British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/come-dine-me-costa-del-sol-730143/)

Chiclanagir Aug 26th 2011 10:20 pm

Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol

Anyone watch it tonight - Hilarious. If anyone knows John, I am so sorry for you.

lynnxa Aug 26th 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Come Dine with Me - Costa Del Sol

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 9584091)
Anyone watch it tonight - Hilarious. If anyone knows John, I am so sorry for you.

is that the UK version?

dammit I missed it!!!

Lorna at Vicenza Aug 26th 2011 10:31 pm

Love that programme but don't know if this a new Spanish/Brit version.

I love the bitchy commentator and I love how they all think they're going to be so great and most of them fail.

I hate the arrogant "I know all about food- I'm gonna win" ones and then they stir something and LICK the bloody spoon and put it right back into the pot.

I couldn't give a damn about other so called reality programmes, but I do like this one.

megmet Aug 26th 2011 10:59 pm

I just caught the last part of it tonight.....it reminded me of some of the reasons why we don't want to live down on the coast! :blink:

Lorna at Vicenza Aug 26th 2011 11:08 pm

Come on guys - English Tv or what? Which channel? Can the rest of us get to see it too?

megmet Aug 26th 2011 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 9584148)
Come on guys - English Tv or what? Which channel? Can the rest of us get to see it too?

We watched on Sky 104.

Lorna at Vicenza Aug 26th 2011 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by megmet (Post 9584160)
We watched on Sky 104.

Don't think I have that ...programmes on Sky In Italy usually start from 109 which is called Sky One. I think.

It might come up elsewhere though but I doubt it as Sky in Italy never had Come Dine With Me at all - it's mostly American Fox channels and not British ones.

johnnyone Aug 27th 2011 2:21 am

It was on channel 4 in the uk

Londonuck Aug 27th 2011 3:13 am

They did an Irish one with the same voice over, Dave Lamb. Superb programme.

jackytoo Aug 27th 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by megmet (Post 9584137)
I just caught the last part of it tonight.....it reminded me of some of the reasons why we don't want to live down on the coast! :blink:

You don't think the Producers actually choose average normal people for these shows do you:rolleyes:

Lospacoshombre Aug 27th 2011 10:01 am

I saw the programme, it was one of the best i have seen, and John came out of it looking really bad even though he had more outfits than the shop keeper in Mr BEN!

Where was it seton the CDS came anyboby shed any light?

Regards

LPH:thumbup:

Chiclanagir Aug 27th 2011 10:05 am

And nobody cooked anything remotely Spanish. I think I would have ended up killing John.

Lynn R Aug 27th 2011 1:25 pm

When the person who won served up pie and mash with liquor (whatever that is) as a starter, and then mash with the main course as well, it doesn't say much for the quality of the competition, does it?

I realise they don't want "average" people on these shows as it wouldn't be as entertaining, but I'm surprised they manage to find so many completely grotesque ones - or am I?

lovingthesun Aug 27th 2011 2:03 pm

I would have liked to have seen something that actually showed it was set in the CDS - this may as well have been set in Essex!!!!

What happened tp the bit where they used to show them going down to their local shops for their ingredients :confused:

jackytoo Aug 27th 2011 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre (Post 9584846)
I saw the programme, it was one of the best i have seen, and John came out of it looking really bad even though he had more outfits than the shop keeper in Mr BEN!

Where was it seton the CDS came anyboby shed any light?

Regards

LPH:thumbup:

Just watched a bit. The guy who cooked the lamb was in fuengirola and there were some shots of calahonda in the first part. Didn't watch after that. Isn't that John an asshole!