Andy Murray

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:52 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray

Originally Posted by nogard
In that case; the sooner they go the better!
and think of all those empty houses we will have available to give to the II's waiting at Sangatte.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It always amazes me how people can dislike a guy so much when they really know nothing about him. Almost everyone that I have seen quoted or seen on TV that knows him says he is a great guy with a good sense of humour. However, because we always only see him when he is interviewed (something he admits freely to hating), we decide we dont like him.

Same with Hamilton
Same with Steve Davies to an extent

An excellent result and I hope very much now that he goes on to win many more grand slams including Wimbledon next year.
Spot on - why are people so keen to make these personality judgements on very little information and why does it matter what sort of person they are anyway? Do you choose the films you watch or the music you listen to based on character assessments or on whether you think the person can act, sing, whatever? Its the old - I can't like Wagner because of his politics arguement.

I'm confused by the number of people who seem to be supporting Murray now, just because he's British and successful. Fine support him when he's representing Britain in the Olympics or the Davis cup but the rest of the time he's playing for himself so why not support the person you think is the best tennis player?

Personally I have supported Murray for years and enjoyed watching his progress. I admire the hard work and commitment that has gone into his success. He has been training for this since he was about 4 years old. How many of us could demonstrate such tenacity or say we had never got angry and frustrated with ourselves when we messed up something we cared about. We just get to do it away from TV cameras. I sooner see Andy as a role model than some of the 'just want to be famous' with no effort types that seem to become celebrated these days.

Last edited by Rambling Rose; Sep 12th 2012 at 9:31 am. Reason: remove last line
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:04 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I doubted I would ever win a Grand Slam

“I wouldn’t say I was preparing for it not to happen but you do start to think that way. Before the match yesterday I was doubting myself, thinking about the match and how tough it will be, if I would be able to do it or not. I am just glad I have done it and I hope it’s not the only Grand Slam I can win.”
I don't want to detract from his immense achievement but he hasn't won a Grand Slam.

Common enough mistake I suppose but I'm a bit surprised that he made it...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Spot on - why are people so keen to make these personality judgements on very little information and why does it matter what sort of person they are anyway? Do you choose the films you watch or the music you listen to based on character assessments or on whether you think the person can act, sing, whatever? Its the old - I can't like Wagner because of his politics arguement.

I'm confused by the number of people who seem to be supporting Murray now, just because he's British and successful. Fine support him when he's representing Britain in the Olympics or the Davis cup but the rest of the time he's playing for himself so why not support the person you think is the best tennis player?

Personally I have supported Murray for years and enjoyed watching his progress. I admire the hard work and commitment that has gone into his success. He has been training for this since he was about 4 years old. How many of us could demonstrate such tenacity or say we had never got angry and frustrated with ourselves when we messed up something we cared about. We just get to do it away from TV cameras. I sooner see Andy as a role model than some of the 'just want to be famous' with no effort types that seem to become celebrated these days.
Because it's human nature, I don't listen to U2 because I can't stand Bono and hate his malevolent politics similarly as soon as Bruce Forsyth appears on my screen I switch over or off simply because I don't like him. Nobody is saying these people are not talented, just making the point that you can admire their talent without necessarily liking them.
Is there not one TV celebrity, Politician or Sportsman about whom you have not formed a negative opinion?

I see you call him 'Andy' are you on first name terms?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato

I don't want to detract from his immense achievement but he hasn't won a Grand Slam.

I think that 'Grand Slam' has been used for each major victory a lot recently. I know it's really all 4 majors in a single year, officially, but it does seem to have been used instead of 'Grand Slam event or title' which would mean winning a single one of the majors.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:53 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
Because it's human nature, I don't listen to U2 because I can't stand Bono and hate his malevolent politics similarly as soon as Bruce Forsyth appears on my screen I switch over or off simply because I don't like him. Nobody is saying these people are not talented, just making the point that you can admire their talent without necessarily liking them.
Is there not one TV celebrity, Politician or Sportsman about whom you have not formed a negative opinion?

I see you call him 'Andy' are you on first name terms?
I agree with you about Bono and Forsyth....except I don't think they are talented either
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
Noooo! They love them all, how can they form a negative opinion of someone they haven't met? I've never met Joey Barton, but I think he's a prat! I agree with Bruce Forsyth as well, he's one of several that has me changing channels as soon as they appear.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Noooo! They love them all, how can they form a negative opinion of someone they haven't met? I've never met Joey Barton, but I think he's a prat! I agree with Bruce Forsyth as well, he's one of several that has me changing channels as soon as they appear.

You see the irony there ..... dont you
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if he wins the next Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon, he will have won the Grand Slam, but having won the Olympic Gold and US Open, he can be forgiven for forgetting to say "event"...
I remember the great Australians, Rod Laver & Co, who did it....
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:08 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You see the irony there ..... dont you
Yes, I expect he can.

What does everyone think of Jeremy Kyle?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I don't
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Well, if he wins the next Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon, he will have won the Grand Slam, but having won the Olympic Gold and US Open, he can be forgiven for forgetting to say "event"...
I remember the great Australians, Rod Laver & Co, who did it....
A true Grand Slam is all titles won in the same calendar year, if it takes more than a year then it's officially a 'non calendar Grand Slam'. He has won a 'Slam' which is the official term for a major win. Full info can be found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_%28tennis%29
Old Sep 12th 2012, 3:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I expect he can.

Who
Old Sep 12th 2012, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Domino
Who
He's not got much of a ranking...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I expect he can.

Isn't he GB's equivalent to Belén Esteban? Never watched either I'm afraid, there's enough real-life drama in our village!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.