Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The caliphate of Andalus.

The caliphate of Andalus.

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The caliphate of Andalus.

Originally Posted by HBG
On the other hand, if the people vote for a right wing nationalist party, as they have done in the past, and that party wants to deport dissidents to a country where they belong then that should happen.
Agreed
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:38 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
No, this new Caliphate would be the one for Syria and Iraq that has just been proclaimed by the freedom fighters, Spain and Greece are functioning democracies and part of the EU which will defend them should they be attacked by Islamists.

As functioning democracies, the people will have a vote and could vote for an Islamist party should they wish. On the other hand, if the people vote for a right wing nationalist party, as they have done in the past, and that party wants to deport Islamic dissidents to a country where they belong, like this new Islamist country, then that should happen.
I can think of some good reasons for deportation, but dissidence?

dissident
ˈdɪsɪd(ə)nt/Submit
noun
a person who opposes official policy, especially that of an authoritarian state.
"a dissident who had been jailed by a military regime"
synonyms: dissenter, objector, protester, disputant; More
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:53 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I don’t know the date of this map, but it makes a lot more sense than the re-drawn maps currently in use and causing the current conflicts right round the region.

The Isis rebels, or freedom fighters, seem to want their own Islamist state under Sharia law in a large area of lawless Iraq and Syria. Hundreds of thousand of people have died so far, millions have fled and the idea of western style democracy is just a sick joke.

I doubt if its within our (Western Christian) control, but wouldn’t it solve our problems if such a Caliphate was established in the Middle East? If nothing else it would be an easy target for our drones.

And if our dissatisfied Islamist youth, like those from Cardiff, wanted to go and live there, let’s encourage them, help them on their way, maybe even force them to live there?
one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.
and what are they actually fighting for freedom from ?
The "lawless" areas only became "lawless" when these people stepped in from somewhere, filling a vacuum that really didn't exist.
and if their current actions are an indication of Sharia Law in operation - what happened to that peace loving religion ??
n or wherever, they will be back, they will have the cred, will find it easy to gain followers.
just would like to know what they are dissatisfied with.
I don't remember those who went off to fight in Spain in the 1930's coming back with a view to spread mayhem and death in their wake.

Originally Posted by HBG
No, this new Caliphate would be the one for Syria and Iraq that has just been proclaimed by the freedom fighters, Spain and Greece are functioning democracies and part of the EU which will defend them should they be attacked by Islamists.

As functioning democracies, the people will have a vote and could vote for an Islamist party should they wish. On the other hand, if the people vote for a right wing nationalist party, as they have done in the past, and that party wants to deport Islamic dissidents to a country where they belong, like this new Islamist country, then that should happen.
it is my understanding from the press reports they wish to cover the whole lot inside 5 years - including Greece and Spain.
there is no intention of using the voting box, there will only be one party that of the AK47.
And how many of those who have been tied up and forced to kneel to the AK47 before being shot actually had a vote ???

many thousands of people gave their lives for freedom from tyranny and oppression 70 years ago. whilst there have been bumps along the way that period of relative peace we can expect to be shattered.

I really do not see that the EU is in any fit state to protect any member country, unless it is France or Germany, especially those who are on the Med.
But at least everyone will have to have a cognac for breakfast.

anyone know where I can get a couple of guns and a large box of ammunition before the price sky rockets.??
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
anyone know where I can get a couple of guns and a large box of ammunition before the price sky rockets.??
I've been practising

.357 revolver, but expected to use it defending the frontier against hoards of ex-pats fleeing Spain
Attached Thumbnails The caliphate of Andalus.-p5262284.jpg  
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:47 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I've been practising

.357 revolver, but expected to use it defending the frontier against hoards of ex-pats fleeing Spain
You'll have to point it the other way Fred - Isis will obviously want to impose the caliphate on Spain by invasion via the easy routes and Gib is one of the easiest.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato
You'll have to point it the other way Fred - Isis will obviously want to impose the caliphate on Spain by invasion via the easy routes and Gib is one of the easiest.
They've been here before, but I believe they are not good swimmers!

