Bull Fighting

Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bull Fighting

Originally Posted by Rotor
Whilst I have no interest in bull fighting I`m not against it and it can hardly be classed as a sport ,(I hunt wild boar,deer etc) ,bulls are predicatble and anyone whos worked with cattle will agree the chances of the bull getting the upper hand are very low when you have a sword and half a dozen guys on hand to help,.Now if the odds were 50/50 then I `d be buying a front row seat!! It would be hilarious to see some ponce in his pink leggings getting a horn up his __s

Rgds

Rotor
Not pink, and not up the jacksie.
Attached Thumbnails Bull Fighting-023.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Rotor: I take it that you hunt wild boar with your bare hands?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Rotor: I take it that you hunt wild boar with your bare hands?
Just a loin cloth and bayonet,seriously ,with a rifle and yes I see it as a sport , you can spend days tracking or waiting for wild boar and still come away with nothing ,when your luck is in you get enough meat for a month!!

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

I was pulling your leg.
Some years ago I found myself living in Wyoming where the hunting season means everything (employment and tourism). Friends worked as "trackers" and I should guess-timate that only 1 in 10 shots resulted in a "clean" kill. Most would need to be tracked and could cover some considerable ground. From shot to dispatch was sometimes as long as a couple of hours, with many taking at least 1/2 an hour.
In bullfights, the deeds are done in around 15 mins.
The only difference are the presence of spectators.
PS: I hunted with a compound bow.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - teeny one off topic, but is wild boar open game, ie legally shootable by anyone anywhere (I guess on their own land, I mean!)??
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Sorry - teeny one off topic, but is wild boar open game, ie legally shootable by anyone anywhere (I guess on their own land, I mean!)??
No open season on wild boar unless you are getting crop damage then I think you have to get a special hunting license as oppossed to a normal one from the guardia civil /COAG ,normal season is sept to feb but this can vary region to region.
Hunting in Spain is very big business and stictly controlled by the Junta and Guardia ,you have to complete a course to get a license , then you can apply for a firearms certificate.

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
No open season on wild boar unless you are getting crop damage then I think you have to get a special hunting license as oppossed to a normal one from the guardia civil /COAG ,normal season is sept to feb but this can vary region to region.
Hunting in Spain is very big business and stictly controlled by the Junta and Guardia ,you have to complete a course to get a license , then you can apply for a firearms certificate.

Rgds

Rotor

Many thanks :thumbs up:
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
I was pulling your leg.
Some years ago I found myself living in Wyoming where the hunting season means everything (employment and tourism). Friends worked as "trackers" and I should guess-timate that only 1 in 10 shots resulted in a "clean" kill. Most would need to be tracked and could cover some considerable ground. From shot to dispatch was sometimes as long as a couple of hours, with many taking at least 1/2 an hour.
In bullfights, the deeds are done in around 15 mins.
The only difference are the presence of spectators.
PS: I hunted with a compound bow.
Unfortunatley many Spanish hunters are of the "spray and prey" kind resulting in injured animals, I learnt in Scotland and RSA ,were you are taught you only take a shot if you are 100% sure of a clean kill and most people can achive this most of the time.

Rgds

Rotor