Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any last minute tips?

Any last minute tips?

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

tulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to all
Default Any last minute tips?

Hi All

Well, this time next week, I'll be touching down in Malaga to begin my new life in Spain.

I think I've thought of the most important things: somewhere to stay initially, wheels to explore etc. And have a large 'To do' list for this week, which includes defrosting the fridge freezer and hair cuts for me and the kids.

Can anyone advise of anything they wish they'd thought of before setting off?

Any advice greatly received.
Thank you.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:56 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any last minute tips?

Don't forget some decent teabags and headache pills just in case the stress gets to you before you find out where your local pharmacy is!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

tulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zel
Don't forget some decent teabags and headache pills just in case the stress gets to you before you find out where your local pharmacy is!
Very good advice I'm sure - thanks x
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Remember not to leave your brain behind on the plane, do not rush into anything, and be very, very careful of who you trust. If you are in anyway unsure of anything, find a way of getting on here and asking our opinions, as we have nothing to gain whatsoever, and a lot of us have "been there and got the tee shirt"!
Best of luck!
Tim
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Remember not to leave your brain behind on the plane, do not rush into anything, and be very, very careful of who you trust. If you are in anyway unsure of anything, find a way of getting on here and asking our opinions, as we have nothing to gain whatsoever, and a lot of us have "been there and got the tee shirt"!
Best of luck!
Tim
Thank you, that is such good advice.

I am aware that as a single mum, I may be seen as a soft target to many and only hope I will not be ripped off.

I do believe that I have my head 'screwed on', but then don't we all?

It's unlikely that I will be online initially, but if in doubt, I will find a way of contacting you lot as you have all been great - as well as entertaining! X
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tulip1303
Thank you, that is such good advice.

I am aware that as a single mum, I may be seen as a soft target to many and only hope I will not be ripped off.

I do believe that I have my head 'screwed on', but then don't we all?

It's unlikely that I will be online initially, but if in doubt, I will find a way of contacting you lot as you have all been great - as well as entertaining! X
Everyone is seen as a soft target!
Am sending you a PM!
Tim
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is seen as a soft target!
Am sending you a PM!
Tim
You're not asking her for money are you
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No, it was far more exciting than that!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it was far more exciting than that!
I'm intrigued
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:37 pm
zel

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
He has a great pyramid scheme that everyone is a winner who joins!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zel
He has a great pyramid scheme that everyone is a winner who joins!
Not sure it was pyramid shaped!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sure it was pyramid shaped!
OI! You will get me in a row!
Tim
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

OI! You will get me in a row!
Tim
Sorry!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry!
NP
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
zel

Sorry!
Don't forget to take your furry handcuffs too! Probably come in useful if only to control Tim's advances!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.