Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:10 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Mel,

Our sky tv is now up and running. We are now waiting for our satellite broadband which should be fitted next week ( I will believe it when I see it). Im not too sure of the cost of the sky tv but I do know its a bit dearer than the apartments because of the wiring, but we were deperate for it as its the BB final tonight (yep Im sad )

Sam
Hey, how did you get that........did you have to go through the Admin and SAS? are you with Per ? What about this rule about the dish only on the end house? Dooohh I don't understand this, can we approach the people who installed yours. Yes you saddo Sam BB indeed !! Now Corrie or Lost I cannot be without........and the X factor tomorrow, the first contestants are always the best to watch. Very high profile viewing for me (like not ! )

Ned,

Congrats, glad you are in at last, you and I were very like-minded in the early days but things are looking up now. I even had a call from Fadesa Customer Services telling me that all ( except new wardrobe doors) the repairs on our extensive snag list had been completed. I am sceptical and will check when I am there in Sept, they had started them when I was there earlier this month but I cannot help but doubt that all the work has been done. If so I am happy to take my words back and I will be delighted.........still want a gate to the pool though !

All the best Mel
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!
Hi Ned,
Glad to hear your positive experience. It appears that many property management companies in the area are receiving very good reviews. Long may the good work continue. Should anyone need a list of addresses, pls. feel free to PM me.
Re: torrential rain. Now is the time to check out if the roof/terrace leaks ( :scared: )!
Back on the subject of community charges, I had a look at a website advertising properties for sale. It mentioned some community charges as little as 30 euros per month (Huelva province). There was a pool/gardens, but can't say what else was available (eg. lifts, concierge, size of urbanization etc...) Is it fair to compare these charges across the board? I understand that a well run community is worth every penny/cent.
Regards,
Carol
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Job

A friend of mine is looking for a Telemarketer who is required to undertake customer satisfaction calls to UK; flexible part time hours. around 15 hours a week.Basic hourly rate plus commission.

Work based from home with telephone provided, although must have own PC and internet access to send and receive reports. Previous sales or commercial experience would be an advantage. A good command of the English language is essential.

Could those interested please PM me with some details and I will pass them on.

All the best
Loco
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Not really as you have to compare like for like.

It is certainly true some urbanization community charges are far too high. I think four years ago when I lived in a 30 unit urbanization with no lifts the charge was 22 E a month including the pool and gardens.

It was certainly worth every penny and I think a lot of the reason was down to the status of the other owners. One was a Government economist, another a Director of Heineken ES and another a Tax Inspector! They didn't pay an Administrator

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!
Back on the subject of community charges, I had a look at a website advertising properties for sale. It mentioned some community charges as little as 30 euros per month (Huelva province). There was a pool/gardens, but can't say what else was available (eg. lifts, concierge, size of urbanization etc...) Is it fair to compare these charges across the board? I understand that a well run community is worth every penny/cent.
Regards,
Carol
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hola!
Hi Ned,
Glad to hear your positive experience. It appears that many property management companies in the area are receiving very good reviews. Long may the good work continue. Should anyone need a list of addresses, pls. feel free to PM me.
Re: torrential rain. Now is the time to check out if the roof/terrace leaks ( :scared: )!
Regards,
Carol
Just returned today from our house on MANZANA2.

Torrential rain has caused a few problems ,leaking ,flooding of front garden etc !!!

Main concern is the pool area.The grass around the pool area was flooded and pool was completely out of use yesterday as mud had washed into the pool and it is now a murky brown colour

I think we need to ask Fadesa to tile around the pool area as the grass area is not satisfactory.Even when it has not rained the sprinkler systems causes the grass area to be very muddy.Not ideal to sit or walk on.

Regarding satellite dishes,there are a few large dishes appearing and most people you speak to seem to think they will have to come down

Apparently within the deeds of each end townhouse there is a clause that states they have to accept the mounting of a satellite dish and the other houses feed off this.

