Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Originally Posted by lcortez
...ask any Indian if India is better off after British rule,or any African for that matter...
Or you could ask any Zimbabwean if he is better off now or when the country was called Rhodesia.

..(and no the British are not the biggest investors,the Germans are),and they DO NOT parade about about with a superior,up there own arse attitude,expecting evryone to speak English,..
You must have been far more fortunate with the Germans you have come across than I have and I would think, being German, they wouldn't expect everyone to speak English anyway! By the way, their, in this context is spelt T-H-E-I-R and everyone is spelt E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. (Just to prove that I have a superior, up my own arse, attitude!)
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Absoloute rubbish,most latin american countries were in fact wrecked by US interference,ask any Chilean
:
Los Indios will be heartened to hear that the murdering Spaniards had little or no effect on their world.

Cock!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Absoloute rubbish,most latin american countries were in fact wrecked by US interference,ask any Chilean
Also we are not talking about history were talking about now!Regarding leaving countries in 3rd world conditions,ask any Indian if India is better off after British rule,or any African for that matterWhat about the Crown Jewels,or the City of London,where did the money come from for that?
Learn your history before talking rubbish
Regarding foreign investment,people other than the British invest in Spain (and no the British are not the biggest investors,the Germans are),and they DO NOT parade about about with a superior,up there own arse attitude,expecting evryone to speak English,and adapt to them,if this is your attitude then go back to your depressing washed up little island
Actually ........ yes they do .

I do admit to taking a little offence at your generalisation about Brits, and your insult about my country.

Originally Posted by surreygirl
Absoloute rubbish,most latin american countries were in fact wrecked by US interference,ask any Chilean.
Learn your history before talking rubbish! do what!
The Spanish were the first people to colonise the Americas, where do you think the term "The Americas" come from, but I will bow to your obviously superior knowledge of history and if you read my post a second time, you will see that I have said "ex-pats" not expat British, (ex-pats ie expatriates) refers to all nationalities not just the British, you obviously need to get your dictionary out as well as your history book.

and they DO NOT parade about about with a superior,up there own arse attitude,expecting everyone to speak English,and adapt to them,if this is your attitude then go back to your depressing washed up little island

And thank you very much I will live where I want to live as for a depressing little island England is a lovely place to live but I must say I am very gratefully that you obviously don´t live there.

I think you need to put your thinking cap on before you open your mouth, judging from you spelling you obviously can´t even speak English, so I doubt if you speak any Spanish.
Errrrr ..... I think you'll find Icortez is Spanish

Last edited by jdr; Feb 24th 2008 at 8:18 am. Reason: sorting quotes.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
Absoloute rubbish,most latin american countries were in fact wrecked by US interference,ask any Chilean.

Learn your history before talking rubbish! do what!

The Spanish were the first people to colonise the Americas, where do you think the term "The Americas" come from, but I will bow to your obviously superior knowledge of history and if you read my post a second time, you will see that I have said "ex-pats" not expat British, (ex-pats ie expatriates) refers to all nationalities not just the British, you obviously need to get your dictionary out as well as your history book.

and they DO NOT parade about about with a superior,up there own arse attitude,expecting everyone to speak English,and adapt to them,if this is your attitude then go back to your depressing washed up little island

And thank you very much I will live where I want to live as for a depressing little island England is a lovely place to live but I must say I am very gratefully that you obviously don´t live there.

I think you need to put your thinking cap on before you open your mouth, judging from you spelling you obviously can´t even speak English, so I doubt if you speak any Spanish.

Shot yourself in the foot there.

Rosemary

Last edited by jdr; Feb 24th 2008 at 8:19 am. Reason: sorting quote tags
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This was a reply from lcortez in another thread (I have added the bold highlighting):

It essentially means waht you said,however it does look like an incomplete sentence
As close as I can get it (with admittadly non fluent Spanish),it means,"the bank will understand that the liquidation is in line with,in 2 mths time if theres no receipts"
A native Spaniard may speak uneducated Spanish but I doubt that it could be described as 'non-fluent' unless he had lived all of his life in another country and had never been taught his native language.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

i can notice a little antagonism towards Spaniards
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
i can notice a little antagonism towards Spaniards
Not at all, but something just doesn't add up with some posters.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:48 am
Banned

fedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nice

Originally Posted by coultrm
This is bound to happen in any community, the Spanish have been more than accommodating realising that the tourist industry is so profitable, tourist not content for coming for just for a couple of weeks are now overhere permantly.
There are countless communities all over the coastal regions that have changed beyond recognation in a genaration and are now populated by Brits in particular where Spanish is hardly spoken although having lived there for many years.
Just read the UK tabloids who are obsessed with writing of Asian (Paki) and Polish ghettos which irritate them so much, their lack of intergration and spoken English. Do the Brits not realise that they too can be accused of the same disinclination to intergrate as well and taking their lifestyle, booze culture to regions that are conservative and they a deep rooted culture. They are not now fighting back to reclaim their country and culture, and about time too.
They too are experiencing all the same problems as in the UK where inflated house prices our driving out established communities particularly the young by holiday home owners and fat-cat pensioners.
Regrettably the British have this superiority complex whereby where ever they decide to live everyone should welcome they with open arms and will, of course, love having them !!
Rather than driving people out a lot of Spanish are coming to the Costas for work as theres loads of money available compared to rest of Spain.
As regards pricing them out of property thats not true most Brits wouldnt live where the Spanish live, which is generally in the town and city centres, the Brits and other nationals tend to live outside these areas, and there is no shortage accommodation for anyone, quite the opposite, the Spanish havent been slow to build anywhere and everywhere to make some money out of us foreigners.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fedupwithbritain
As regards pricing them out of property thats not true most Brits wouldn't live where the Spanish live, which is generally in the town and city centres, the Brits and other nationals tend to live outside these areas,
Maybe that's part of the problem. They want to come to Spain but don't really want to live where the Spanish live. Those who want to move to "unspoiled" and "undeveloped" areas end up causing those areas to become over developed and spoiled. What's more, they run more risk of losing their homes because of illegal development.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Los Indios will be heartened to hear that the murdering Spaniards had little or no effect on their world.

Cock!
Never claimed we had NO affect on their world,but he fact remains tha tmost LatAm countries today are middle income countries,not lower income countries,also virtually every Latin American Ive met today blames the Americans for the problems in that region today,starting with,but not finishing with the Monroe Doctrine.
Also I was making the point that we are discussing TODAY,not history.
Further to that I dont think the british are in any position to lecture anyone on colonial excesses.

Absoloute rubbish!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not at all, but something just doesn't add up with some posters.
Well regarding adding up,there is none to be done here,have never claimed to have lived in Spain my entire life,have in fact on several occasions,stated quite clearly,THAT I WAS BORN IN CAMBERWELL,AND LIVED IN LONDON MY EMTIRE LIFE,AND AM PLANNING TO RELOCATE BACK TO SPAIN LATER THIS YEAR.
How many times does the same thing have to repeated?
And yes there is a lot of anti Spanish sentiment on this forum.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This was a reply from lcortez in another thread (I have added the bold highlighting):

A native Spaniard may speak uneducated Spanish but I doubt that it could be described as 'non-fluent' unless he had lived all of his life in another country and had never been taught his native language.
Well done youve managed to work out something,that Ive repeatedly stated time after time,didnt you manage to find any of these with allyour research?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:05 am
Banned

fedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nice

Originally Posted by rachelk
Maybe that's part of the problem. They want to come to Spain but don't really want to live where the Spanish live. Those who want to move to "unspoiled" and "undeveloped" areas end up causing those areas to become over developed and spoiled. What's more, they run more risk of losing their homes because of illegal development.
If you saw where many of them live you wouldnt want to live there either, they generally live in tenament blocks in Madrid very noisy and crowded and in the town centre in non city areas.
My grandsons go to a Spanish school and integrate well and are very popular pupils.
Ive not experienced any racism or preduce except when it comes to giving a price for a job to be done, usually twice the price.

you take the money you cant complain.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fedupwithbritain
If you saw where many of them live you wouldnt want to live there either, they generally live in tenament blocks in Madrid very noisy and crowded and in the town centre in non city areas.
I live in a tenement block in a busy part of the centre of town. I love it.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:09 am
Straw Man.

Further to that I dont think the british are in any position to lecture anyone on colonial excesses.

Absoloute rubbish!
The mould has already been set by subjugating a native population through fear and murder and forcing a religion on its people.

History is today, its effects are felt long after the "heros" are dead and buried.

Where in India (already held up as an example) did we do that?

The Spanish has an enormous Empire, yeah, not as huge as the British one but huge all the same, but the damage done by that Empire can never be hidden from, it introduced a class system to areas without one, made the people kill for an almost obscure mineral and caused a continent to be raped of almost all its assets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.