Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Arrested in spain! help please!

Arrested in spain! help please!

Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrested in spain! help please!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Whilst I agree that it does appear that the guy has crossed the line at some stage,the available facts are very sketchy and who knows how accurate.
I think its a bit early to have the guy hung drawn and quartered on the basis of what is shown.
Maybe things are worse than appears,maybe not.
Ive heard all the stuff about ppl leaving their brains behind in the UK and often its fair comment, but at times like this a bit compassion doesnt come amiss, even if just for his wife,....... at least until the affair is sorted.
If you read the thread, He was arrested and fined for driving under the influence, then left the country without paying the fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So sorry, no, I have no compassion whatsoever!

Last edited by valenciatim; Jul 13th 2009 at 9:34 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:55 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the guy deserves to pay the price for whatever he did and things have or will take their due course.
However who knows,he may have moved on and learnt his lesson since then, so it may be wrong to write him off as an idiot on the strength of one stupid mistake.
As I said he who be without sin..............................
In any event it doesnt really help his Mrs much either at a time like this.
Hopefully lessons have been learnt without the need to rub noses in it years later.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Guy went to bank...bank wouldn't accept credit card. Last time I looked, every bank has a cash point. All rather lame. But not as lame as drink-driving.

And, Dick Dasterdly, there are NO "stupid mistakes" when it come to driving under the influence. It is not a "sin", it is a crime. It was a choice, with the idea behind, of; "what are the chances of me being stopped"? Along with the "what are the chances of me hitting someone?".

The guy broke the law, ran away, and then let it ride for 6 years. Having witnessed death first hand caused by "a little tipple for the road", excuse my total lack of sympathy.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

While I totally agree with all the comments regarding drink driving I also know its very unfair to sit in judgement on something someone did. As someone else said, "without sin" and all that and I have sat in enough pubs over the years and watched some of the most sanctimonious people have "drink or two" and drive their families home after a Sunday lunch session.

I do think that if the OP did an intentional skip and tried to hide the whole thing and get off with it then its about time to face the music and do the right thing, responsibility is something we all have to face up to!

What I don't agree with is the whole "you could kill someone" attitude.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

What I don't agree with is the whole "you could kill someone" attitude.
Then lets just hope that it never affects you.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:33 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

well if it had happened in the UK he would have been fined and banned from driving by now!

Jo xxx
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Then lets just hope that it never affects you.
Do you know how many deaths result from drink driving compared to say secondary smoking?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:35 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know how many deaths result from drink driving compared to say secondary smoking?
dont you start "that one" again Matt

Jo xxx
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Funnily enough, yes I do. However smoking is not yet a criminal offence. And a non smoker can usually get out of the way of smoke.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:41 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
dont you start "that one" again Matt

Jo xxx
He he....

I was more suggesting that the amount of money spent on catching drink drivers because of the fear of someone getting killed is disproportionate to the amount of money spent on dealing with real deaths. The traffic division is massive now, and like someone said they can find you if you go a week over your tax disc, know when you don't have an MOT or insurance now, spend upwards of £20,000 for those little cameras that are now springing up all over towns and cities manned 24 hours a day, but they can't even keep tabs on a pedophile who is registered yet gets a job in a school!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:42 am
Straw Man.

Funnily enough, yes I do. However smoking is not yet a criminal offence. And a non smoker can usually get out of the way of smoke.
I know its an emotive issue but it needs to be discussed without emotion, otherwise it just gets clouded.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

For fear that we are digressing from the OP original question but to add to this line of the thread.

As a non smoker from a smoking family, I choose to visit them and I take the risk of any injury, as a driver I choose not to drink, I love my licence to much and I accept that when I am driving I am in something that can potential kill and it is the right of anyone else using the road or path to be able to use it safely.

There are enough idiots on our roads, enough arrogant people who "do not think it will happen to them" and enough victims, I have No problem people drinking and even less with driving just do not agree with doing both together.

And as the original OP's thread is about her OH being arrested because of drink/driving it also shows that you do not need to kill someone to have a victim, just the worry, stress and now inconvenience of (NOT) being able to visit Spain is a clear indication that she is a victim and as such deserves not to be victimised against.

Last edited by jay01; Jul 14th 2009 at 11:12 am. Reason: ooppsss mistake
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jay01
For fear that we are digressing from the OP original question but to add to this line of the thread.

As a non smoker from a smoking family, I choose to visit them and I take the risk of any injury, as a driver I choose not to drink, I love my licence to much and I accept that when I am driving I am in something that can potential kill and it is the right of anyone else using the road or path to be able to use it safely.

There are enough idiots on our roads, enough arrogant people who "do not think it will happen to them" and enough victims, I have No problem people drinking and even less with driving just do not agree with doing both together.

And as the original OP's thread is about her OH being arrested because of drink/driving it also shows that you do not need to kill someone to have a victim, just the worry, stress and now inconvenience of being able to visit Spain is a clear indication that she is a victim and as such deserves not to be victimised against.
....... and nicely back on topic!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:58 am
Banned

....... and nicely back on topic!
phew!!!

Jo xx
Old Jul 14th 2009, 11:01 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jay01

Wow, are you sat next to Tim?!

(thats a joke by the way, I feel I need to start explaining this to people!)

I know all that, but I did say.... "compared to say secondary smoking"

I could have chosen any number of things to compare it with, including speeding, which kills a substantial number of people, and, is a criminal offense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.