Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Old Jan 24th 2019, 11:51 am
Just Joined

PICSOU is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Hello, I live in London and I'm looking to move to Spain in Feb.
I am in the process of choosing a law firm to assist me.
The lawyers have highlighted that in some areas in Spain it can be difficult and can take a very long to book the necessary appointments for the official matters.
Does anyone know if any areas are easier/faster to book appointments in?
Also, do you know how long the wait is?
I am looking to move to the Alicante region or another coastal area on that side.
Any insights and recommendations would be so appreciated
Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:48 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

I would suggest that is complete rubbish and in any event you need not worry if there is a delay.

If and when you move to Spain there is no rush to apply for residency.
If you want to rent or buy you will need an NIE and any decent EA will arrange that for you very quickly.
If you want to buy a car you are not obliged to sign on the Padron. I did that at my Ayuntamiento in an hour.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is a rush if you are worried about Brexit and possible no deal, I would think?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

As I posted on another thread I heard from a reliable source that in Alicante there is a huge demand for residencia and so getting an appointment might be difficult.

Yes, I think it best to do ASAP as there will be Brexit cutoff dates.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply but I am in rush as no one really knows what will happen after the Brexit date
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
I would suggest that is complete rubbish and in any event you need not worry if there is a delay.

If and when you move to Spain there is no rush to apply for residency.
If you want to rent or buy you will need an NIE and any decent EA will arrange that for you very quickly.
If you want to buy a car you are not obliged to sign on the Padron. I did that at my Ayuntamiento in an hour.
Thank you!
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spainrico
As I posted on another thread I heard from a reliable source that in Alicante there is a huge demand for residencia and so getting an appointment might be difficult.

Yes, I think it best to do ASAP as there will be Brexit cutoff dates.
That's the area I was looking to move to
Thanks a lot for sharing good to know
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Well you need to apply at an office in the area you wish to reside so you will need to have an address in that community. Alicante city office might be easier than the likes of Elche or Torrevieja who are pretty full up last I looked
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PICSOU
Hello, I live in London and I'm looking to move to Spain in Feb.
I am in the process of choosing a law firm to assist me.
The lawyers have highlighted that in some areas in Spain it can be difficult and can take a very long to book the necessary appointments for the official matters.
Does anyone know if any areas are easier/faster to book appointments in?
Also, do you know how long the wait is?
I am looking to move to the Alicante region or another coastal area on that side.
Any insights and recommendations would be so appreciated
I am in the process of doing Residencia.in Huelva

You will need a current Certificate of Empadriamento
An NIE
An address either owned or rental contract
Your EHIC Card with more than 1 year Validity
A Bank Stamped Certificate of your balance with more than €5000 showing

I am going to the office in Huelva tomorrow with the Lawyer We do not have an appointment
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Applying for Residency - best area for appoint in Spain

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith
Well you need to apply at an office in the area you wish to reside so you will need to have an address in that community. Alicante city office might be easier than the likes of Elche or Torrevieja who are pretty full up last I looked
Thank you that's so helpful
Old Jan 24th 2019, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by guesswork
I am in the process of doing Residencia.in Huelva

You will need a current Certificate of Empadriamento
An NIE
An address either owned or rental contract
Your EHIC Card with more than 1 year Validity
A Bank Stamped Certificate of your balance with more than €5000 showing

I am going to the office in Huelva tomorrow with the Lawyer We do not have an appointment
Thanks for sharing all this info, I just checked Huelva it looks so beautiful!
I have a couple of questions if it's ok, are there any conditions on the length of the rent contract, like 6 months minimum?
And does the bank certificate include 3 months statements or just a total balance?
Good luck for tomorrow! Hopefully a successful one sending you positive vibes!
Thanks for your reply
Old Jan 24th 2019, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PICSOU
Thanks for sharing all this info, I just checked Huelva it looks so beautiful!
I have a couple of questions if it's ok, are there any conditions on the length of the rent contract, like 6 months minimum?
And does the bank certificate include 3 months statements or just a total balance?
Good luck for tomorrow! Hopefully a successful one sending you positive vibes!
Thanks for your reply
I do not know about the rental contract but the Bank statement is just the current one
Old Jan 24th 2019, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by guesswork
I do not know about the rental contract but the Bank statement is just the current one
That's so good to know thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 24th 2019, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Is the EHIC card valid health insurance? Isn't it just for persons visiting a European country?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith
Is the EHIC card valid health insurance? Isn't it just for persons visiting a European country?
My lawyer said this will be sufficient

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.