Castella

Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:20 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torrevieja-good and bad please ?

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Denise,

From a position of ignorance, I would probably agree with Jules. We may well use a firm in Manchester, who operate in both markets, but that is partly because we want to be extra careful about IHT, and also because my Spanish is at the moment rudimentary. If my language skills are up to it by the time we buy, I might change my mind. But having read Law myself in the UK, I am in no doubt at all that you need a local lawyer
Spanish IHT tax is complicated and the firm you speak about in Manchester will just use a Spanish contact anyway. I imagine that you will do some recce trips before you move. Better to look for a good solicitor there and try and get in touch with Brits that live there as well. They in turn will put you touch with recommended solicitors there (only issue could be lack of English speaking solicitors) because this is a part of Spain is really untouched by mass tourism. What part of Galicia are you thinking of?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Jules,
We are thinking of Viveiro/Ortigueira. We are also thinking of independent surveyors as well. We do know how cosy things can be in Spain. Which can be a good or a bad thing
But I don't know if I can continue as I do not want to hijack a thread about the South
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:34 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Jules,
We are thinking of Viveiro/Ortigueira. We are also thinking of independent surveyors as well. We do know how cosy things can be in Spain. Which can be a good or a bad thing
But I don't know if I can continue as I do not want to hijack a thread about the South
This is I think coastal Coruña/Lugo real remote anyway. What is the attraction there, besides the rain and stunning countryside? By the way surveyors unlike the UK are seldom used in Spain but if you are buying an older property it may well be a good idea. If you don`t want to hijack this thread just start a new one?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Cheers Jules good tip well got to go shopping no food in house while i stay on computer no one will get fed
I hope to be in touch with you again anyone else got any info I ought to know Please get in touch
Thanks and Take care Denise
If you want to e-mail me direct - I work for an english speaking lawyers firm in Spain and we have had dealings with people who have bought in Castalla and have had nothing but troubles. There is no advertising allowed on this forum but I can give you an e-mail address and telephone number if you wish. It is entirely up to you.

I would hate you to make an expensive mistake and believe me the agents will tell you anything and do
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:13 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by SueG
If you want to e-mail me direct - I work for an english speaking lawyers firm in Spain and we have had dealings with people who have bought in Castalla and have had nothing but troubles. There is no advertising allowed on this forum but I can give you an e-mail address and telephone number if you wish. It is entirely up to you.

I would hate you to make an expensive mistake and believe me the agents will tell you anything and do
As said before Denise, tell us who the agent or builder is as there is a good chance that somebody on this thread will know who they are.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Thanks Sue and Jules will contact you on my return to uk after viewing will be grateful for e mail address can you say ony specific problems to give me a clue when speaking to agent ?? Will not mention you or anybody else.
Is it new build problems?????????????
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:51 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Thanks Sue and Jules will contact you on my return to uk after viewing will be grateful for e mail address can you say ony specific problems to give me a clue when speaking to agent ?? Will not mention you or anybody else.
Is it new build problems?????????????
Denise Castalla has a huge urbanization on the edge of town in a very nice spot that is now several years old. This urbanization has had build problems, severe building delays and other things in general. Which is why the services of a good solicitor are needed. One thing you should be aware of, is that Castalla and the region is one of the coldest costal regions of Alicante in winter due to its height. Something the agent may not tell you.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Denise Castalla has a huge urbanization on the edge of town in a very nice spot that is now several years old. This urbanization has had build problems, severe building delays and other things in general. Which is why the services of a good solicitor are needed. One thing you should be aware of, is that Castalla and the region is one of the coldest costal regions of Alicante in winter due to its height. Something the agent may not tell you.
Is this it?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515649
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:55 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hondon de las Nieves is a lot further south and as you can see from the article suffers from a lot more problems better that Denise sticks with Castalla
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Lionda, another member here, will have a few stories about Castella if I remember correctly!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...83&postcount=6
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:08 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Lionda, another member here, will have a few stories about Castella if I remember correctly!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...83&postcount=6
It is because thousands of Brits and other nationalities including Spaniards as well, bought these properties off plan as future investments with no intention to live in them. With the over supply of poperties reaching its limit a couple of years ago and the current economic crisis they just now can`t sell them unless they are willing to accept a huge loss on their investment. If you are a buyer there are bargains galore to be had. On the other hand properties in quality areas will not decrease too much therefore making them much less of a bargain and a clever seller will know that.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

chris600uk is an unknown quantity at this point

You can have problems with any property new or old.

We're not trying to put you off, but hopefully help you avoid a disastrous mistake.

Just because a lawyer is UK based doesn't make him/her any more trustworthy or competent than a spanish one, I've come across solicitors and barristers that I would barely trust to make the tea and do it right.
Although I'd rather go for a Madrid or other large city lawyer that is recommended, sorry I don't know one to recommend.

When you remember that the documents are written in Spanish, a spanish lawyer who is recommended would probably be your best bet because some silly things from the olden days can screw your plans to develop a house completely, and modern stuff too.

Always ALWAYS have every document translated into english and read it yourself, otherwise you won't know what questions to ask, and there are bound to be questions. Always have a clearly defined map of the boundaries, don't be fobbed off.

Don't trust anyone - get proper answers to your questions, and don't do the deal until EVERY single one is answered satisfactorily - it's too late once you've signed your money away.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

carefreebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have looked on a map and cannot find the urbanisation of Castella/Castalla anywhere in Torrevieja--can someone help me on this one please ? As the topic is Torrevieja I am sure it must be on a different online map than the one I have looked at.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:19 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by chris600uk
You can have problems with any property new or old.

We're not trying to put you off, but hopefully help you avoid a disastrous mistake.

Just because a lawyer is UK based doesn't make him/her any more trustworthy or competent than a spanish one, I've come across solicitors and barristers that I would barely trust to make the tea and do it right.
Although I'd rather go for a Madrid or other large city lawyer that is recommended, sorry I don't know one to recommend.

When you remember that the documents are written in Spanish, a spanish lawyer who is recommended would probably be your best bet because some silly things from the olden days can screw your plans to develop a house completely, and modern stuff too.

Always ALWAYS have every document translated into english and read it yourself, otherwise you won't know what questions to ask, and there are bound to be questions. Always have a clearly defined map of the boundaries, don't be fobbed off.

Don't trust anyone - get proper answers to your questions, and don't do the deal until EVERY single one is answered satisfactorily - it's too late once you've signed your money away.
Extreme but if in doubt sound advice
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

chris600uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes of course it is and you're quite right to say so, but my view is that it's only OTT if everyone they are dealing with is telling the truth, and sadly that doesn't always happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.