Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BBC 'Living in the sun'

BBC 'Living in the sun'

Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC 'Living in the sun'

Originally Posted by pwwm
We did not have a survey either, but the place was built in 1947 on a bed of rock, it has withstood earthquakes etc and the other half knew what he was looking at.

Have been told, at least around here, that a survey consists of an architect turning up and seeing the house is still standing so completes the form to say it is ok.

pwwm
Sounds about right ;-)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:33 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BBC 'Living in the sun'

Originally Posted by big wheels
I have only seen the last couple of episodes, and have to agree re the presenter. Bring back Nadia.
But some of the Brits featured still make me laugh out loud with their comments of the Better "Spanish" way of life. when they then reject anything remotely to do with Spain. Prefering to live in a Brit ghetto, rather than a house that is "just too Spanish" .

LOL
I know what you mean BigWheels...but imagine the same happening here in Britain...would someone looking at chintz and dralon furniture, saying it's too English be condemned if they preferred something more modern, Ikea or Heals if they can afford it. I am always surprised by some of the furniture in the main drag in Chiclana.. Some of it horrendously expensive even by British standards, and none of it traditional Spanish. I can understand them wanting a familiar (ish) decor, but when they want to try and recreate an identical life in the sun... I remember the programme where the woman complained that all the shops closed for a siesta.