the show now - even the voice over man, Dave Lamb, has gone from making the odd witty aside to a non-stop stream of nasty and sarcastic comments

I go on a TV forum where lately people have been saying how much better it was before and wondering why on earth the producers haven't picked up on this general feeling.
1. people will say things behind the anonymity of the forum
2. people are not telling the producers direct (because of 1 above)
3. whilst people are still watching and bitching there is a need for the
format so they will continue to make it more like BB live or Celebrity

oh and it isnt the channel that are transmitting it, you need to wait to the credits at the end to find out who actually made it
Old Aug 29th 2011, 10:01 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Exactly. They are experienced at choosing at least one who everyone will dislike and can be manipulated. Lets face it, normal people wouldn't even apply to be exposed and ridiculed like that unless they were being paid a very large sum.
which is why reality tv isnt what happens in real life

how much ends up on the cutting room floor ?
(ok not used now with digital but you get my meaning)
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:47 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
This is something that really gets my goat on these programmes. Basically be charming, but vote everyone else down very low, and you will stand an excellent chance of winning.

As for the commentator, he just makes me laugh. Without him, for me the programme would be unwatchable.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:37 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
This is something that really gets my goat on these programmes. Basically be charming, but vote everyone else down very low, and you will stand an excellent chance of winning.

As for the commentator, he just makes me laugh. Without him, for me the programme would be unwatchable.
I watched one where one of the diners was so clearly voting tactically that the producers actually made her re-vote

& yes, the commentator really does make the show - I've watched the Spanish version & it's nowhere near as funny - & the diners really seem to take it all terribly seriously, too
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I watched one where one of the diners was so clearly voting tactically that the producers actually made her re-vote

& yes, the commentator really does make the show - I've watched the Spanish version & it's nowhere near as funny - & the diners really seem to take it all terribly seriously, too
There was an Aussie version too, and again, lacking the acid commentary it just flopped for me.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by bil
There was an Aussie version too, and again, lacking the acid commentary it just flopped for me.
last night watched Grand Designs Australia and the presenter had the charisma of a drunken koala
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:50 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
last night watched Grand Designs Australia and the presenter had the charisma of a drunken koala
Bloody system won't let me give you the karma that this so richly deserved.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by bil
Bloody system won't let me give you the karma that this so richly deserved.
thanks, taken from the thread
kr
Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I too always thought Dave Lamb's commentary the highlight of any of the shows....... however if you look into his behind the scenes web comments, etc., it transpires he reads a script and it merely allowed to tweak it slightly (which of course may or may not make it to the finished article). So yes his voice makes the show but are they his words? hmmmmm......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.