Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you help point me in the right direction

Can you help point me in the right direction

Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you help point me in the right direction

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
a quick flick through the pages no doubt......
I'd imagine so, something about petals or buds I'd hazard, spring is here and she'll be tending her garden tomorrow.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:24 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I'd imagine so, something about petals or buds I'd hazard, spring is here and she'll be tending her garden tomorrow.
I could answer this but I won't, I think I'm in enough trouble already.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:44 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy
I could answer this but I won't, I think I'm in enough trouble already.
Hows the head this morning?

Did you manage to read your book when you went to bed last night?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:05 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Hows the head this morning?

The heads fine, my drinking alot is most propably compareable to you just having a few

Did you manage to read your book when you went to bed last night?
Yes and it's called * "Finger lickin Good"
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:49 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy
Yes and it's called * "Finger lickin Good"

Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:29 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a biography?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:48 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Cheex32;6183109]Hi all my name is Jo and I am a 32 year old single mum to my 9 year old son Josh, my parents have recently moved to the Torrevieja area of Spain and my son and me are out here visiting for 2 weeks, we head back home next Saturday 19th BOO!!!

Hi Jo,
I have just done a post on another thread about a job. I have lived in Spain for about 15 years, most of them in another part of Spain miles from here.
I worked for a very large company for 8 years before being made redundant. Since then I have only had one job, working from home, doing instant translations over the phone. I think the company has folded now. I took lots of abuse in the job, but in your situation I would think about customer service or something like that. I am sure there must be vacancies for remote workers, so that the company saves on premises, wages etc. It would fit in well with your son. I am in the Torrevieja area and I stopped looking for an office job years ago. There are some, but the hours are bad. As for teaching English, it is not as easy as some seem to think. Everyone is doing it and unless you can give a good grounding in grammar by explaining the rules in relation to Spanish grammar, you will come unstuck. I have taught Spanish and English and the Spanish are just as lazy as the English when it comes to learning a language, they may be all gung ho for a few weeks but then, most drop out. How many Brits start a Spanish course (quite a few) and then stop before they are even slightly fluent. The Spanish folk are just the same...