Books

Old May 11th 2011, 9:55 am
Just Joined

jaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nicejaks123 is just really nice
Default Re: Books

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Becuase your comment said 'he' perhaps. Perhaps it would be useful for people to at least tick the 'sex' box in their profile, then a little icon would appear which would show the sex of the poster..
thanks mikelincs you hit the nail on the head ....been called he .not only am i new to expats im alos new to computers ,come from a farming household and only got broadband a few months ago ,so big sorry for the confushion i will get the hang of this ( i hope )
Old May 11th 2011, 10:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaks123
thanks mikelincs you hit the nail on the head ....been called he .not only am i new to expats im alos new to computers ,come from a farming household and only got broadband a few months ago ,so big sorry for the confushion i will get the hang of this ( i hope )
Nobody is obliged to put the male/female symbol it just helps to stop this sort of error, but errors will still happen because people do not necessarily look. If you need any other help feel free to contact me, if I cannot help I will find someone who can.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2011, 11:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Becuase your comment said 'he' perhaps. Perhaps it would be useful for people to at least tick the 'sex' box in their profile, then a little icon would appear which would show the sex of the poster..
Perhaps they think ticking the "sex" box means something else?
Old May 11th 2011, 12:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Perhaps they think ticking the "sex" box means something else?
Wishful thinking on some people part I expect. Anyway I have talked to Jaks about it and she is going to have a go.

Edit: Opened my mouth without looking first....she has done it!!!! Well done Jaks.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2011, 1:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Wishful thinking on some people part I expect. Anyway I have talked to Jaks about it and she is going to have a go.

Edit: Opened my mouth without looking first....she has done it!!!! Well done Jaks.

Rosemary
When I started work for the NHS we had to have annual chest x rays, and they trusted us to fill out our request forms. The usual comment for the box that said 'sex', was 'yes please'