Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Saying Hi & After Some Advice

Saying Hi & After Some Advice

Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:27 pm
WFP KING

richie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nice
Default Saying Hi & After Some Advice

Hi people
I am thinking of moving to spain in july with my girlfried and her parents.
My question is in england I have a very good business cleaning commercial and domestic windows using a water fed pole system (no ladders to abide by new health and safety regs)
Would my services be needed in spain?
I will be moving to a area caled compolsol (might be spelt wrong) but there is 7000 properties and comercial properties.
The equipment I use means even if there are bars at the window I can still clean the glass and leave it gleaming.
It has taken me some time to get my business decent in england and dont mind starting again in spain .
Any advice will be welcomed

Cheers

Rich
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Re: Saying Hi & After Some Advice

Originally Posted by richie210980
Hi people
My question is in england I have a very good business cleaning commercial and domestic windows using a water fed pole system (no ladders to abide by new health and safety regs)
I will be moving to a area caled compolsol (might be spelt wrong) but there is 7000 properties and comercial properties.
The equipment I use means even if there are bars at the window I can still clean the glass and leave it gleaming.
It has taken me some time to get my business decent in england and dont mind starting again in spain .

Cheers

Rich
I think you will find a lot of Spanish houses have windows that can open inwards, so can be cleaned easily, there was a thread here recently about window cleaning, so you should really do a "search " of this forum
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:05 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
I think you will find a lot of Spanish houses have windows that can open inwards, so can be cleaned easily, there was a thread here recently about window cleaning, so you should really do a "search " of this forum
Hi there

jonsol hit the nail on the head and saved me telling you that ..

My own opinion is it sounds pretty good to me , and could well take off ,,
Assume the worst case is you dont earn immediately but keep your girlfriend happy and her parents can fund you so sounds good go for it ..
another tip , pay your girlfriends mum loads and loads of compliments she will love it and you will be set for life and wont need to work ..
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:25 pm
WFP KING

richie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nice

Well they are just repaying a favour as 18 months ago they asked me if they could stay with us for 6 weeks until they find somewhere in spain.
18 months later they have found somewhere!!!
Remember I am able to reach upto 5 floors high with my water fed pole system so will also be looking a large commercial jobs like hotels etc
Also my girlfriedns dad is going to start a gas delivery service. which I will help out with until my window cleaning venture takes off.
Maybe I should just stick with commercial properties??
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Well they are just repaying a favour as 18 months ago they asked me if they could stay with us for 6 weeks until they find somewhere in spain.
Remember I am able to reach upto 5 floors high with my water fed pole system so will also be looking a large commercial jobs like hotels etc
Also my girlfriedns dad is going to start a gas delivery service. which I will help out with until my window cleaning venture takes off.
Just be careful what you do with your pole!!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=richie
Maybe I should just stick with commercial properties??[/QUOTE]

I would concentrate on commercial properties with the window cleaning idea.

I am a little intrigued re the gas delivery business
The gas companies already deliver free of charge. We put the empty by the front door, and they exchange it for a full bottle.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:45 am
WFP KING

Sorry he's not starting the business from scratch his long term mate has been out there for a few years and he already runs the business my girlfriends dad is buying into it to help it expand.
Myself and girlfriend will be concentrating on domestic and commercial cleaning I will offer window cleaning with my water fed pole set up which enables me to clean windows very high to a second to none standard and my girlfriend will offer standard cleaning, office cleaning and ironing etc just like we do here.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people

Cheers

Rich
At least one firm here ofering the pole system here in my area, so it seesm there are people needing them, as has been said there are many windows that can be removed to clean, but there are also those that are too heavy and impossible to get to from out side by normal means, so could be useful.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 4:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi richie, my partner has a pub cleaned with one of them pole thingies, with absolutely pure water using reverse osmosis, very clever stuff.
I think really there is only a market for commercial applications, but since the possibilities are endless when it comes to that you stand a good chance of making it. You may find that a bigger city or business district would suit you better.
Good luck anyway.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:38 pm
WFP KING

Well we wont move there until about august but we are going over in the next 2 months just for a break oh and to help the future inlaws move in!!! I intend to have a more in depth chat with some locals and maybe even try a little canvassing see how things go.