Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Arrested in spain! help please!

Arrested in spain! help please!

Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arrested in spain! help please!

Originally Posted by jdr
They swipe the passports and can pull you for any outstanding fine etc if your name/PP number is on the list.
The boxer got pulled at Malaga for missing a court appearance a little while ago and is now in nick.
very true ,A colleague at works' OH was nicked three weeks ago on way back from Menorca at Luton airport for same thing even though it was a clerical error and was dragged off to nick
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:00 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Customs swipe them through their machine and any naughties show on their screen, they did it at Gib also last time I went through.
Do you mean Gib airport or the road crossing?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:12 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Do you mean Gib airport or the road crossing?
Coming out, at the road crossing, we were sent to the little office in the square to the left of the Guardia.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:07 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's unusual. I have been through loads of times and they have never even looked at the passports - we just waved them at them.

Was it just you or were they doing that for everyone?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

It happened to us going out of Gib. last year (passport swiped in the office)
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

It happened to us going out of Gib. last year (passport swiped in the office) I think they were only sending the vehicles they chose to pull out of the queue and search. Nothing like the 2.5 hours hassle we had driving into the UK last month. You begin to worry you're going to be planted.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That's unusual. I have been through loads of times and they have never even looked at the passports - we just waved them at them.

I was riding shotgun to the Bank in Gib with a load of cash with a guy that runs a Property Rental business, but this was on the way out. ;-))
They just seemed to be random pulls though.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:06 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine its just jdr with him being a bit dodgy like
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
I would imagine its just jdr with him being a bit dodgy like
Nothing dodgy about me, as long as I am smiling at you. ;-))
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:35 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Nothing dodgy about me, as long as I am smiling at you. ;-))
I think youve been out in the sun too long
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moomin13
Hi all, so sorry for the lack of replies- what a bad time we've had - hence no pc, dosh woooo don't bear thinking about! Anyways, found out what it was for, a driving under the influence Warrent for arrest from 2002! He went to court the next day and was given a bank account number to pay at a Banco prior to leaving the country. Think it was for 630euro. He only had his credit card to pay- but the bank refused to accept this. I tried in vain at this end to pay through a bank transfer-which was incredibly difficult as they needed a swift number etc which he wasn't given!! I found on the web an exact address etc enough to get it sent through which enabled him to be able to catch his return flight back home!!!What a polava!! BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!!A few days later my bank sent me a letter to say it hadn't been paid due to lack of info!!! OMG still not paid!! Tried and tried to find out but unable to read Spanish!? So, sent the money via transfer to his brothers account in Spain to pay.....ahh....done......NO!!!!!!!!!!Recently found out the brother was behind on rent and used it to pay for it!!!!SO ITS STILL NOT PAID!!!!
IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY WE CAN PAY THIS DAMN FINE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!SHOULD I WRITE TO THE ADDRESS WE HAVE AND ASK????EXPLAIN????HOW FOOLISH DO WE FEEL??? ANY POSSIBLE HELP PLEASE????????????
How do say "trailer trash" in Britain?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrStarsky
How do say "trailer trash" in Britain?
Its taken you two and a half years to come up with that
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its taken you two and a half years to come up with that
It took me three seconds upon reading the post, couldn't resist answering.

Wait, I remember your nick! I can hardly believe it's been that long. I've been quite busy with work and all, but I see you've been here all along.
I might peek again in the forum every few months or so, enjoy!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrStarsky
It took me three seconds upon reading the post, couldn't resist answering.

Wait, I remember your nick! I can hardly believe it's been that long. I've been quite busy with work and all, but I see you've been here all along.
I might peek again in the forum every few months or so, enjoy!
Well don't be a stranger now!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cricketman
rugbymat, if you have the figures to show that drink driving isnt dangerous then please use them.

This link shows 3,000 people are killed or seriously injured each year in the UK through drink driving. That is 3,000 too many

http://www.drinkdrivingfacts.com/dri...ing_facts.aspx

Taking that risk is irresponsible and the drink driver should be punished
Lets not forget the people who complain about smokers - do you know how many millions are taxed on a pack of cigarettes which subs the Health Service ?
If, if smoking stopped today most Services and or Governments would seriously buckle under the lack of revenue gone.

Ahem...
DSB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.