Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BT (as in British telecom)..

BT (as in British telecom)..

Old May 26th 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BT (as in British telecom)..

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I notice you are close to Alcala la Real.

I think you will find that in Alcala la Real and a few local areas to it, there is a service from Dinfotec who can supply a radio Internet at 1 meg or 1.5 meg speed for €15 and €18 a month (€12 if you just use it between 6 until 8am) with no contract, It's subsidised by the Ayuntamiente and costs €110 for the installation of the small antenna, hope this helps, it's a real Bargain and good service.
We have already enquired and the answer is a no-no.....We come under Alcaudete..
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

marcus ja is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Arrakis is owned by BT. I know this as I am a customer through Cocoon Telecom SL who are a dealer for BT. I have just got 2 sim cards off them with no contract and only 8 cents per min to call UK or spanish mobiles!!!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

marcus ja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BT IN SPAIN

Hi I am a customer of BT and have been for years, I admit that they were slow before but they have really sorted themselves out and are now excellent including now offering mobile packages with NO CONTRACT and only 8 cents a minute for uk or spanish mobiles, MEGA CHEAP and because they use the voda network the signal is the best in Spain.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BT IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by marcus ja
Hi I am a customer of BT and have been for years, I admit that they were slow before but they have really sorted themselves out and are now excellent including now offering mobile packages with NO CONTRACT and only 8 cents a minute for uk or spanish mobiles, MEGA CHEAP and because they use the voda network the signal is the best in Spain.
Not 'round here it's not. Vodafone signal is the worst of the lot so we have gone with Movistar.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how threads named like this attract so many spammers.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:49 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcus ja
hi Arrakis is owned by BT. I know this as I am a customer through Cocoon Telecom SL who are a dealer for BT. I have just got 2 sim cards off them with no contract and only 8 cents per min to call UK or spanish mobiles!!!
Hello Marcus.
Can you just confirm what you mean by BT ?

BTW always add the connection fee as this gives a more accurate figure.