Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BANK STATEMENT ( TRANSLATION PLEASE 0

BANK STATEMENT ( TRANSLATION PLEASE 0

Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Red face BANK STATEMENT ( TRANSLATION PLEASE 0

We opened a bank account last year which we no longer need and have not put any money in since. Have been going to go in and cancel a few times but either been a big queue or they have been shut. Anyway have today recieved a statement which says on the bottom..... [B]el banco entendera que esta liquidation es conforme, si en un plazo de 2 messes no ha recibido [/B]observacion alguna..... Now I'm thinking that it says.. that if no more money is put in in the next 2 months that the account will be closed or words to that effect. Can anyone tell me if thats about right? and if so do we not have to do anything will it just cease to exist?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BANK STATEMENT ( TRANSLATION PLEASE 0

Originally Posted by jeanc
We opened a bank account last year which we no longer need and have not put any money in since. Have been going to go in and cancel a few times but either been a big queue or they have been shut. Anyway have today recieved a statement which says on the bottom..... [B]el banco entendera que esta liquidation es conforme, si en un plazo de 2 messes no ha recibido [/B]observacion alguna..... Now I'm thinking that it says.. that if no more money is put in in the next 2 months that the account will be closed or words to that effect. Can anyone tell me if thats about right? and if so do we not have to do anything will it just cease to exist?
well thats how I would understand it, can you not phone or email them ?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by spain
well thats how I would understand it, can you not phone or email them ?
To be honest with you when we opened the account the man was a bit dizzy, He was sooooo busy and on his own, don,t think he knew what day it was. If everyone thinks it says the same then I will leave it cos don't need it anyway, opened another with a different bank
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone else know if this is right? 69 views and no-one able to help?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Does anyone else know if this is right? 69 views and no-one able to help?
Apparently not

For what it is worth that's what I think it says, why not type it into a free translation service and see what it comes up with.................
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Apparently not

For what it is worth that's what I think it says, why not type it into a free translation service and see what it comes up with.................
I just copied it into google translate, absolute bobbins!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:09 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath

Good translation
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Only knew that expression from a recent visit somewhere - and it wasn't Milton Keynes!

Translation required?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:16 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

It usually works for me
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

JeanC, that means "(the bank) will understand that you agree with the liquidation if (you) don't make any query in two months"

Liquidation means cancellation, but has other meaning, liquidar intereses mean paying in your account interest accrued (or charging it).

Can you give more info about the statement? Have you got any money in the balance? Because if you have, the bank is not allowed to unilaterally cancel your account without your authorisation, and paying you the money.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:15 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

el banco entendera que esta liquidation es conforme, si en un plazo de 2 messes no ha recibido
The sentence does not mean a lot have you missed the ending off?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Olmos
JeanC, that means "(the bank) will understand that you agree with the liquidation if (you) don't make any query in two months"

Liquidation means cancellation, but has other meaning, liquidar intereses mean paying in your account interest accrued (or charging it).

Can you give more info about the statement? Have you got any money in the balance? Because if you have, the bank is not allowed to unilaterally cancel your account without your authorisation, and paying you the money.
No money left. put 40 euros in when we opened it and every few months just get a statement with interest charges ect now its's all gone Don't want the account anyway so if that's the end of it Im not bothered..
It also says, at the side; mayor saldo descubierto al - en funcion del saldo medio acreedor..
Got ourselves a spanish tutor coming next month so hopefully I should get better at this over time!

Last edited by jeanc; Feb 19th 2008 at 6:48 pm. Reason: changed some figures
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
The sentence does not mean a lot have you missed the ending off?
No, that's all it says.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:02 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

No, that's all it says.
We are at a lost then. but it seems you are getting a consensuses of opinion here.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

It essentially means waht you said,however it does look like an incomplete sentence
As close as I can get it (with admittadly non fluent Spanish),it means,"the bank will understand that the liquidation is in line with,in 2 mths time if theres no receipts"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.