Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The caliphate of Andalus.

The caliphate of Andalus.

Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:12 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The caliphate of Andalus.

Originally Posted by HBG
It’s quite easy to get blasé after a while. ‘Let the silly Arabs get on with it – they’ve been squabbling with each other for hundreds of years’.

That’s what I thought this morning until I watched the news. I need to travel to the US again, it’s of financial benefit to me. I vowed never to return after some hassle with those fat and smelly monsters from homeland security.

It now appears the security checks are going to get even worse. I don’t know if I can handle those horrible people touching me again, I really don’t. I don’t know if the money can compensate me for even having to look at those horrible people, never mind answering their stupid questions.

Travelling from Madrid doesn’t help, you seem to be immediately relegated to third world status. I think I’ll stay where I am.
The one time I flew to America (many years ago and hopefully never again) one of the questions I was asked on the questionnaire I was given to fill in during the flight was...

'While in the USA do you intend to have sexual relations with any underage children?'

...and I'm honestly not paraphrasing much.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
The one time I flew to America (many years ago and hopefully never again) one of the questions I was asked on the questionnaire I was given to fill in during the flight was...

'While in the USA do you intend to have sexual relations with any underage children?'

I've heard similar before - incredible!
Seems as though their stupidity is infectious, judging by some of the drivel on our adjacent forum.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato

It’s hard to imagine a people of a religion not having a homeland because of their religion. Jewish people have been hounded out of various countries over the centuries and have only recently had a homeland to return to.

The militant Muslims similarly have not had a homeland as such and this new country in Syria and Iraq should serve the same purpose as the state of Israel.

It’s a human emotion to get rid off our troublesome people and killing them would be too barbaric. So we sent our undesirables, our thieves, to Australia and our religious nuts to America, both places where they have since thrived.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

The militant Muslims similarly have not had a homeland as such and this new country in Syria and Iraq should serve the same purpose as the state of Israel.
I understand that these people want a Islamist state governed by whatever interpretation of Sharia Law they choose. If I thought that for a minute such a state could exist in isolation or would provide a long term solution to the region then I would give it more thought.

But their ambitions are greater. They don't just want an Islamist state for themselves they want everyone else to join the party.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
in their eyes Israel doesn't exist, and will not in a couple of years time according to the game plan.
perhaps a bitter pill or piece too large to swallow that will delay plans for Spain by a year or two
The game plan is their own, The Sephardic jews will outnumber the rest within 2 generations. The Israeli Arabs will probably have tripled and the real owners of the land will probably be around 20million. As the saying goes born of the sword......... Probably best to nukem all and not wait, TA, D,B,A,C etc. etc.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:41 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
I understand that these people want a Islamist state governed by whatever interpretation of Sharia Law they choose. If I thought that for a minute such a state could exist in isolation or would provide a long term solution to the region then I would give it more thought.

But their ambitions are greater. They don't just want an Islamist state for themselves they want everyone else to join the party.
Then it will be following Israel as a state founded on religion and not on more esoteric grounds.
Like everyone else they have the opportunity to win the heart and minds of the electorate and win them round. To do it by using the AK47 as a polling card is not acceptable. Nor is wanting to take boundaries back to the Middle Ages with Middle Ages diplomacy but using the same AK47.

So who is funding these people ??
Is this Al Qaeda funded and controlled from the background ??
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:19 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Funding is not a problem, Muslim banks are awash with money for reasons not necessarily relevant to this discussion.

What is relevant is the fear Isis is spreading around it's sphere of influence. The Iraqi border guards on the Saudi border have fled and the Saudis have had to move 30,000 soldiers to guard a silly border in a silly desert where nobody lives.

Isis is terrifying its opponents.

We don't understand what is happening in that part of the world, we haven't got a clue. All we can sensibly do is guard our homes in the UK. I saw the news about shootings in Birmingham earlier today involving Somalis or similar foreigners.

This needs to stop. These people need to be sent back to where they come from.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:11 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Funding is not a problem, Muslim banks are awash with money for reasons not necessarily relevant to this discussion.

What is relevant is the fear Isis is spreading around it's sphere of influence. The Iraqi border guards on the Saudi border have fled and the Saudis have had to move 30,000 soldiers to guard a silly border in a silly desert where nobody lives.

Isis is terrifying its opponents.

We don't understand what is happening in that part of the world, we haven't got a clue. All we can sensibly do is guard our homes in the UK. I saw the news about shootings in Birmingham earlier today involving Somalis or similar foreigners.

This needs to stop. These people need to be sent back to where they come from.
That may be too late. We have already put so many through the "tick-the-box" test on Britain and it's way of life, made them "citizens" and given them passports.
208,000 passports handed to migrants in one year | Mail Online
208,000 passports given to immigrants last year.

and how many £millions are spent on legal aid with appeal after appeal whilst the individual lives in the community and builds up a binding relationship with a cat.

