Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:40 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri

The other thread was getting very long and had of late gone WAY OFF topic so I've closed it and started this one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

Please continue your discussion here.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:23 pm
PDH
Just Joined

PDH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

So I have heard some of you discussing somewhere called The Sugar Cane. Can someone tel me where it is so we can try it out on our next visit to review the status on our house.

Paul & Hayley
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:30 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PDH
So I have heard some of you discussing somewhere called The Sugar Cane. Can someone tel me where it is so we can try it out on our next visit to review the status on our house.

Paul & Hayley

I think yoi mean the Sugar Reef

Ted
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:32 pm
PDH
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tednsharon
I think yoi mean the Sugar Reef

Ted
That is the one can you tell me where it is please.

Paul
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:44 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PDH

Paul
I believe it is out by the Rui Atlantico Hotel there is a marina there with some bars and restaurants and it is one of them. Not hard to find if you know where the Hotel is.

Ted
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

David and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PDH

Paul
Hi Paul

We were sat having a drink there only 5 days ago! It is near the Riu Atlantico Punta del Moral, I think the food is better in the Italian Restaurant next to it, especially the garlic bread with cheese! It is a nice place to sit and have a meal or just a drink with good views.

K & D
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:49 pm
PDH
Just Joined

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Paul

We were sat having a drink there only 5 days ago! It is near the Riu Atlantico Punta del Moral, I think the food is better in the Italian Restaurant next to it, especially the garlic bread with cheese! It is a nice place to sit and have a meal or just a drink with good views.

K & D
Thanks for the info
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Ayamonte - Costa Esuri

The other thread was getting very long and had of late gone WAY OFF topic so I've closed it and started this one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

What was the original topic

I think the last six posts have gone off track already.

More suited to pm`s or emails ?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul

K & D
Hi David and Kathy

sounds great, we are not going out again until early December, cannot wait!
What was the Esuri site like? Did you take any pictures you can share?

Mike & Di
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:54 pm
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Hurrah, the return of the thread. Or is it Sean of the Thread. Sew all's well that ends swell.
Sam, found it all on my lonesome,

Best to all, sure this one will never leave the straight and narrow!

Jules
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:04 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Hurrah, the return of the thread. Or is it Sean of the Thread. Sew all's well that ends swell.
Sam, found it all on my lonesome,

Best to all, sure this one will never leave the straight and narrow!

Jules
Have you been keeping the beer out of the fridge monster again? LOL

Sam
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr

Hi JDR

Apologies if my contribution was "off track", I started reading this thread way back in the early days (the original thread) and I understood it was for passing information and helping each other with general news.

You will see that I have only "posted" 9 times, where as you have posted a huge 718 times and therefore must be an expert, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what the thread should be used for. Thank you so much.

Kathy
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Hi David and Kathy

sounds great, we are not going out again until early December, cannot wait!
What was the Esuri site like? Did you take any pictures you can share?

Mike & Di
Hi Mike & Di,

We went out for eight days, and it was very much a working holiday. We spent the first few days visiting every furniture shop in Ayamonte and then choosing the furniture (and changing my mind on the colour of the sofas en route to Faro airport - turning round and re-ordering!) We also ordered white goods and got two quotes on Air Con - we are waiting for a third.

You may all know that Fadesa now has a furnishing/management company set up in the shed. They are called Conforta. We did not use them but they are on the web if anyone wants to see that they are doing.

We had not been out for a year and the difference in the site was staggering, lots of car parking for the golf club (they must think it will be popular). There was what looked like "substations" in front of some properties (one per pool), they are not very attractive and quite large. We were not allowed inside our house, but did manage to peer through the windows and everything looked good.

David visited a few golf courses in the area to compare fees and it would appear that the quotes we have received are similar to most of them.

We met up with a great couple in the Sugar Reef (Hi Debbie & Brian), who we discovered through the thread would be out at the same time as us. We had a few drinks and swapped furnishing stories!

Ayamonte is growing in size - lots of building everywhere, including a new shopping centre. We also noticed many more English translations on menus (some made interesting reading!).

Altogether we came home really excited and looking forward to returning soon, we have booked our flights, hotel and car hire for early December. Cant wait!

Kathy

Last edited by David and Kathy; Oct 12th 2005 at 3:03 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JDR

Apologies if my contribution was "off track", I started reading this thread way back in the early days (the original thread) and I understood it was for passing information and helping each other with general news.

You will see that I have only "posted" 9 times, where as you have posted a huge 718 times and therefore must be an expert, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what the thread should be used for. Thank you so much.

Kathy
No need for the sarcasm and excuse me for posting my thoughts which are similar to the moderators who closed the thread and reopened this one, asking if it could be kept on topic.

I stand by what i previously said chit chat like the previous posts should really be done by email to save the bandwidth for more important things.

The idea of this ex pat forum is to give folks more important information than garlic bread with cheese on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue
Ayamonte - Costa Esuri

Last edited by jdr; Oct 12th 2005 at 6:16 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:26 pm
PDH
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
No need for the sarcasm and excuse me for posting my thoughts which are similar to the moderators who closed the thread and reopened this one, asking if it could be kept on topic.

I stand by what i previously said chit chat like the previous posts should really be done by email to save the bandwidth for more important things.

The idea of this ex pat forum is to give folks more important information than garlic bread with cheese on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue
Ayamonte - Costa Esuri

I am also a newer user to this thread, which I thought was for those buying or thinking of buying property on CE. If that is the case then surely any details, tips or information exchanges that people of the CE persuasion choose to discuss must be the purpose of the forum. If this is not the case could Sam Parky, who I believe, from previous posts, started the original thread please set out the parameters for discussion.

Thank you

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.