Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Old May 30th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice
Default Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Hi

In mid June a good friend is having her hen weekend in Benalmadena. (They're all coming over, while I just have to hop on the bus )

We'd like to have one evening out to a classy restaurant in the area. I think they'd like something not overly modern, nice atmosphere and so on.

I'm helping organizing and google doesn't seem to helpful for the moment.
I saw one called baboo and wasn't sure if the food was a bit too "different" Anyone been there?

Any ideas?
Thanks
Old May 30th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Classy restaurants Benalmadena

Rincon de Austuriana opposite the church near the train station.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Been to Baboo a couple of times, fantastic food if you like "fusion" cooking and not as expensive as you'd think. Was full of Spanish families and couples both times I've been
Old May 30th 2008, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a good choice of excellent restaurants in the marina, but my personal favourite in Benalmadena, although not particularly classy, is the buffet-style Wok in Arroyo de la Miel (near the local police station).
Old May 30th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, to be honest I do not think there are any "classy" restaurants in Benalmadena,sorry, however there are a few nice places to eat, the restaurant opposite the train station as mentioned is nice, also why not the marina? Lots of nice restaurants in nice settings? Another nice place if you want a good night is the Hotel Torrequbrada, web address:-

http://www.torrequebrada.com/en/frameset.php?f=2

Depends on what you are looking for, had a group of old girl friends over this week and had a great night at the Bonanza Bar , Terri Fox the entertainer, of course no meal, just a good place for a laugh after.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Hi, to be honest I do not think there are any "classy" restaurants in Benalmadena,sorry, however there are a few nice places to eat, the restaurant opposite the train station as mentioned is nice, also why not the marina?

It all depends on what your idea of a classy restaurant is I suppose. And I did suggest the marina.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

One other restaurant that has come to mind, despite the fact that it is in the Gamonal in the midst of all those English greasy spoons, is an Italian called Georgios just up from Bonanza Square.

Don't be put off by the location, it's great once you get in there.
Old May 31st 2008, 5:56 am
Just Joined

AndyMan is on a distinguished road

You could try Browns in Flamingo Square, maybe not a "classy" location but the food is great quality and at €10 for 3 courses I don't think it can be beaten for value ...
Old May 31st 2008, 6:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Georgios and Browns are nice, clean, and good food, but not what I would call classy.
Ali, we really need something to compare against as to what you call classy ?
Old May 31st 2008, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

What is that El Higueron restaurant next to the motorway like. I heard it's supposed to be something special. There should be some great views of the coast from there at the very least.
Old May 31st 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Have been in and looked at menu etc., very nice, views etc., excellent, but expensive, and would say this is "classy" compared to the others in Benalmadena
Old May 31st 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have not been there in the evening but it is very popular at lunchtime with local business people. I have been treated to lunch there a few time and was glad that I was not paying the bill!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Wow!! Thanks everyone for all your help. You certainly know your restaurants.
I'll look into all those places. I'm sure we'll have a great night wherever
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all

For a bit of wow factor - why not head down to the marina. There are lots of restuarants, which have the lovely views, and nice atmosphere that i think you will like.

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
For a bit of wow factor
A case of "Wow, look at all the red faced Brits without shirts on?"

I don't get the call of the marina at all, every meal aside from a couple in El Mero have been typical tourist trap places with terrible food, inflated prices but nice views

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.