Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Old Jan 24th 2019, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Originally Posted by guesswork
My lawyer said this will be sufficient
Not in most areas it wont
Old Jan 24th 2019, 4:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it won’t be accepted because as soon as you become a resident it is invalid.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need an appointment if you are an EU CITIZEN. Just go through the guard and scanner then present at the first desk on the left someone will come to you. All others are non EU they have a different system and must use a Cita Previa. Is your EHIC issued in U.K. or Spain. I don’t think they would accept the Spanish one.

You should ask them for the “Residencia Permanente” you have been here more than the five years required and your earlier padrons will demonstrate that so take your earliest one as well. You also need your passport and a photo. Not required but they do ask for it. If you are going with Gloria I doubt they will ask for any of it but you never know. Do remember to take photocopies of everything they will take them and keep them.

Last tip when they tear out the small plasticised card do check that they have got your date of birth correct, over 10 years and 4 NIE applications they have not once got ours correct so we go yet again next Wednesday with Marina this time to correct them
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John. I’m not going with Gloria but the lawyer has the papers she needs according to her
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John. I’m not going with Gloria but the lawyer has the papers she needs according to her
she will know everybody so you should be OK.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 10:07 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need an NIE first. When you submit EX18, if you don't already have an NIE then one will be assigned at that time.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

pickle04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, could I ask if it all went through okay and was there any issues. Thanks.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 12:24 am
Just Joined

FLo7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pickle04
Hi, could I ask if it all went through okay and was there any issues. Thanks.
+1 also would like to know how this (or any other appointments went)
Old Jul 14th 2019, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Princess is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the process of doing Residencia.in Huelva

You will need a current Certificate of Empadriamento
An NIE
An address either owned or rental contract
Your EHIC Card with more than 1 year Validity
A Bank Stamped Certificate of your balance with more than €5000 showing

I am going to the office in Huelva tomorrow with the Lawyer We do not have an appointment
How come you haven't had to book an appointment? I have been told I have to use the new computer system to get one.