Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Agree, El Mero nice, forgot about that one!

If you want to go to Fuengirola there is a great restaurant near the Yaramar Hotel, just to the left if looking from the front, very classy but expensive, sorry name escapes me, can find it if interested
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
A case of "Wow, look at all the red faced Brits without shirts on?"

I don't get the call of the marina at all, every meal aside from a couple in El Mero have been typical tourist trap places with terrible food, inflated prices but nice views
I tell you this, I was in Benalmadena in 2002 I think, maybe 2001, was having a few weeks down in Torremilinos. I met this american girl staying at the less than classy bajondillio apartments and we went out for a meal, it was around the time other hotles had a big food scare there, anyway, I went to this Italian Ristorante in the Marina area, it was totally awesome, I will never forget the meal I had, It was a Lasanga but totally different from any ive tasted before, in fact I went back a few day's later just to make sure it was what I originally ordered. It was fantastic again, it was so juicy totally over done on the sauces but without the horrible pasta layers.

Anyway possibly not classy but well worth a visit, if its still there
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Thanks once again.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by andyrich666
well worth a visit, if its still there
LOL, are you genuinely recommending a restaurant you went to 7 years ago? If it's the place I went in 6 months ago (Italian place overlooking the marina amongst all the other tourist trap places?) then it served quite possibly the worst meal I've had since being here and I wasn't the only person in the place to complain either
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, are you genuinely recommending a restaurant you went to 7 years ago? If it's the place I went in 6 months ago (Italian place overlooking the marina amongst all the other tourist trap places?) then it served quite possibly the worst meal I've had since being here and I wasn't the only person in the place to complain either
lol, It wasnt overlooking the marina, its in the thing you walk around where the Shops were near the beach in that Square type place, god it was a long time ago though, Im sure there was a McDonlads on the outskirts of the area im talking about :-

here :-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=b...03573&t=h&z=19
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it Pacino's that you went to? I ate there last year and I wasn't particularly impressed.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, It wasnt overlooking the marina, its in the thing you walk around where the Shops were near the beach in that Square type place, god it was a long time ago though, Im sure there was a McDonlads on the outskirts of the area im talking about :-

here :-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=b...03573&t=h&z=19
I am a little confused here. Are you thinking of 24-hour square next to McDonalds where several nightclubs and a shopping centre is located? Unless you are thinking about the Burger King next to the marina.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Costa Resident
I am a little confused here. Are you thinking of 24-hour square next to McDonalds where several nightclubs and a shopping centre is located? Unless you are thinking about the Burger King next to the marina.
Burger King, im sure it was that, without seeing ground level photo's its hard, is burger king right on the beach ??
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Burger King, im sure it was that, without seeing ground level photo's its hard, is burger king right on the beach ??
It could well have been this place, looks a little like it to me, if its in that square bit then for sure its the one

La Parollacia
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Costa Resident
Was it Pacino's that you went to? I ate there last year and I wasn't particularly impressed.
Unfortunately I don't remember as I struck it from my memory! I just vowed the only time I would return to Benalmadena to eat was for Baboo and possibly El Mero out of season
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I don't remember as I struck it from my memory! I just vowed the only time I would return to Benalmadena to eat was for Baboo and possibly El Mero out of season
Pacinos is up the stairs opposite the bridge to the harbour apartments near the statue of Neptune.
It used to be good a few years ago but haven`t been lately.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

I tried a couple of them along the marina on the front bit thats raised up next to where PizzaHut is now. Starts with the American Jack(?) place and then they all seem to merge into one but are all different

Every meal I had was just barely adequate and the Italian was by far the worst. Sorry I can't remember the name of it!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

It could well have been this place, looks a little like it to me, if its in that square bit then for sure its the one

La Parollacia
It had stairs going down into it IIRC the one I am on about
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

There are two Italian restaurants in Marina that I know of, Pacinos, which is in the "walk way" which now has bad reviews although a few years ago was good, and another one nearer Burger King right on the front, but have never tried it ourselves.

Like everywhere here, ownership/chefs change and then places can go downhill, such a shame
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
There are two Italian restaurants in Marina that I know of, Pacinos, which is in the "walk way" which now has bad reviews although a few years ago was good, and another one nearer Burger King right on the front, but have never tried it ourselves.

Like everywhere here, ownership/chefs change and then places can go downhill, such a shame
Where is Gordon Ramsey when you need him ? He will put those kitchens to shame, lol

He did do a Kitchen Knighmares in Spain at some point, was it not in Nerja, sure it was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.