Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi BW

Thanks for this - your quote is far less than any we have had. Does anyone else have any info on Air Con Units? Also take your point about the alternatives.

Nice pictures Michael - thanks. I think the third picture is of the lake in the middle of the golf course where most of David's golf balls will be found in future!

K & D
Hi David & Kathy et all

Re air con, our apartment on Canela came with pre installation for air con, so we needed a slave unit on the roof and 4 wall units (one for each of 3 bedrooms and one for lounge). The one in the lounge is slightly larger as they work out the floor area it needs to cover. The cost for mitsubishi was just over 4,200 euros including fitting (yes, it is an inverter unit) and it is also pretty quiet. I havn't personally heard of anyone getting such low prices as 1,000 euros, maybe they are cold air only and not inverter, sorry I don't know.

Air con is such an individual thing, some love it, some hate it. I spent one night in the apt last year during the forest fires time and thought I would die, my mind was made up ! I have just checked my electric bill after 7 weeks of renters and calculate that the cost was around 5 euros a day that the apt was occupied, obviously I have no idea how much it was used but comparing it to when we have been there in summer, our use was about 3 euros a day.

It does get cold in winter and the aircon was effective at keeping the place warm, although it took a while to feel the effect. Bear in mind the space you have, freestanding fans and radiators are great but take up space. I find having the aircon on and doors closed also keeps the mossies in check, so if you want the doors open to keep cool, get those blinds installed !!

Best advice is probably, if in doubt, wait and see.

Good luck

Tricia

ps just changed the cost, I put the wrong amount down, sorry

Last edited by Tricia; Oct 15th 2005 at 6:33 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

kealykch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

could anyone offer me any advice. Me and the family are visiting the area in a couple of weeks to check out the area. We are flying into Faro and staying in the Islantilla area for 10 days. We are then going to stay with friends in Malaga for a couple of days and flying from there. We are having big problems with ridiculous car hire quotes as we would be picking up in Portugal and dropping off in Spain. Has anyone got any suggestions?

If anyone also has any recommendations of where to take 3 young children age 4, 5 and 6 I would love to hear from you as they are gutted that they will be missing Halloween and bonfire night!

Thankyou
Kealy
Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:10 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by kealykch
Hi Everyone

could anyone offer me any advice. Me and the family are visiting the area in a couple of weeks to check out the area. We are flying into Faro and staying in the Islantilla area for 10 days. We are then going to stay with friends in Malaga for a couple of days and flying from there. We are having big problems with ridiculous car hire quotes as we would be picking up in Portugal and dropping off in Spain. Has anyone got any suggestions?

If anyone also has any recommendations of where to take 3 young children age 4, 5 and 6 I would love to hear from you as they are gutted that they will be missing Halloween and bonfire night!

Thankyou
Kealy
Hi

We've been using www.car-hire-faro.com which was recommended to us by a forum member with no problems at all, but we have been hiring and returning to Faro. I think they're well worth a quote, though.

I am in Ayamonte from Fri 11- Mon 14 November with 4 female friends (they wouldn't hear of me coming over by myself to finalise the furniture details!) if anyone else is around for drink? We're staying at the Atlantico. I'd love to meet up if anyone else is about!

Sharon
Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

kealykch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi

We've been using www.car-hire-faro.com which was recommended to us by a forum member with no problems at all, but we have been hiring and returning to Faro. I think they're well worth a quote, though.

I am in Ayamonte from Fri 11- Mon 14 November with 4 female friends (they wouldn't hear of me coming over by myself to finalise the furniture details!) if anyone else is around for drink? We're staying at the Atlantico. I'd love to meet up if anyone else is about!

Sharon

Thanks for that I will take a look
Kealy
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

TRANSPORT

Your cheapest option may be to take a prebooked Taxi/transfer service from Faro to Islantilla ( Around 50 to 100E) and then rent a car one way from there.

KIDS

There is a limited waterpark at Cartaya (1/2 Hour) : Better ones are back over the border in PT. ( 1 hour)

There is a Croc Park at Isla Cristina. ( 20 mins )

There is the Ayamonte Zoo. ( 20 mins ) ( a total disgrace to Spain)

Ten Pin Bowling in Lepe ( 5 Mins)

A small Acrade centre in Lepe ( 5 mins )

Horse Riding with kiddies lessons in Pinares De Lepe ( 5 Mins)

A Karting Track at Cartaya which I think has some dual seats so Dads can take their kids around.

Do check they are open as it is now out of season.

An hour away, and on the way to Malaga, is of course the "bribe" should kids start bleating http://www.islamagica.es/

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by kealykch
Hi Everyone

Thankyou
Kealy
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Loco
TRANSPORT

Your cheapest option may be to take a prebooked Taxi/transfer service from Faro to Islantilla ( Around 50 to 100E) and then rent a car one way from there.

KIDS

There is a limited waterpark at Cartaya (1/2 Hour) : Better ones are back over the border in PT. ( 1 hour)

There is a Croc Park at Isla Cristina. ( 20 mins )

There is the Ayamonte Zoo. ( 20 mins ) ( a total disgrace to Spain)

Ten Pin Bowling in Lepe ( 5 Mins)

A small Acrade centre in Lepe ( 5 mins )

Horse Riding with kiddies lessons in Pinares De Lepe ( 5 Mins)

A Karting Track at Cartaya which I think has some dual seats so Dads can take their kids around.

