Andy Murray

Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Murray

Much as I don't care much for this young man I'm glad that a Brit has finally won a grand slam. It certainly tops off a great summer of British sport.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray

Originally Posted by stuboy
Much as I don't care much for this young man I'm glad that a Brit has finally won a grand slam. It certainly tops off a great summer of British sport.
Ditto, can't stand the guy.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:29 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that when the Sports Personality of the Year takes place it is remembered that two qualities are required to win it...
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I just hope that when the Sports Personality of the Year takes place it is remembered that two qualities are required to win it...
Ouch
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
No chance of Murray winning it then!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stuboy
You know him personally do you?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

It always amazes me how people can dislike a guy so much when they really know nothing about him. Almost everyone that I have seen quoted or seen on TV that knows him says he is a great guy with a good sense of humour. However, because we always only see him when he is interviewed (something he admits freely to hating), we decide we dont like him.

Same with Hamilton
Same with Steve Davies to an extent

An excellent result and I hope very much now that he goes on to win many more grand slams including Wimbledon next year.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I did say on here after he won Gold at the Olympics that it would give him a lot of confidence for the future - and now look!

He seems to me to be someone who is actually very shy and thus awkward in front of the cameras, which doesn't strike me as a reason to dislike someone. I prefer that to the extremely slick, media trained sort who come across as not the type to buy a used car from.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
I doubt he does, he has to go on how the guy conducts himself in public, his tantrums on the court, and of course his dislike of the English will never endear him to many south of the border. Yes, McEnroe had his tantrums but I never liked him either, and Murray will never be the player that Nadal and Federer are, and they both conduct themselves like gentlemen. No tantrums, just get on with job. Great ambassadors for the sport.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I doubt he does, he has to go on how the guy conducts himself in public, his tantrums on the court, and of course his dislike of the English will never endear him to many south of the border. Yes, McEnroe had his tantrums but I never liked him either, and Murray will never be the player that Nadal and Federer are, and they both conduct themselves like gentlemen. No tantrums, just get on with job. Great ambassadors for the sport.
Agree! Well said and spot on.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get this right. You dont like people who express emotions in the heat of the moment like Murray & McEnroe, and you dont like people who dont express emotions like Murray under interview. In Public he has come accroos very well afaik ..... even in TV quiz programmes .

I think I'm getting there, but not sure, although many of the very best sportsmen have been those that have the odd tantrum now and again because they are so caught up in their game
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Federer I would agree with you about, but Nadal has been getting very petulant of late and his deliberate time wasting before taking his serve as a tactic to unsettle his opponents is bad sportsmanship.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I love Andy Murray. He has a great sense of humour and, I imagine, a great personality. I hope this is the first of many for him.

And I'm very very tired (but happy) today :-)
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Federer I would agree with you about, but Nadal has been getting very petulant of late and his deliberate time wasting before taking his serve as a tactic to unsettle his opponents is bad sportsmanship.
Nadal's actually been getting quicker at serving as the years have gone on. When he first started he used to get regular warnings from the umpire

Nothing to do with bad sportsmanship, its just one of his habits

Ironically Andy Murray is probably the best British sportsman of the past 20 years. One of the best 4 in the world in a very strong era, consistently for the past 5 years, in one of the big sports

However, the British media and their flock always fail to recognise a good or a bad sportsman. Paul Scholes has been the best British footballer over the past 20 years and they only realised that once he retired from the England team

Everyone I met in Spain said in a flash that Paul Scholes was the best England player

British people prefer celebrities to sportsman
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Do I need too to form an opinion? Have you never had an opinion about someone you have never met personally or are you just defending Murray?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.