But I am not saying I disagree with your sentiment, just waiting for the rabbit warren to open up and to be hit with the R pointy finger.

`

Last edited by Domino; Jul 3rd 2014 at 11:15 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

"Citizens"? Is this a new classification which is different from citizens?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Then it will be following Israel as a state founded on religion and not on more esoteric grounds.
Like everyone else they have the opportunity to win the heart and minds of the electorate and win them round. To do it by using the AK47 as a polling card is not acceptable. Nor is wanting to take boundaries back to the Middle Ages with Middle Ages diplomacy but using the same AK47.

So who is funding these people ??
Is this Al Qaeda funded and controlled from the background ??
Saudi for one, after all these are Sunnis and true followers of the Prophet Mohammed............ and probably the Gulf states pass them a buck or two as well. The Saudis will provide lip service to the US but their hearts and wallets will be supporting ISIS or their ilk wherever in the world.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"Citizens"? Is this a new classification which is different from citizens?
The point you're making ?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by lutonlad
The point you're making ?
leave her in her dream warren world.
she hasn't even noticed that I didn't use a capital "c" as she has, which if allowed to do so could mean a totally different context.

I make no apology for taking this opportunity to quote from Wiki...
Citizenship is the status of a person recognised under the custom or law of a state that bestows on that person (called a citizen) the rights and the duties of citizenship. That may include the right to vote, work and live in the country, the right to return to the country, the right to own real estate, legal protections against the country's government, and protection through the military or diplomacy. A citizen may also be subject to certain duties, such as a duty to follow the country's law, to pay taxes, or to serve in the military. A person may have multiple citizenships and a person who does not have citizenship of any state is said to be stateless.

Nationality is often used as a synonym for citizenship in English[1] – notably in international law – although the term is sometimes understood as denoting a person's membership of a nation (a large ethnic group).[2] In some countries, e.g. the United States, the United Kingdom, nationality and citizenship can have different meanings (for more information, see Nationality#Nationality versus citizenship).
being a citizen is supposed to hold certain responsibilities to the state in the same was as the state has responsibilities to the citizen.
perhaps now would be a good time to bring back National Service and see how many cop out due to religious reasons. At which point benefits for them and their families would stop.

Last edited by Domino; Jul 4th 2014 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:34 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bringing back National Service is a step too far, but I’m aware of the latest comment from another highly qualified former Army General to say that our current armed forces are no longer able to deal with a determined terrorist threat from within our country. We can’t send drones into Cardiff or Birmingham.

I own a flat in East London which is now in a totally Muslim area; I bought it 40 years ago when it was a largely white suburb, a bit on the rough side but typically East End.

Whenever I walk down the local streets now, you can smell the hostility of the new occupants, you can see the hatred in their eyes merely because you are a white person. There are very few white people left and their pubs are now Mosques. The various terrorists arrested and convicted recently all come from those streets, born and bred Londoners.

I think it would need an army to sort it out, an army much larger than the one we have now.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Bringing back National Service is a step too far, but I’m aware of the latest comment from another highly qualified former Army General to say that our current armed forces are no longer able to deal with a determined terrorist threat from within our country. We can’t send drones into Cardiff or Birmingham.

I own a flat in East London which is now in a totally Muslim area; I bought it 40 years ago when it was a largely white suburb, a bit on the rough side but typically East End.

Whenever I walk down the local streets now, you can smell the hostility of the new occupants, you can see the hatred in their eyes merely because you are a white person. There are very few white people left and their pubs are now Mosques. The various terrorists arrested and convicted recently all come from those streets, born and bred Londoners.

I think it would need an army to sort it out, an army much larger than the one we have now.
The Bow Street runners were set up to control the lawlessness of the East End, superseded by Robert Peel's Police.

God help us if we have to have the Army patrol the streets of London like we had to do in Northern Ireland. It really will be all over bar the shouting.

It is the Police, and especially the Anti-terrorist Squad's duty to keep control of Britain's streets, not the Army's.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:18 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
The Bow Street runners were set up to control the lawlessness of the East End, superseded by Robert Peel's Police.

God help us if we have to have the Army patrol the streets of London like we had to do in Northern Ireland. It really will be all over bar the shouting.

It is the Police, and especially the Anti-terrorist Squad's duty to keep control of Britain's streets, not the Army's.
The police and anti-terrorist branch lost control of the streets many, many years ago. It’s not exactly relevant but I remember driving through Brixton in 1982 when a police officer told me to keep my doors locked on my way to Westminster, about two miles away.

Tottenham was only a couple of years ago, wasn’t it?

The police to control our streets? If it got serious they couldn’t, the army couldn’t; it would need a drastic political movement from our citizens.

Something like UKIP times a thousand, with bells on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.