Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Avoid the British when on holiday

Avoid the British when on holiday

Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avoid the British when on holiday

I have never seen fighting and blood soaked drunken youths where I live and that's in the North East but yes go into Newcastle in certain areas you will see it just as no doubt you will in areas of southern England Cities. What a crass up your own no doubt southern england backside comment to say in Northern cities, you may not realise it but from Lands End to Berwick we are all English. As for Spain I have seen youths in our Square trying to provoke and pick on a black youth who was not from the village. It is rare yes but happens. Drugs and alcohol affect all in different ways and are used by Spaniards as well as Brits and germans Dutch etc . If I feel either unsafe or unwelcome in an area guess what ? I don't go back there ! Doesn't happen with the Spanish eh? not in rural areas eh? oh no it does Killer of British holidaymaker jailed for just three years for manslaughter after Spain bar brawl - Mirror Online
why not just accept there are good and bad in all nationalities end of.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:21 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking story that and the sentence was equally shocking too.
The two who were given two year sentences probably won't even go to jail at all !
No justice at all really.

"Mr Mallon’s sons said when they gave evidence they were attacked by up to 40 men armed with coshes, knuckledusters, bottles and iron bars outside a disco-bar called La Estrella simply because they were British."

Usually very brave in big numbers, the Spanish.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 22nd 2015 at 1:26 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

The Brits can be bad but quickly catching up are the Russians.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cricketman;11705407][Q
The culture is like chalk and cheese. The UK is very agressive and filled with testosterone, Spain is relaxed.

So you not only make up things to justify your opinions.You are also obviously
a scientist who has studied in depth the testostrone levels of the UK compared to other countries.
Presumably with your experience would you say the north is more fuller than the south.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
The Brits can be bad but quickly catching up are the Russians.
I think you mean that the Brits have a long way to go to catch up with the Russians, who as I said earlier are in a league all of their own where thuggery is concerned.

Fortunately their numbers will be much reduced from now on mainly as a result of their leaders thuggery.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 22nd 2015 at 2:04 pm. Reason: Add on
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
You are also obviously
a scientist who has studied in depth the testostrone levels of the UK compared to other countries.
Actually I am a biochemist by training and a sociologist by profession

You want to know the real difference between my observations? You are not going to like them!

I spent the majority of my time in the UK going out in very working class cities. Working class men beat each other up after a few pints especially if there are women to fight over

In Spain I have only lived in middle class and well-to-do areas so not seen the working class in the villages doing the same as the Brits do (allegedly)

The British working class can afford to come to Spain and beat each other up and vomit all over the place. They can even afford to retire in Spain. Thanks to very generous government handouts and the policy of purchasing social housing etc with the subsequent house price increases

The Spanish working class can barely afford the price of a beer in their own village. It is the children of the Spanish middle class who fly abroad and are much better behaved. Aspirational people do not urinate and vomit all over the place and give each other BJs in bars for a free drink

Last edited by cricketman; Jul 22nd 2015 at 1:53 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Actually I am a biochemist by training and a sociologist by profession

You want to know the real difference between my observations? You are not going to like them!

I spent the majority of my time in the UK going out in very working class cities. Working class men beat each other up after a few pints especially if there are women to fight over

In Spain I have only lived in middle class and well-to-do areas so not seen the working class in the villages doing the same as the Brits do (allegedly)

The British working class can afford to come to Spain and beat each other up and vomit all over the place. They can even afford to retire in Spain. Thanks to very generous government handouts and the policy of purchasing social housing etc with the subsequent house price increases

The Spanish working class can barely afford the price of a beer in their own village. It is the children of the Spanish middle class who fly abroad and are much better behaved. Aspirational people do not urinate and vomit all over the place and give each other BJs in bars for a free drink
What a load of bollocks

Do you live in the real world?
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:08 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Grayling
What a load of bollocks

Do you live in the real world?
He lives in Oviedo, where apparently everything is just puuuuuurfect.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He lives in Oviedo, where apparently everything is just puuuuuurfect.
A 'sociologist' who seems to know very little about human social behaviour

Couldn't make some of this stuff up
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cricketman
Actually I am a biochemist by training and a sociologist by profession etc etc.

k
I wish you would keep your story straight I seem to remember you touting the fact you were a journalist last year or the year before

My apologies if my memory is wrong
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by mfh
I wish you would keep your story straight I seem to remember you touting the fact you were a journalist last year or the year before

Maybe his is as well
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really have a dog in this fight I'm just sitting here eating popcorn but...

I've got to say that I never worry when I see large groups of young guys here in Spain when I'm out and about but I'm certainly a bit more cautious when I see the same sort of thing in Newcastle or London.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by mfh
I don't really have a dog in this fight I'm just sitting here eating popcorn but...

I've got to say that I never worry when I see large groups of young guys here in Spain when I'm out and about but I'm certainly a bit more cautious when I see the same sort of thing in Newcastle or London.
Perhaps Cricketman could help you out by explaining the insdious effect of negative mass media and it's role in social conditioning
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

Your memory is wrong
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 3:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

We had not been here long and were at a fiesta, I climbed onto a step in order to see what was happening and all of a sudden a large gang of young men ended up in front of me. So I was totally trapped but I was not nervous at all, in fact one young man congratulated me on the position that I had found. Yes, they had been drinking but none of them were behaving badly.

What is very noticeable to me is that if they drink red wine it is normally watered down with lemonade or limon. If they have a little too much of any drink they just become a little louder and maybe a little sillier in their behaviour but they are not offensive. Their outlook on life is to have fun, drink maybe part of that fun but it is not paramount. It is not about getting drunk it is about having enough so that it is part of the event but does not spoil the event.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.