Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Dave Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by LynnF
s

Hi Hoski

Seems we have more than just the bank in common, we have Moron Pendas as our solicitors also (and have same problems as others with responses from them)!!!! A guy there called Alberto was talking to the bank, on our behalf, and the latest we have been told is they would make a decision Mid-August, think we are passed that now!! We are going over next week and one of our first things will be to visit the bank to discuss these charges. It is difficult to see how they can justify them. When we did a chaps payment from Alliance and Leicester in UK to Moneycorp (who then transferred to Barclays) A&L only charged us £30...
Lynn
Guys
Bank charges is a very sensitive issue at the moment for the banks. There is an argument that banks can only charge a realistic amount for the amount of work involved. Overdraft charges in their millions have been repaid to customers this year in a 'consumer watchdog' drive. DO NOT ROLL OVER AND DIE! TELL them....TELL.... you want YOUR money back! Go to UK customer services if you have to ...tell them the charge is unfair and you want to challenge it. If they wont refund you tell them you want that in writing (you need this for the next step) and you are taking them to the Banking Ombudsman to challenge the fee (This I believe costs them £3000 win or lose for them) and also tell them you are going to make it known via this site, or Which! (the consumer magazine) that they are ripping you off. DONT STAND FOR IT!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:02 pm
hoski and Myra

hoski is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dave Williams
Guys
Bank charges is a very sensitive issue at the moment for the banks. There is an argument that banks can only charge a realistic amount for the amount of work involved. Overdraft charges in their millions have been repaid to customers this year in a 'consumer watchdog' drive. DO NOT ROLL OVER AND DIE! TELL them....TELL.... you want YOUR money back! Go to UK customer services if you have to ...tell them the charge is unfair and you want to challenge it. If they wont refund you tell them you want that in writing (you need this for the next step) and you are taking them to the Banking Ombudsman to challenge the fee (This I believe costs them £3000 win or lose for them) and also tell them you are going to make it known via this site, or Which! (the consumer magazine) that they are ripping you off. DONT STAND FOR IT!
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pep talk! I will be going to see the bank this week and my solicitor is also going to try. When I return from Spain in ten days I will post the results. However, as you suggest, I am not going to quietly go.
Have only just completed and have't seen my apartment for ten months - am staying in it tomorrow.
Hopefully see one or two of you arround out there.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Dave Williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pep talk! I will be going to see the bank this week and my solicitor is also going to try. When I return from Spain in ten days I will post the results. However, as you suggest, I am not going to quietly go.
Have only just completed and have't seen my apartment for ten months - am staying in it tomorrow.
Hopefully see one or two of you arround out there.
In addition, if there is an account that Barclays have that DOES NOT charge these fees as mentioned earlier in the site, and they did not offer it to you, then they 'incorrectly advised you' which is a possible breach of the Banking Code. I'm not sure how much joy you will get if you argue a case in a branch in Spain but suspect you will get more joy from Head Office in UK. Good luck!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
If I nip over to Portugal I can get a bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk. Here nada!! We can get twix, toblerone (which is nice) and kitkats, but thats about it
Sam,
the new Food Hall which has opened opposite the Zoo has a very extensive range of English Chocolate including Large bars of Dairy Milk, Flakes, Curly Wurly's etc etc

Matt.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Brian Day will become famous soon enoughBrian Day will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sconlon
Does anyone have contact details (phone or email) for the new Costa Esuri clubhouse? I want to book some tee times with them (just in case the course is busy!) but can't seem to find a phone number or email address.

Thanks for any help.
Seamus
Last time I was there (April) I was given a mobile no.... 650 392 151 or e-mail... [email protected] Brian
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Hi all you Rago 1 owners or potential owners.

We returned a few days ago following a week on CE and a week in Portugal with friends.

Firstly we had a very comfortable week staying in the apartment of a Rago 2 and BE forum member. We also had a lot of help and advice from Bill and Claire and from others who own homes on CE. We had a wonderful time enjoying all that Ayamonte had to offer - there was a music festival on and every type of music was on offer - from classical, cuban, flamenco to folk rock and pop and the free outdoor concert was brilliant. My OH is a keen guitarist and vocalist with a local band so he could see an aspiring career ahead (or at least an appreciation of music!). The place was heaving and it was fantastic to see several generations of families out together - we gradually got used to eating at 10pm but wisely made sure we had parked by 9pm after which it was a nightmare.

Clubhouse stayed open until 10pm, food reasonable cost and quality - but the building is soul-less - lacks any thought in terms of design, but it is at least somewhere to get a meal.

So on a holiday basis we had a great time and we feel we have a bit more of an idea of what we need to do and who might help us when we get nearer to completion.

