Child Abducted

Old May 5th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: child abducted

When this story first broke it was reported that the child had been left in the apartment with her brother and sister. I assumed that the brother and sister were at least in their early teens then I saw a photograph of the family and it was apparent that the brother and sister were little more than babies.

I am just dumbfounded but to cap it all they then have the audacity to blame the police for taking so long to arrive. If this had happened in the UK they would have been arrested for child abandonment.

The parents get no sympathy from me. They left three children to their own devices in a strange apartment in a foreign country while they went off to feed their faces. They should be locked up for life.
Old May 5th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

The parents are to blame and no it wont help their little girl but anyone that thinks its acceptable to leave their children unattended then they are no better than the parents of the little girl.

Black and white...they should never have been left and its completely unacceptable behavior to leave children that young on their own. How could anyone even entertain the thought of leaving a child alone, it makes my skin crawl.
Old May 5th 2007, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

The parents get no sympathy from me. They left three children to their own devices in a strange apartment in a foreign country while they went off to feed their faces. They should be locked up for life.
dunno about being locked up for life coz they have two more children i hope they'll do a better job of looking after but the parents should be charged with neglect for sure! the kidnapper would not have had the opportunity if the child had not been left alone
Old May 5th 2007, 9:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't have left young kids alone but that is irrelevant, what a nasty lot you are
Old May 5th 2007, 9:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Wouldn't have left young kids alone but that is irrelevant, what a nasty lot you are
we can have sympathy, believe me I do, especially for the child, and we're not nasty............................but if they had not been alone, this would not have happpened
Old May 6th 2007, 12:39 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Are you serious?

What a sad individual you are.

Let's hang everyone who's ever made an error of judgement just to make room for your ego.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Are you serious?

What a sad individual you are.

Let's hang everyone who's ever made an error of judgement just to make room for your ego.
Where, may I ask is your note of absence?!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You are a true parent who protects her children 100% of the time and do not forget your DUTIES when on holiday. No-one can protect their children all of the time as accidents can happen but this case is one of neglect and not a case of an accident.

Rosemary
I agree with you rosemary, I truly do feel sorry for the parents, no one would ever want something like this to happen to anyone. and ki ora it has said that they think the little girl is alive and that they have a susspect in mind so we can only assume what he is know to the police for. And if thats true that little girl will pay for it for the rest of her life and that is who I truly feel sorry for. No good saying blaming others takes the blame away from the people that have done it. It's a big bad world out there and we all know it is and therefore it is up to us to protect the vounerable ones old or young as best we can.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazzle
Of course I would agree with that wholeheartedly but parents are human and it is a fact of life that we will let them down, we can't help it but for most of us, thankfully, it will be in small ways and will not have such devastating consequences.

I just cannot agree that an otherwise good/loving parent who makes an error of judgement is in the same league as a child abuser such as the ones you describe.

In this case the abuser is quite clearly the person who abducted the child, to place the blame on the parents would signal otherwise and that's a very dangerous road to go down!
are the other two childre not even younger than the little girl? I'm not sure but thought thats what it said
Old May 6th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Why is this irrelevant? No proper parent would have left a child alone for any amount of time, let alone three of them.

Its not being nasty and anyone that condones leaving young children on their own is no better than the parents of this little girl in my book. This is not just a little mistake or an accident. Leaving something lying around for a child to pick up is a mistake, a moment of 'not thinking'. Leaving any child that cannot fend for themselves is absolute madness and although the anger should be focused on the disgusting person who maybe took her, it still does not change the fact they they were left 'alone'.

The child is in my thoughts, not the parents.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Why is this irrelevant? No proper parent would have left a child alone for any amount of time, let alone three of them.

Its not being nasty and anyone that condones leaving young children on their own is no better than the parents of this little girl in my book. This is not just a little mistake or an accident. Leaving something lying around for a child to pick up is a mistake, a moment of 'not thinking'. Leaving any child that cannot fend for themselves is absolute madness and although the anger should be focused on the disgusting person who maybe took her, it still does not change the fact they they were left 'alone'.

The child is in my thoughts, not the parents.
couldn't have put it better myself.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
are the other two childre not even younger than the little girl? I'm not sure but thought thats what it said
Yes they are two year old twins. So three small children left in an apartment with no supervising adult.

Rosemary
Old May 6th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

I am not saying ooh lets just go out and blame the parents but its just that it seems that some are being so flippant about it. Yes the parents must be absolutely devastated but even when I watched the news even the reporter said, 'well they were only a few hundred yards away and were coming to check on them', well this does not make it OK to leave a child!
Old May 6th 2007, 10:14 am
Just Joined

bullador is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You are a true parent who protects her children 100% of the time and do not forget your DUTIES when on holiday. No-one can protect their children all of the time as accidents can happen but this case is one of neglect and not a case of an accident.

Rosemary
My heart goes out to the family and hope that she is found quickly safe and well.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I am not saying ooh lets just go out and blame the parents but its just that it seems that some are being so flippant about it. Yes the parents must be absolutely devastated but even when I watched the news even the reporter said, 'well they were only a few hundred yards away and were coming to check on them', well this does not make it OK to leave a child!
It is against the law to leave children of this age on their own in an apartment.

The child protection act is there to ensure that children are kept safe from harm.

I find it strange that the media are saying that they were only a few hundred yards away when if a parent in UK left a child alone in a flat to nip to the local shop for their cigs or drink or something there would be a hue and cry from everyone including the media.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.