Generally though development is looking great,golf course is coming on,people are starting to move in ,garden work taking place .Little sign of any commercial areas being ready for a very long time though.

Thanks again Bob and Gary for a very enjoyable round of golf.Look forward to the return.

Cheers,

Tony & Lindsey
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean
Re: ceiling fans. Sorry to hear that there might be a problem with the fitting of fans to townhouse ceilings. Has anyone fitted ceiling fans to apartments/duplexes at Pueblo Andaluz (Marina Esuri)?

Regards,
Carol

Hi Carol

We are on Man7 Pueblo Andaluz and moved in back in June. We were informed that the only ceiling capable of taking a decent ceiling fan was that in the lounge.

Regards

Dean[/QUOTE]

Hi Everybody

Re ceiling fans this discussion came up before and here is what I think.

Call me 'Mr safety' but there is no way that I would put ceiling fans into plasterboard.. even with great rawlplugs - or those wing fittings, that someone mentioned.

For me plasterboard is 'crumbly' and fans are both heavy and they vibrate. Even if they are pefectly balanced. A slight imbalance and they shake around even more.

Over time I would expect the vibrations on the crumbly plasterboard to weaken the fixing. I would worry about the heavy fan falling and spinning onto my bed... or those spinning blades decapitating me!!.. Or giving me a very high pitched voice! :scared:

If you have a renter there and it falls on him/her you also have a liability lawsuit to deal with!

I havent looked closely at my ceilings at CE, but if the duplexes/appartments are built like they are in Belgium, there is a concrete 'schap' that you can drill into. (But buy a decent pneumatic hammer drill, and a decent masonery bit - those Wickes cheap drills and bits will have you swearing. Its well worth the investment)

Nice to see some posts about people moving in.... I wont be surprised if its 2007 before I get the keys!! Amazing delays here!

Regards

Jon
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:12 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hey, how did you get that........did you have to go through the Admin and SAS? are you with Per ? What about this rule about the dish only on the end house? Dooohh I don't understand this, can we approach the people who installed yours. Yes you saddo Sam BB indeed !! Now Corrie or Lost I cannot be without........and the X factor tomorrow, the first contestants are always the best to watch. Very high profile viewing for me (like not ! )

Ned,

Congrats, glad you are in at last, you and I were very like-minded in the early days but things are looking up now. I even had a call from Fadesa Customer Services telling me that all ( except new wardrobe doors) the repairs on our extensive snag list had been completed. I am sceptical and will check when I am there in Sept, they had started them when I was there earlier this month but I cannot help but doubt that all the work has been done. If so I am happy to take my words back and I will be delighted.........still want a gate to the pool though !

All the best Mel
Hi Mel,

We are watching sky from the communal dish on the end townhouse. Theres no point in putting a dish up yourselves as you will be made to take it down. I think we are the first in the townhouses to get it put in as sas were fed up of me mithering them so they needed to shut me up lol!!!

Steve and Pat,

All is back to normal now with the weather (fingers crossed). There were a few problems with properties that need looking into and Fadesa will now be aware of them. Your house is fine as Benny was in there yesterday.

Sam
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:03 am
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We seem to have a bit of problem with our utilities at the moment and wondered if anyone could advise us?
As we speak my parents are at our townhouse (Man 1 just picked up the keys) we have no water and no gas. Fadesa are sorting out the water, but say the gas is not their problem, they say our solicitor should have sorted it out. Our solicitor apparently requested a technician to connect the gas on the 7th August (she emailed to inform us) and left the keys with conforta to let him in. This obviously has not happened, but the problem is our solicitor is now on holiday and we do not know who she contacted to book the technician. Does anyone have any ideas who we can contact to try and sort this out please?

Regards,

Andrea and Col
Old Aug 19th 2006, 2:58 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Andrea & Col

Conforta set up our supply for €42, is it worth calling them or sending an email maybe ? Vanessa did it and she now works for Fadesa, could ask your family to go to the shed and ask Vanessa to help, she would be able to liase with the Conforta rep ?

