Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by agoreira
And some Brits! The thought of having a dog in the house, on the furniture etc makes me uncomfortable, the thought of dogs sharing beds revolts me. There are many pet owners with perfectly good personal hygiene, but their sense of hygiene goes completely out the window when it comes to pets. Bloody cats wandering around kitchen work surfaces, uuugh!
Our cat is like a child to me.

Yes,she sleeps on the chair and she sleeps on the bed.

So what.

OH refuses to let her under the covers but if I had my way shed be right under the covers.

And I dont consider myself disgusting.

Animals are often better friends than you could ever find in a human and cleaner.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
If I paid attention to your comment (full of weed, as always) and I generalized, and I saying that all the British are terrible and dangerous hooligans of the soccer, I believe that it would not be very fair. I tell you this, because I adore my dogs, and I don't like the bullfighting (like I believe that to more than the 90 % of the population in Spain). Atrocities, are made every day...Germans killed to millions of people in the II world war, and today nobody of the Germans, and there are not reasons for this, they don't have the blame; the Canadians kill cubs of seals; in France torture the geese with the food; Japaneses are eliminating all the cetaceans of the globe...

Then, when you speak of Spain you don't generalize, because here nor everybody is so terrible, nor the rest of the world is Walt Disney, ok? I would be unable to nail a bull a banderilla, but yes to you in your head. I don't have any doubt

Asshole!
I actually agree with Relampago here

For some reason British people and the British media have no problem making sweeping statements about Spanairds

e.g. look at the articles on Spain and racism on sport, they are full of patronising British journos saying how "backward" Spanish people are. There was a stupid article in the BBC yesterday saying that Spanish are racist because they have had so few Spanish black footballers over the years. If he had even half a brain cell, he would realise there are very few Spanish black people, full stop!

Maybe it would help if BBC journos in Spain actually spoke Spanish so they could ask Spanish people about these things. I remember the Madrid correspondant struggling to say 3 Spanish words in one of her broadcasts.

It seems the point of these journos/opinions is to pretend Britain is somehow more civilised or something, but it all comes from Britain be so insecure of itself about such matters.

As Relampago says, if British people really are so xenophobic why dont they call all Germans "Jew-killers"?

It's bizarre and the worst thing is the Spanish media really dont care what the British people think, when these opinions about Spain get into the media, the response it just "look how stupid British people are, they dont know anything about Spain"
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Thats will be the same RSCPA that released false pictures about "savaged" foxes to try and win the liberal lovies vote then got told by the Advertising ombudsman to pull the advert? Nah thats OK, I would rather believe an independent organisation, not a biased one.
Yeah, don't blame you ... how about you call the Welsh Assembly or any animal rescue (RSPCA ones included). It doesn't take much investigating. And while you're at it, find out why the BBC dropped it's backing of Crufts ... oh yes, that's right, it was because they were just too nice to their animals!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say, I think its great that, in just a few posts this has turned into a "them and us" thread, not one bit of my original post did I suggest that the Spaniards are savage or barbaric, but because some wanted to believe they were, and others wanted to have a go at me you all read into it what you wanted... brilliant people, absolutely brilliant!

I love being ill, it means I can actually spend some time on here!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

In Barcelona I couldnt believe how happy all the dogs looked while being walkied around the city. In the UK I was scared of dogs as they looked so mean, unhappy and ferocious and I got bit a few times when I was a kid playing football.
Even by your biased, one eyed opinions, that's some statement. I think I have heard it all now, all Barcelona dogs look as if they have been on happy pills, and British dogs have all been on the grumpy pills! You couldn't make it up!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Even by your biased, one eyed opinions, that's some statement. I think I have heard it all now, all Barcelona dogs look as if they have been on happy pills, and British dogs have all been on the grumpy pills! You couldn't make it up!
All eyes are biased, we are not robots!

But I didnt say what you imply. It was just something I noticed, that the dogs looked happy and friendly.

The children too were all over Barcelona having a good time with their parents. Something I didnt see at all in my time in London, but maybe its a weather thing...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:12 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Can I just say, I think its great that, in just a few posts this has turned into a "them and us" thread, not one bit of my original post did I suggest that the Spaniards are savage or barbaric, but because some wanted to believe they were, and others wanted to have a go at me you all read into it what you wanted... brilliant people, absolutely brilliant!

I think it's the deliberate use of the inflammatory titling of your thread that did it. I deplore animal cruelty in whichever country, and that includes bull fighting.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think it was the way you phrased your question i.e.

"What is your take on the Spanish and their barbaric ways with animals?"

This assumes Spanish people are barbaric and wrong. If you would have said...

"What is your opinion, do you think the Spanish are barbaric with animals?", then maybe the discussion would have gone down a different track
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
I think it's the deliberate use of the inflammatory titling of your thread that did it. I deplore animal cruelty in whichever country, and that includes bull fighting.
Did you only read the title? I would have thought the tone of the first post would have set the thread up nicely
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:16 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Did you only read the title? I would have thought the tone of the first post would have set the thread up nicely
Too much cough medicine
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
All eyes are biased, we are not robots!

But I didnt say what you imply.
You said, In Barcelona I couldnt believe how happy all the dogs looked
and then In the UK I was scared of dogs as they looked so mean, unhappy and ferocious
All right, so I lied about the pills but how did I interpret that wrongly.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:23 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by cricketman
I think it was the way you phrased your question i.e.

"What is your take on the Spanish and their barbaric ways with animals?"

This assumes Spanish people are barbaric and wrong. If you would have said...

"What is your opinion, do you think the Spanish are barbaric with animals?", then maybe the discussion would have gone down a different track
... and the previous part of the post? Nah, better to believe what you want to believe right?

You were wrong about terraces, you are wrong about this, accept it.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:25 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;8180236]... Nah, better to believe what you want to believe right?

Uhm ... got that down to a fine art haven't you
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:27 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JnK

Uhm ... got that down to a fine art haven't you
With so many people desperate for a fight its not hard to be good at this...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:29 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

With so many people desperate for a fight its not hard to be good at this...
No, most people probably just want a sensible discussion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.