We are less than happy about the Rago 1 development and much of this has already been voiced on this site. As previously stated there is no doubt that the materials used in the external environment is substandard when compared with elsewhere on CE (cracking roads already) and the lack of flowerbeds and trees on a baking hillside with 10 foot high walls makes the place reminscent of a prison block. Needless to say we are complaining to Fadesa - I do not know if they have sold them all but I would not have purchased here if we had seen it beforehand. It does not compare with the townhouses or Andaluz or Rago 2 which have a much more aesthetically pleasing feel. We did not get that much of a satisfactory answer in the shed. We were told that they are going to put in planters, but cannot put in any trees due to there being no way to put in a watering system. In fact they were not sure how the plants would be watered in the planters. I sensed the fait accompli and it's tough attitude! Those overlooking the pool areas have a nice environment to overlook but elsewhere the grey concrete with painted car bays and numbers (no two tone bricks for us) have this fairly gloomy outlook.
Those looking outwards from Bloques 13 and 14 (I think) have the only patch of grass (so far) that is not part of a pool area. In fact they are lucky enough to have a number of large palm trees also. Also brass door handles into the portals have been replaced by cheap plastic door handles - very poorly fitted. I am relieved to hear that the community room (labelled as such in Rago 2 but labelled as basura (rubbish) in Rago 1 is to be removed - visions of everyone's garbage left to attract vermin? Last few moans - collection of rubbish does not seem to happen as much as it should - virtually noone staying on site and it was overflowing in baking heat.

We have loads of photos - some wonderful ones of the lovely days we had - a bit too hot to do any serious walking but we had some great trips out. Carol - road trip to Alcoutim and a visit to the River Beach there to relax in the shade is worth doing. The River Beach is a new find for us. And on the other side at Sanlucar the bar by the port sold us a beer, a Coke, three tapas, olives and bread for less than 6 euros! Please ignore the date on the photos- I did not realise it was wrongly set.

The half of Rago 1 that has not been released is still a long way off - pools did not look anywhere near finished - September is very optimistic.

The first three photos show the current Rago environment with the fourth photo showing the one patch we could see with some grass. The fifth photo shows one of the townhouse roads.

Carol
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50802.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50853.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50872.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50858.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50877.jpg  

Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Some more photos. The first one is from one of the pool areas yet to be completed, the second shows one of the crumbling areas of pavement, the third a curious area of pavement that does what? It is not a parking area - I suspect it was one of a number of areas that should have been a flowerbed of sorts but which just got tarmaced over. The last couple show areas where flowerbeds must have been in the original plan.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50798.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50867.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50870.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50874.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50907.jpg  

Last edited by CAROL ELIZABETH; Aug 21st 2007 at 8:06 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

And now some uplifting photos:

Sanlucar
Ayamonte late at night
Ayamonte from the river
Two photos of Alcoutim - River Beach
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50812.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50823.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50828.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50842.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50852.jpg  

Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH

We returned a few days ago following a week on CE and a week in Portugal with friends.

Firstly we had a very comfortable week staying in the apartment of a Rago 2 and BE forum member. We also had a lot of help and advice from Bill and Claire and from others who own homes on CE. We had a wonderful time enjoying all that Ayamonte had to offer - there was a music festival on and every type of music was on offer - from classical, cuban, flamenco to folk rock and pop and the free outdoor concert was brilliant. My OH is a keen guitarist and vocalist with a local band so he could see an aspiring career ahead (or at least an appreciation of music!). The place was heaving and it was fantastic to see several generations of families out together - we gradually got used to eating at 10pm but wisely made sure we had parked by 9pm after which it was a nightmare.

Clubhouse stayed open until 10pm, food reasonable cost and quality - but the building is soul-less - lacks any thought in terms of design, but it is at least somewhere to get a meal.

So on a holiday basis we had a great time and we feel we have a bit more of an idea of what we need to do and who might help us when we get nearer to completion.

We are less than happy about the Rago 1 development and much of this has already been voiced on this site. As previously stated there is no doubt that the materials used in the external environment is substandard when compared with elsewhere on CE (cracking roads already) and the lack of flowerbeds and trees on a baking hillside with 10 foot high walls makes the place reminscent of a prison block. Needless to say we are complaining to Fadesa - I do not know if they have sold them all but I would not have purchased here if we had seen it beforehand. It does not compare with the townhouses or Andaluz or Rago 2 which have a much more aesthetically pleasing feel. We did not get that much of a satisfactory answer in the shed. We were told that they are going to put in planters, but cannot put in any trees due to there being no way to put in a watering system. In fact they were not sure how the plants would be watered in the planters. I sensed the fait accompli and it's tough attitude! Those overlooking the pool areas have a nice environment to overlook but elsewhere the grey concrete with painted car bays and numbers (no two tone bricks for us) have this fairly gloomy outlook.
Those looking outwards from Bloques 13 and 14 (I think) have the only patch of grass (so far) that is not part of a pool area. In fact they are lucky enough to have a number of large palm trees also. Also brass door handles into the portals have been replaced by cheap plastic door handles - very poorly fitted. I am relieved to hear that the community room (labelled as such in Rago 2 but labelled as basura (rubbish) in Rago 1 is to be removed - visions of everyone's garbage left to attract vermin? Last few moans - collection of rubbish does not seem to happen as much as it should - virtually noone staying on site and it was overflowing in baking heat.

