Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Benefits (not the welfare system)

Benefits (not the welfare system)

Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:04 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits (not the welfare system)

The time to worry is when you get stopped by two motor cyclist traficos. They're bounty hunters, merciless money collectors and can fine you for just about anything.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:13 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
The time to worry is when you get stopped by two motor cyclist traficos. They're bounty hunters, merciless money collectors and can fine you for just about anything.
Yes, I know. But it >can< have some advantages.

I was once stopped by said types, who claimed I was speeding (could be... I probably was, but not by a lot). Anyway, they took €100 in cash, and never was it reported. No points, nothing.

Right, then. Down €100 cash, but the worst bits avoided.

So, as much as we grumble about corruption, occasionally it has its benefits.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:33 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's an awful thing to say, but living in a country awash with black money and corruption at every level can save you money. I've got English TV, and a free music collection to make you're head spin, if we want to watch the latest film I stay away from the wobbly Chinese Dvds and download it myself.

I've never had a recibo with IVA and paying cash has saved me fortunes. And I still sleep soundly, just the same as my Spanish neighbours.