Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Isla Canela

Ayamonte - Isla Canela

Old Apr 6th 2006, 6:35 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ayamonte - Isla Canela

How tempting for those of us who live in Britain to have a webcam for daily fixes of one's house, pool etc etc. Imagine the envy if it's let though as you see others frolicking in your pool while you face grey skies over here.. mind you it looks like it's going to be yet another lovely sunny day today. Roll on the end of April!!!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

[QUOTE=poollounger] Imagine the envy if it's let though as you see others frolicking in your pool.....QUOTE]

Imagine the court case when they discover the camera :scared:
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:10 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=dazzle]
Originally Posted by poollounger
Imagine the envy if it's let though as you see others frolicking in your pool.....QUOTE]

Imagine the court case when they discover the camera :scared:
How true.....especially when you spot your own partner frolicking with that gorgeous blonde when they are supposed to be on a businesss trip to Birmingham!! Seriously, wonder when the first case for invasion of privacy will surface?? There are some great weather cams all over Britain...excellent one on the Isle of Sheppey Yacht Club site that gives views of the Thames Estuary, but no close ups or faces.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

You are outrageous poollounger
Old Apr 7th 2006, 6:49 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DrakeS
My fiance and I are in the process of purchasing a property at Costa Esuri (latest information on completion date mid May). Once we have completed on the property we are hoping to get married in Ayamonte some time around September or October this year, since the first time we sat in the square we thought that the town hall would be an ideal setting. However, to date I have not been able to get any information from any source to find out what is necessary as far as paperwork is concerned, and how I can check availability for the ceremony.

If anybody out there has any information at all, or any contact at the town hall, I would be very happy to hear from them.
We got married in Rhodes and found the Greek embassy in London was fantastic, they gave a huge amount of help including passing on details and paper work to the local mayor who eventually performed the ceremony. so I would advise get in touch with the Spanish embassy, they will help you, remember to get all docs copied at least 3 times and get them certified as genuine copies.
All the best
Kevray
Old Apr 7th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't know anything about this subject but from what I've read, it's a very long and complex procedure to get married in Spain. I think it's so bad that most expat's head to Gibraltar for the ceremony.

Try this link
http://www.idealspain.com/pages/Info...n/weddings.htm
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning!
Could anyone report back on the start (yesterday, Palm Sunday) of the Semana Santa processions in the area?
Thanks,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Apr 10th 2006 at 7:58 am.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
Did anyone see "El burriquito"?
Old Apr 15th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I see the Oracle webpage is being updated.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

amanda&charles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol&John
I see the Oracle webpage is being updated.

What is the address of the webpage for the oracle?
Old Apr 15th 2006, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi amanda&charles,

Here you go

http://www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com...tpage&Itemid=1

Originally Posted by amanda&charles
What is the address of the webpage for the oracle?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola y buenos dias,
I see The Oracle homepage has a new article on Semana Santa. Has anyone subscribed to the newsletter?
Saw this article in local website to do with environmentalist groups lobbying local government's "abuse/misuse" of agricultural land for second home developments ie. Puente Esuri. Don't know how to translate it with google. I thought sign in the photo, apparently taken from the border bridge, was interesting: "Aqui empieza Marbella": http://www.ayamonte.org/modules/news...hp?storyid=395
The thing with building on agricultural land, in my humble opinion, is that not many farmers actually want to remain as farmers in this day and age. How does one think the landscape remains green and orderly? Not by Mother Nature herself, but also by the farmer. At Puente Esuri, was the land farmed for agricultural purposes, or for livestock? Was the land ever left unattended by the farmer? I don't know. The ecosystem along this stretch of riverbank may well change, but the marismas remain protected. It remains to be seen how laborious will be the upkeep of the golf courses; water shortages will effect all areas, town & countryside. This part of the countryside will be managed differently from its former purpose, but at least it will be looked after.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

newinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com is being updated as we speak aparently, what do you think of the paper? They have a subscription form in the April issue.
Have not been online for a while as I've been extremely busy.
I am glad that everyone is enjoying the thread and exchanging memories.
The Semana Santa processions were fantastic - it was my first time seeing them and I must admit I turned into a Pasos groupy! (pasos is the float that is carried)
I'll get the pictures on here soon when I get them off the camera.
I saw a couple of processions in Ayamonte and one in Huelva - what a great atmosphere!
The next thing to go to is the April Fair in Seville, which is another huge festival and then all the Romeria's start - its just one big party and excuse to have a few bevies!

Tilly
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tilly,
Looking forward to seeing the photos!
The Oracle seems to change with more articles each time I click online.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

newinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Tilly,
Looking forward to seeing the photos!
The Oracle seems to change with more articles each time I click online.

The Oracle site looks finished now and also has email address on contact page.
Photos are on their way.
It has been pouring with rain here in Ayamonte today - miserable grey sky and a bit cold. Cannot really complain though as it's usually glorious!
Tilly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.