Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The caliphate of Andalus.

The caliphate of Andalus.

Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:46 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The caliphate of Andalus.

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi
That explains it; thanks.
I reckon they're wild off the mark if they think they can claim the whole of India in a caliphate. But then statements from the Middle East are often full of exaggerated claims.
You think they'll manage Spain then?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 8:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pleased to see you wrote Sky Fairy with capital letters. Might one deduce that not quite all doubt is removed??!!
You can deduce all you like. I have absolutely no problem with people having faith in a set of principles, codes, teachings about life, none at all but when someone tells me that a book written by humans, manipulative humans, is the word on some omnipotent being who created life at a whim and takes it away with equal ease then I'm sorry.... That's when I have a problem. "If there is a god he will have to beg my forgiveness"..... Recognise the quote?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I saw on the news earlier that the new Caliph, Abu Baghdad, now wants all Muslims to obey him and some other nonsense on the same theme. I call it nonsense and most westerners probably agree, but the leaderless Muslims in that part of the world may disagree and flock to worship the new leader.

He doesn’t have much competition, some mad mullahs in Iran, a war monger in Syria, and the Shias in Baghdad who throw down their weapons as soon as they hear gun shots. And the fat Saudis, kept in power by the US because of their oil.

I think the new Caliphate can only be a good thing for the civilised world, if the ****ers get too far ahead of themselves just a sensible sized nuke can put an end to it.
I wonder if that may contravene their Human Rights
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
You think they'll manage Spain then?
Dream on. Everyone with beards here? and women hidden away in black?
Let them happily think so, as long as they don't preach hatred.

The only one strength they have is that they have a goal. We in the West have jettisoned the respect & idea even of God. He's not even mentioned in the EU constitution; the bureaucrats made sure His name & all the Christian heritage Europe has had was expunged, obliterated, de-referenced. So I guess He thinks we can live without Him.
We're rudderless, much like the current US policy in the world.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You can deduce all you like. I have absolutely no problem with people having faith in a set of principles, codes, teachings about life, none at all but when someone tells me that a book written by humans, manipulative humans, is the word on some omnipotent being who created life at a whim and takes it away with equal ease then I'm sorry.... That's when I have a problem. "If there is a god he will have to beg my forgiveness"..... Recognise the quote?
Sorry, but I don't recognise the quote.
There are lots of questions I'd like answers to right now, but for me to be telling Him that He got it wrong so often is gross arrogance. But that's just me personally.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:52 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Dream on. Everyone with beards here? and women hidden away in black?
Let them happily think so, as long as they don't preach hatred.

The only one strength they have is that they have a goal. We in the West have jettisoned the respect & idea even of God. He's not even mentioned in the EU constitution; the bureaucrats made sure His name & all the Christian heritage Europe has had was expunged, obliterated, de-referenced. So I guess He thinks we can live without Him.
We're rudderless, much like the current US policy in the world.
The US - the 'One Nation Under God' is rudderless?

And thinking about it, Europe - rudderless though it may be - is a far preferable place to live than a strong, goal orientated, God respecting world. Like Iraq/Iran/Syria.

Last edited by jimenato; Jul 6th 2014 at 10:57 am.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:59 am
FreeThinker

There are lots of questions I'd like answers to right now, but for me to be telling Him that He got it wrong so often is gross arrogance. But that's just me personally.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:59 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It was written on a wall in Auchwitz. To paraphrase the great Mr Zimmerman.... The Germans too thought god was on their side.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimenato
The US - the 'One Nation Under God' is rudderless?

And thinking about it, Europe - rudderless though it may be - is a far preferable place to live than a strong, goal orientated, God respecting world. Like Iraq/Iran/Syria.
The difference between the Islamists perception of God is that they believe he can be forced upon you by the sword from a position of strength.
America is no longer seen as the defender of the "West" as it's retreating everywhere, leaving a vacuum. Obama has failed to see the Islamist threat, appeasing Iran, supporting a corrupt Pakistan with billions of $ only later to realise the Pakistan military & intelligence were spending his money bankrolling the Taliban, his failure to act in Syria, to name a few. So the West is seen as a pushover. They have time on their side & we're too war weary & apathetic to notice.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:48 pm
Straw Man.

The difference between the Islamists perception of God is that they believe he can be forced upon you by the sword from a position of strength.
America is no longer seen as the defender of the "West" as it's retreating everywhere, leaving a vacuum. Obama has failed to see the Islamist threat, appeasing Iran, supporting a corrupt Pakistan with billions of $ only later to realise the Pakistan military & intelligence were spending his money bankrolling the Taliban, his failure to act in Syria, to name a few. So the West is seen as a pushover. They have time on their side & we're too war weary & apathetic to notice.
As opposed to the Christian standpoint for the last 2000 years you mean? You know, where they forced people to learn nothing but the bible they preached and held people in serfdom to the church? If he wasn't such a maniacal brute I'd happily make Henry the 8th a Patron of England for the damage he did to the church in England, pity he didn't go far enough though eh?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to the Christian standpoint for the last 2000 years you mean? You know, where they forced people to learn nothing but the bible they preached and held people in serfdom to the church? If he wasn't such a maniacal brute I'd happily make Henry the 8th a Patron of England for the damage he did to the church in England, pity he didn't go far enough though eh?
Fortunately, what makes you 'happy' is totally irrelevant.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:41 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lutonlad
Fortunately, what makes you 'happy' is totally irrelevant.
Shhh, the grown ups are talking, go and play with your Lego.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:18 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

sounds more like another well known Abrahamic religion
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:30 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Domino
sounds more like another well known Abrahamic religion
Or... Both of them?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

The established churches have a shameful history that wants any decent person to wipe clean. But times have mercifully moved on. We are no longer "slaves" of the church in the way that allowed the church to abuse its power over the common people.
These Islamists on the other hand wish to return to those mediaeval days with a vengeance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.