711 invaded by Tariq ibn Ziyad (Arabic: طارق بن زياد‎, died 720) was a Muslim general who led the Islamic conquest of Visigothic Hispania in 711–718 A.D
The name "Gibraltar" is the Spanish derivation of the Arabic name Jabal Ṭāriq (جبل طارق), meaning "mountain of Tariq"

Finally left in 1462

Returned in 1969 to replace the Spanish when they closed the frontier, some are still here today with British nationality all living in peace and harmony.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:05 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If we take the big countries of the EU, the UK, Germany and France, they have one thing in common - a sizeable and growing part of the population who want to stop further immigration and if possible get rid of immigrants already in the country. They have UKIP, AfD and Le Pen all with the same object in mind and all directed against one particular type of immigrant, the militant Islamists.

Those parties have never had a place to deport their undesirable militants to, until now, until the formation of the Iraqi/Syrian Caliphate, the newly created natural home for Islamists. If the Syrian and Iraqi administrations agreed to the formation of this Caliphate, our Islamists from Cardiff and elsewhere in Europe could travel to the new territory without AK 47s, there would be no need for them.

We would no longer need to watch hundreds of them in the UK in case they tried to blow us up, we could even buy them one-way tickets to their new country and at long last close our borders to stop them returning.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:11 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
If we take the big countries of the EU, the UK, Germany and France, they have one thing in common - a sizeable and growing part of the population who want to stop further immigration and if possible get rid of immigrants already in the country. They have UKIP, AfD and Le Pen all with the same object in mind and all directed against one particular type of immigrant, the militant Islamists.

Those parties have never had a place to deport their undesirable militants to, until now, until the formation of the Iraqi/Syrian Caliphate, the newly created natural home for Islamists. If the Syrian and Iraqi administrations agreed to the formation of this Caliphate, our Islamists from Cardiff and elsewhere in Europe could travel to the new territory without AK 47s, there would be no need for them.

We would no longer need to watch hundreds of them in the UK in case they tried to blow us up, we could even buy them one-way tickets to their new country and at long last close our borders to stop them returning.
whilst not disagreeing with you - I must express concern for the fluffy bunnies who will be throwing themselves under the buses to try to stop their expulsion. Not that they wouldn't be motivated by their loss of income from the Legal Aid pot for multiple tenuous appeals.

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HBG
But Spain is in a different situation ?????

'We will take Spain back': Syrian jihadists

'We will take Spain back': Syrian jihadists - The Local
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:31 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by HBG
If we take the big countries of the EU, the UK, Germany and France, they have one thing in common - a sizeable and growing part of the population who want to stop further immigration and if possible get rid of immigrants already in the country. They have UKIP, AfD and Le Pen all with the same object in mind
and all directed against one particular type of immigrant, the militant Islamists.

Not only militant Islamists. These people - well UKIP anyway - are also concerned about Poles, Bulgarians and, particularly in the case of Farage, Romanians. I suppose they'll just send them back too.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Farage is a Huguenot. Can we send him back too ?
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:34 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The big countries in Europe have big problems with the militant Islamists; they may by definition not be sympathetic to other foreigners in their midst, but the Islamists are the avowed enemy. You can’t compare those Islamists to Poles or Romanians.

I don’t want to be ridiculous in my perambulations, this will probably get wiped or ridiculed, but if the state of Israel had been established 20 years earlier, the worst atrocities in our world may not have happened.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

I don’t want to be ridiculous in my perambulations, this will probably get wiped or ridiculed, but if the state of Israel had been established 20 years earlier, the worst atrocities in our world may not have happened.
Whilst not disagreeing with your logic I fail to see how or where the State of Israel would fit between the wars.

Sadly it took WW2 to force the issue of a homeland.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It’s quite easy to get blasé after a while. ‘Let the silly Arabs get on with it – they’ve been squabbling with each other for hundreds of years’.

That’s what I thought this morning until I watched the news. I need to travel to the US again, it’s of financial benefit to me. I vowed never to return after some hassle with those fat and smelly monsters from homeland security.

It now appears the security checks are going to get even worse. I don’t know if I can handle those horrible people touching me again, I really don’t. I don’t know if the money can compensate me for even having to look at those horrible people, never mind answering their stupid questions.

Travelling from Madrid doesn’t help, you seem to be immediately relegated to third world status. I think I’ll stay where I am.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by stuboy
Whilst not disagreeing with your logic I fail to see how or where the State of Israel would fit between the wars.

Sadly it took WW2 to force the issue of a homeland.
in their eyes Israel doesn't exist, and will not in a couple of years time according to the game plan.
perhaps a bitter pill or piece too large to swallow that will delay plans for Spain by a year or two

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.