Good Luck
Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Sam ,

Good to see you have lost non of your talent for getting things done! Did you enjoy watching BB last night in your new home in the sun on the coast of light. Good old NE lancs grit and detemination in the face of sloth always wins in the end especially if the BB final is your goal.

How bad was the storm? we looked at both WebCams during the day but it did not show up too bad. This just demonstrates the benefit of having your firm actually on site to look after properties, you can just look out of the window to see where the storm has hit and Benny can get rescue underway asap.

Your bb internet connection, will it be via sky or are you going for a local satellite company who transmitt over microwave for the last link? I investigated the latter method and it looks attractive but the nearest ground station is those aerials opposite the Parador and I don't think they are line of site to my plot. Of course when my tower is built I may just be able to pick it up and then I could become a repeater station to servce about six other connections on our side of the ridge.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Mel,

We are watching sky from the communal dish on the end townhouse. Theres no point in putting a dish up yourselves as you will be made to take it down. I think we are the first in the townhouses to get it put in as sas were fed up of me mithering them so they needed to shut me up lol!!!

Steve and Pat,

All is back to normal now with the weather (fingers crossed). There were a few problems with properties that need looking into and Fadesa will now be aware of them. Your house is fine as Benny was in there yesterday.

Sam

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 19th 2006 at 3:07 am.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:33 am
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello Andrea & Col

Conforta set up our supply for €42, is it worth calling them or sending an email maybe ? Vanessa did it and she now works for Fadesa, could ask your family to go to the shed and ask Vanessa to help, she would be able to liase with the Conforta rep ?

Good Luck
Hi Mel,

Thanks for the reply, Vanessa is the person from Fadesa sorting out the water or lack of it, a bit ironic really as both the Conforta person and Vanessa told my dad it was not their responsibility! Fortunately we have managed to speak to our solicitor since who has confirmed it is Conforta who are responsible so at least my dad can go back and badger them now! Our solicitor said she has paid the fee and the connection should have been completed, so we'll see how it goes, can you tell me how long it was before you got your connection? apparently the paper work was sent on 7th August does it really take that long?

Regards,

Andrea
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:16 am
MEL & JOHN

Hiya Andrea

We asked Vanessa to do it a week after we completed (24th May) so it was very early June, a few days later she faxed me the forms to sign and the gas was connected 14th or 15th June.

Kind Regards

Mel
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreaandcol
Hi Mel,

Thanks for the reply, Vanessa is the person from Fadesa sorting out the water or lack of it, a bit ironic really as both the Conforta person and Vanessa told my dad it was not their responsibility! Fortunately we have managed to speak to our solicitor since who has confirmed it is Conforta who are responsible so at least my dad can go back and badger them now! Our solicitor said she has paid the fee and the connection should have been completed, so we'll see how it goes, can you tell me how long it was before you got your connection? apparently the paper work was sent on 7th August does it really take that long?

Regards,

Andrea
Its not even two weeks yet and there has been a Spanish holiday in it.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola!
Hi Ned,
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol, could you give me the address of the website offering properties for sale please
Regards
Jan
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Cool Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sam ,

Good to see you have lost non of your talent for getting things done! Did you enjoy watching BB last night in your new home in the sun on the coast of light. Good old NE lancs grit and detemination in the face of sloth always wins in the end especially if the BB final is your goal.

How bad was the storm? we looked at both WebCams during the day but it did not show up too bad. This just demonstrates the benefit of having your firm actually on site to look after properties, you can just look out of the window to see where the storm has hit and Benny can get rescue underway asap.

Your bb internet connection, will it be via sky or are you going for a local satellite company who transmitt over microwave for the last link? I investigated the latter method and it looks attractive but the nearest ground station is those aerials opposite the Parador and I don't think they are line of site to my plot. Of course when my tower is built I may just be able to pick it up and then I could become a repeater station to servce about six other connections on our side of the ridge.

Regards,

John.
Hi, These webcams you mention, are they available for general viewing ,or are they private ones ?,
John.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.