We have loads of photos - some wonderful ones of the lovely days we had - a bit too hot to do any serious walking but we had some great trips out. Carol - road trip to Alcoutim and a visit to the River Beach there to relax in the shade is worth doing. The River Beach is a new find for us. And on the other side at Sanlucar the bar by the port sold us a beer, a Coke, three tapas, olives and bread for less than 6 euros! Please ignore the date on the photos- I did not realise it was wrongly set.

The half of Rago 1 that has not been released is still a long way off - pools did not look anywhere near finished - September is very optimistic.

The first three photos show the current Rago environment with the fourth photo showing the one patch we could see with some grass. The fifth photo shows one of the townhouse roads.

Carol
We're also on Rago 1 and do agree with your comments, especially with regard to outside greenery. Another thing was shade around the pool - we noticed in Rago 2 that there are some permanent umbrellas up around one of the pools. Would this be something for the community to take up when that's up and running? Apparently, on the next Rago phase, they weren't going to put any pools in at all but have conceded and have put one or two in, but nothing like we have on Rago 1.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
We're also on Rago 1 and do agree with your comments, especially with regard to outside greenery. Another thing was shade around the pool - we noticed in Rago 2 that there are some permanent umbrellas up around one of the pools. Would this be something for the community to take up when that's up and running? Apparently, on the next Rago phase, they weren't going to put any pools in at all but have conceded and have put one or two in, but nothing like we have on Rago 1.
Outrageous - words from other half......re the next Rago phase....

As to umbrellas - they also have gazebos on Rago 2 - not sure who paid for those. Having said I understand they are paying plenty to ADA for the upkeep of the outside area on Rago 2. I was impressed with one or two of the Manzanas but I understand they do not all use ADA/AEA. Also like the much more secure entry from the Andaluz site.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi all - just returned from a month in the sun and have taken this photo of a plot overlooking golf 2. It is inbetween phase 1 and 2 townhouses, just by the workers dinner tent. I think it may be John & Kath's, but I'm not sure ... whoever it belongs to there was lots of activity every day!

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

Just back from our Ruby wedding trip away for the weekend in Aberdovey. Yes you are right that is a photo of our plot with progress being made.

The first dig was on Friday 6th July the day after I left following a short visit to see the start of works. Never mind they are well under way now! This is a shot of the first dig.

Regards,

John.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-hpim0895.jpg  
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:08 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sharon,

Just back from our Ruby wedding trip away for the weekend in Aberdovey. Yes you are right that is a photo of our plot with progress being made.

The first dig was on Friday 6th July the day after I left following a short visit to see the start of works. Never mind they are well under way now! This is a shot of the first dig.

Regards,

John.
Congrats on your Ruby Wedding and I can certainly confirm that your builders were on site each day every day working away! Won't be long now then ... Sharon
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Some more photos. The first one is from one of the pool areas yet to be completed, the second shows one of the crumbling areas of pavement, the third a curious area of pavement that does what? It is not a parking area - I suspect it was one of a number of areas that should have been a flowerbed of sorts but which just got tarmaced over. The last couple show areas where flowerbeds must have been in the original plan.
Hi Carol

excellent set of pictures. Looks like the ground floor properties have already got a ground cover in what looks like white stone chippings. (the picture showing the pool area) This will reduce the spread of weeds especially where some are not yet owned or occupied. Having seen these I can't wait to get out there again next week.

Graham
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Carol
I can only agree with you that the impression is not the best, based on the photos you have kindly provided. You mention it is reminiscent of a prison block. Actually the walls, fences, dead ends and general emptiness reminded me instantly of "The Prisoner" TV series, minus the water, grass and trees.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi Carol

excellent set of pictures. Looks like the ground floor properties have already got a ground cover in what looks like white stone chippings. (the picture showing the pool area) This will reduce the spread of weeds especially where some are not yet owned or occupied. Having seen these I can't wait to get out there again next week.

Graham
Hi Graham

Yes they have put the chippings down which is a plus and to a certain extent in most of the gardens the weeds have been thwarted - it is much improved but most owners will need to put some plants in because the stark white chippings against walls up to 10 feet high in mustard or terracotta just does not work - it needs the green to 'water' it ! I know some still have gardens with lots of weeds in Rago 2 but I noted how luxourious some of the ground floor apartment gardens had become in the Rago 2 bloques - if little is done to improve the parking areas in Rago 1 we will be very dependent upon the ground floor apartments for green.

Have a great holiday - we very much enjoyed our week.

Carol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.