Reload this Page >

Am I just dreaming ?

Am I just dreaming ?

Old Sep 14th 2015, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I just dreaming ?

Originally Posted by Lou P.
I've noticed repeatedly in British expat forums here and in France, that the subject guaranteed to mke the longest threads is money - property prices, exchange rates, investments, cheap offers of whatever. You hardly ever see much interest in history, geology, language or customs or ecology, just mone money money. I saw one thread in France whcih was asking people to sign a petition to save dolphins and one guy replied, "What have dolphins ever done for the economy?" Duh..

I would think - most would be interested and seek advice on the subject of banking and costs etc, to me that is entirely reasonable to expect such.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 5:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I guess that comment was aimed at me?

As far as I am aware, Santander 123 accounts are not open to non-residents:
"1. Eligibility
To be eligible to open this account you must be 18 years old or over and live in the UK for tax purposes.
You may only hold a maximum of two 123 Current Accounts, one in your name and one in joint names.
Any additional requests for a 123 Current Account may result in a joint account holder becoming aware of your existing I23 Current Account(s).
If you open or hold any additional 123 Current Account(s), we may change them to another current account.
We will give you at least two months’ personal notice if we decide to change the account.
If you are not happy with the change, you are free to close the account or there may be other current accounts available to you."

see here > Current Accounts | 123 Bank Account - Santander UK

Please be advised there are several threads on where to invest / save your hard earned £ / €.
Three accounts actually. One in joint names and then two single accounts. They are aware of this, they even recommended we do it in the local branch
Old Sep 14th 2015, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Lou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andypmg
I would think - most would be interested and seek advice on the subject of banking and costs etc, to me that is entirely reasonable to expect such.
Of course, but so many threads in so many forums.. .. often threads that started out as something more interesting, but they don't "hot up" until they start to be about banks and interest and money and cheap deals and so on - they're usually the longest threads.
Even dogs come second!
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:04 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, but so many threads in so many forums.. .. often threads that started out as something more interesting, but they don't "hot up" until they start to be about banks and interest and money and cheap deals and so on - they're usually the longest threads.
Even dogs come second!

OK ... so has what you read earlier on had any effect on your plans?
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:07 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Three accounts actually. One in joint names and then two single accounts. They are aware of this, they even recommended we do it in the local branch
I am not doubting you. However, it would seem someone in your branch bent the rules or was not aware of them - which in my experience is not uncommon.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:08 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by missile
I am not doubting you. However, it would seem someone in your branch bent the rules or was not aware of them - which in my experience is not uncommon.
You're probably right .... I'm surprised the interest thing kicked in though and they didnt realise :-)
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:12 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzydee
Yes several topics indeed, thank you. Please be advised however, that I wasn't looking for somewhere to invest or save my hard earned money. I was asking how can someone open an account if they are tax resident in Spain (no sarcasm intended).
Your question has been answered.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Lou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK ... so has what you read earlier on had any effect on your plans?
I'm not the O.P. I have no plans.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Nationwide offers £100 cash perk for new current account customers - on top of 5% interest on balances | Daily Mail Online

"free money"
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:27 am
Senior Moment

I'm not the O.P. I have no plans.
Sorry, misquote

Sorry to hear you have no plans though
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Even dogs come second!
Leaving dolphins well behind then!
oh well you don't have to read the threads I suppose.