Do check they are open as it is now out of season.

An hour away, and on the way to Malaga, is of course the "bribe" should kids start bleating http://www.islamagica.es/

Best
Loco
Hi Loco

Is the zoo still open ? I noticed the big green tarpaulin stuff the last couple of visits and wondered if it had been closed down.

Tricia
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Mike & Di,

We went out for eight days, and it was very much a working holiday. We spent the first few days visiting every furniture shop in Ayamonte and then choosing the furniture (and changing my mind on the colour of the sofas en route to Faro airport - turning round and re-ordering!) We also ordered white goods and got two quotes on Air Con - we are waiting for a third.

You may all know that Fadesa now has a furnishing/management company set up in the shed. They are called Conforta. We did not use them but they are on the web if anyone wants to see that they are doing.

We had not been out for a year and the difference in the site was staggering, lots of car parking for the golf club (they must think it will be popular). There was what looked like "substations" in front of some properties (one per pool), they are not very attractive and quite large. We were not allowed inside our house, but did manage to peer through the windows and everything looked good.

David visited a few golf courses in the area to compare fees and it would appear that the quotes we have received are similar to most of them.

We met up with a great couple in the Sugar Reef (Hi Debbie & Brian), who we discovered through the thread would be out at the same time as us. We had a few drinks and swapped furnishing stories!

Ayamonte is growing in size - lots of building everywhere, including a new shopping centre. We also noticed many more English translations on menus (some made interesting reading!).

Altogether we came home really excited and looking forward to returning soon, we have booked our flights, hotel and car hire for early December. Cant wait!

Kathy
Hi all. We are flying into Faro on December 1st & staying at Riu Atlantico for 3 nights. If anybody is there at that time we would love to meet up. Somebody was asking about car hire. We have used Holiday Autos, very cheap, very easy. If you can't find the web site P.M us & we will dig out the details. From memory I think it worked out about £10.00 per day for the smallest car plus fuel.
I also read that somebody had some photos of Manzana 7, they had taken for friends. Any chance of a peek?
Enjoying the info posted & thanks Michealh.
Regards Kim
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I hope not! The UK Red Top "The People" called it the "TORTURE ZOO". The Mayor is incandescent with rage about this report and the other Press coverage.

They are now finally making some changes so I guess it may well be closed whilst they do this but I havn't been past for the last two monthes but I know he has no intention of closing it down.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Loco

Is the zoo still open ? I noticed the big green tarpaulin stuff the last couple of visits and wondered if it had been closed down.

Tricia

Last edited by Loco; Oct 15th 2005 at 10:59 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 1:39 am
Just Joined

leadman is an unknown quantity at this point

the italian is an illy franchise, food was good there, the beer was cheaper than the outback inn aswell, its a decent walk between the 2 rui hotels, the atlantico and canella, all prom and just back from the beech, the marinas a nice place in the summer but i think only the outback is open during winter time.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

We went out to Costa Esuri for two days this week to put all in place for our Rago purchase. The weather was lousy. However the rain was needed since they have no significant amount for over a year. It also keeps the dust down on the development. The bridge is still not yet open so we had to drive across the rought terrain.

Anyone reading this who is buying in Block 10 or close by please make contact. We are block 10 portal 3.

The site has moved on well since we were last there only 4 weeks ago. Lots of plants and road surfacing going in.

This is my first visit to this website and I hope that my pictures have loaded to this message.

Graham & Sandra G (Midlands area)
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-line-blocks.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-block-10-golf-course.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-block-10-portals-1-2-3.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-accross-road.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-pool-2-.jpg  

Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Morning all, way back when,someone posted details of yearly parking rates @ Faro airport. Unfortunately this was lost when CE1 was deleted, can anyone help?
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
Morning all, way back when,someone posted details of yearly parking rates @ Faro airport. Unfortunately this was lost when CE1 was deleted, can anyone help?

Parking rates are on Internet under Faro Airport

Mike and carol
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Its 691.50 Euro a year.

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
Old Oct 16th 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graham and Sandra

Yep pictures all there. Thanks for the update. Nice pictures despite the weather. Did they say when bridge would be open?

Mike & Di

Originally Posted by Graham G
We went out to Costa Esuri for two days this week to put all in place for our Rago purchase. The weather was lousy. However the rain was needed since they have no significant amount for over a year. It also keeps the dust down on the development. The bridge is still not yet open so we had to drive across the rought terrain.

Anyone reading this who is buying in Block 10 or close by please make contact. We are block 10 portal 3.

The site has moved on well since we were last there only 4 weeks ago. Lots of plants and road surfacing going in.

This is my first visit to this website and I hope that my pictures have loaded to this message.

Graham & Sandra G (Midlands area)
Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

zenbukan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the update we have bought in block 10 portal 1, and I will be out there mid november to check on progress - hopefully get a few photos.

My focus is to get my timing right to enable me to snag the apartment, but I am confident that Costa Esuri is a good place to purchase.

Good luck with your purchase!
Chris & Helen

Graham & Sandra G (Midlands area)[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.