Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: Attack Victim Tells Of Spanish Nightmare

Originally Posted by coultrm
This is bound to happen in any community, the Spanish have been more than accommodating realising that the tourist industry is so profitable, tourist not content for coming for just for a couple of weeks are now overhere permantly.
There are countless communities all over the coastal regions that have changed beyond recognation in a genaration and are now populated by Brits in particular where Spanish is hardly spoken although having lived there for many years.
Just read the UK tabloids who are obsessed with writing of Asian (Paki) and Polish ghettos which irritate them so much, their lack of intergration and spoken English. Do the Brits not realise that they too can be accused of the same disinclination to intergrate as well and taking their lifestyle, booze culture to regions that are conservative and they a deep rooted culture. They are not now fighting back to reclaim their country and culture, and about time too.
They too are experiencing all the same problems as in the UK where inflated house prices our driving out established communities particularly the young by holiday home owners and fat-cat pensioners.
Regrettably the British have this superiority complex whereby where ever they decide to live everyone should welcome they with open arms and will, of course, love having them !!
The polish ect are not pushing our house prices up because they are not buying properties but renting!! However, as a brit still living in England I think you will find that most of us are not objecting to the influx of other nationalities, it's the fact that our government are taking away our life styles and traditions so as not to upset the other nationalities!! and that is what we are objecting and moaning about.. Can't see that happening in Spain and I would not want it too either
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Why did she wait for 2 years to tell the story, and only then came forward after reading about the house that was to be demolished. Surely, given what was written it should have been told immediately, assuming it is totally true, and hasn't been exaggerated. There may have been an incident, but I douby it was quite as reported.
Yes. They has waited two years to say this...It seems that they has been thinking it. Also, I have not seen it in the Spanish media (mainly television), sew it misses, because they usually inform very soon of these things. This is strange. It is necessary to warning to Sherlock Holmes
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Maybe CowboyBuilder can shed some light on poss provocation etc,as he seems to know the "victims"

Personally believe there must have been something to set things of 40 people do not come together to attack someone with out pre -meditation,therefore their must have been something to think about
Either that or the whole things made up!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coultrm
There are countless communities all over the coastal regions that have changed beyond recognation in a genaration and are now populated by Brits in particular where Spanish is hardly spoken although having lived there for many years.
You missed the bit where the corrupt (Spanish) Mayor and their corrupt (Spanish) political counterparts allowed the corrupt (Spanish) builders to completely decimate certain parts of the country in the first place. Massive over development, local services and utilities completely swamped, irreversible damage to everything from the environment to the culture, all given the green light by (Spanish) elected officials.

See - some of us DO care about what goes on here in Spain.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:39 pm
MONA LISA

coultrm will become famous soon enough

Yes I totally agree the corrupt Mayors and Spanish bureaucrats are all complicit in the overbuilding projects to make a quick buck thereby attracting northern Europeans, but non of these groups as overt in the overexposure of their culture and lifestyle as the British in an attempt of subjugate the indigenous population in the areas where they make up a sizeable population.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:29 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Corruption...Yes
Anti-Brit feeling....Yes
I still thinkthere is more to this story, there is no background some 40 people do not just "gang-up" for nothing. Although there is a lot of resentment by the spanish they are essentialy a polite race, I have heard comments, nothing more. Seems a story without a beginning and detail.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There was supposed to be a programme on ITV, at 9pm here in Spain, about expats in Spain being targetted by criminals etc. but it was pulled late, after some listings had been printed, and repalced by something about football.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have a funny feeling about this thread!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have a funny feeling about this thread!
Ahem yes - next we'll be back onto the subject of gassing before you know it!

Anyway, where the hell have you been?? We sent out a search party, don't you know...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
Ahem yes - next we'll be back onto the subject of gassing before you know it!

Anyway, where the hell have you been?? We sent out a search party, don't you know...
Been slaughtering
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Been slaughtering
Sorry I asked
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:42 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by twyntub
Sorry I asked
I have some pics somewhere...................
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeanc
The polish ect are not pushing our house prices up because they are not buying properties but renting!! However, as a brit still living in England I think you will find that most of us are not objecting to the influx of other nationalities, it's the fact that our government are taking away our life styles and traditions so as not to upset the other nationalities!! and that is what we are objecting and moaning about.. Can't see that happening in Spain and I would not want it too either
Couldn't agree more!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Would say I have to agree as well,its generally the second homeowners and buy to let speculaters who are pushing up prices.
With regard to the elimanation of British customs,would agree as well,have always got on well with the English,they have never once commented on my Spanish heritage,but I have to say that in secret I do feel sorry for my English friends when they have to think twice before everything they say or do,Christmass lights cant be put up,their is the possibility of the national anthem being changed,the flag being changed.
Yet with all this they still welcome a lot of immigrants into what is an already crowded country
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
There was supposed to be a programme on ITV, at 9pm here in Spain, about expats in Spain being targetted by criminals etc. but it was pulled late, after some listings had been printed, and repalced by something about football.
This programme is now currently scheduled for next Monday (the 25th) at 9pm Spanish time but whether it will be pulled again is anyone's guess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.