Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

B.E = Biker Expats..

B.E = Biker Expats..

Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:34 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B.E = Biker Expats..

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Martha,

The bike is in the UK and it is black like the one in the picture....I only started to ride last year after too many years out of the saddle...believe it or not this bike is a Chinese Jinlun 125cc...yes a learner bike about a grand all in, they have suffered lots of stick and ridicule as the Hondas did when they first invaded the UK, but they are a real solid and well designed bike...there are quite a few in Spain..have a look, they are developing all the time. A Harley is too rich for my blood..but love them just the same.

http://www.sjbikes.co.uk/
Hey BB,

Just trying to catch up before shooting off to work. Will have a look at that site with Michael later on today. Thanks

Your bike is lovely....and like yourself, Michael hadn't ridden for years and then got back on the saddle last year......with me in tow! I know how to balance well *lol*

We bought a 125 cc scooter last summer, which is a godsend during the summer months with parking being what it is......but have definitely decided to keep the scooter for work purposes and buy something special for ourselves. Michael will be taking his test on the 26th so please wish him luck

Martha
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I had an eight track in my Pontiac in the 70`s.... lol
You the man..you the man..was it a 365 GTO...??..trouble is with 8 tracks you had to have a trailer fitted for your record collection...
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Bit more like, "Born to be Mild!"

Oh and just for the record, I hate bikes, nothing personal, I just hate them.
Hate, like bikes is very destructive to the environment...try and like them a little bit...it will make you feel better...

Born to be a child.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Hey BB,

Just trying to catch up before shooting off to work. Will have a look at that site with Michael later on today. Thanks

Your bike is lovely....and like yourself, Michael hadn't ridden for years and then got back on the saddle last year......with me in tow! I know how to balance well *lol*

We bought a 125 cc scooter last summer, which is a godsend during the summer months with parking being what it is......but have definitely decided to keep the scooter for work purposes and buy something special for ourselves. Michael will be taking his test on the 26th so please wish him luck

Martha
Martha, balance is all in the hips you know...nudge nudge..say no more..!!
I am not fond of scooters, I have fallen off of them toooo many times..I obviously dont have the hips for them .....Michael will pass no problemo, getting lots of practise on the scooter, as long as he is not getting any bad habits..lots of life savers and practise, practise, practise U turns, when he passes he will be allowed to wear the Village people biker boy gear like me !!
Here is another site for you to check out, I did here there is a 400 coming as well..Good vibes for the 26th... http://www.jinlun.co.uk/ ..
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hate, like bikes is very destructive to the environment...try and like them a little bit...it will make you feel better...

Born to be a child.
I have tried, I have friends who all go biking on a Sunday, and I just cant get over the fact that you are on 2 wheels, go very fast and really have very little control over your own destiny, sorry it seems like sheer folly to me, but good on ya for doing it.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have tried, I have friends who all go biking on a Sunday, and I just cant get over the fact that you are on 2 wheels, go very fast and really have very little control over your own destiny, sorry it seems like sheer folly to me, but good on ya for doing it.
That's why it's so good..thanks for trying...
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:55 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Martha, balance is all in the hips you know...nudge nudge..say no more..!!
I am not fond of scooters, I have fallen off of them toooo many times..I obviously dont have the hips for them .....Michael will pass no problemo, getting lots of practise on the scooter, as long as he is not getting any bad habits..lots of life savers and practise, practise, practise U turns, when he passes he will be allowed to wear the Village people biker boy gear like me !!
Here is another site for you to check out, I did here there is a 400 coming as well..Good vibes for the 26th... http://www.jinlun.co.uk/ ..
Hey Bb,

We have already picked out our village people biker boy/girl gear.....just waiting to pass the test so we can go and actually buy the stuff *lol*

Thanks for the links and the good vibes too!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hey Bb,

We have already picked out our village people biker boy/girl gear.....just waiting to pass the test so we can go and actually buy the stuff *lol*

No.... not matching leathers ;-)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No.... not matching leathers ;-)
nice!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:26 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MnM
Hey Bb,

Hey MnM, I have visions of you and Michael biking a long the coast roads with the wind in your hair, well under your helmets any way, I shoudn't really say this as it is ilegal so I hope there is no Brit PC listening in to this, but my best buddy from Glasgow likes a wee drink or two and there's been many a night that her OH has picked her up from a heavy session after work, dressed her in her leathers and then chained her to himself once they are on the bike so he does not loose her on the way home. She said she remembers the first time she rode on the back of his bike (over 25 years ago) he lent one way when they went round a corner and she was worried they would fall off so she lent in the oppersite directions They have spent many happy hours biking through Europe and over into North Afica, she says there is nothing like it, it is just amazing, so I hope you and Michael get on ya bike and hit the road soon.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:42 am
MnM

We do too Crispygirl! Can't wait to get that bike and go cruising

I love leathers....the smell, the way they feel on the skin, the texture......everything about them......EXCEPT for wearing them in the heat of the summer. I am sure Michael and I will have a few debates about that! He has already told me that if I don't wear leathers I don't get to ride

Loved the story of your friend
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
.........................I am sure Michael and I will have a few debates about that! He has already told me that if I don't wear leathers I don't get to ride

Loved the story of your friend
I tell my Wife the same thing - but I don't mean the Bike!!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:57 am
MnM

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I tell my Wife the same thing - but I don't mean the Bike!!!
*lol*

Michael does not have to persuade me to wear leathers! Believe me
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
*lol*

Michael does not have to persuade me to wear leathers! Believe me
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leather........
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:22 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by mikelincs
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leather........
Oh dear!!!.....if there is SUCH a positive response re leather garments, I wonder what the response for corsets would be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.