Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ADVICE ON RANDY RABBITS

ADVICE ON RANDY RABBITS

Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default ADVICE ON RANDY RABBITS

Hi

I need some advice if anyone can help?

I bought Olivia 2 rabbits last month and was told they were 2 girls.
Olivia was so intense in watching them in the garden yesterday, i asked her if they were ok.

She came in and said they were fighting, to my amazement they were humping like rabbits do.
Now i have either 2 lesbian rabbits or they are male and female.

If they are male and female how long before i see the products of babies. And if anyone knows if they need separating once daphne has her babies, and can i get scoobydo snipped?

(she called them scoobydo and daphne even though they were meant to be girls lol)

Any advice would be great. Also since yesterday i have seen them humping away on a couple more occasions. ( i want to come back as a rabbit in my afterlife )
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:47 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADVICE ON RANDY RABBITS

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

Olivia was so intense in watching them in the garden yesterday, i asked her if they were ok.

She came in and said they were fighting, to my amazement they were humping like rabbits do.

If they are male and female how long before i see the products of babies. And if anyone knows if they need separating once daphne has her babies, and can i get scoobydo snipped?

(she called them scoobydo and daphne even though they were meant to be girls lol)

Any advice would be great. Also since yesterday i have seen them humping away on a couple more occasions. ( i want to come back as a rabbit in my afterlife )
Bet they`d taste great in a stew
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Hi

Take them to the vets and ask for a free neuter check. they will sex them for you and yes you can get male rabbits castrated and females speyed. We once had 2 rabbits andf they were both males and the dominant male kept trying to mate the other within an inch of its life, had to get rid of one as it was cruel! Think if it is male and female that you do have to separate them when they have babies
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Bet they`d taste great in a stew
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jeanc
Take them to the vets and ask for a free neuter check. they will sex them for you and yes you can get male rabbits castrated and females speyed. We once had 2 rabbits andf they were both males and the dominant male kept trying to mate the other within an inch of its life, had to get rid of one as it was cruel! Think if it is male and female that you do have to separate them when they have babies
Thanks i will take them, be good to know if they are the same sex, otherwise lots of babies.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:57 am

Thanks i will take them, be good to know if they are the same sex, otherwise lots of babies.
and lots of stew
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have 3 rabbits, 2 boys and a girl, I would strongly recommend getting them neutered as soon as they are old enough. Males at 5 months, females at8 months. They could be both girls or both boys as rabbits are a little crazy and their hormones will make them hump doesn't matter what the other gender of the rabbit is!!

Getting them neutered controls their temper and makes them far more affectionate. They can become quite agressive if they are left un-neutered, as we found out while waiting to have them done.
If they are females they have 80% chance of getting uterine cancer, if left un-neutered.

I wouldn't separate them if you can help it. We did that and the 2 boys hated each other and will fight every time we try and put them back together. It is awful to see them.

I would recommend buying a rabbit book. I particularly like The House Rabbit.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is long winded reply.
Louise
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LoopyLou
Hi,

I have 3 rabbits, 2 boys and a girl, I would strongly recommend getting them neutered as soon as they are old enough. Males at 5 months, females at8 months. They could be both girls or both boys as rabbits are a little crazy and their hormones will make them hump doesn't matter what the other gender of the rabbit is!!

Getting them neutered controls their temper and makes them far more affectionate. They can become quite agressive if they are left un-neutered, as we found out while waiting to have them done.
If they are females they have 80% chance of getting uterine cancer, if left un-neutered.

I wouldn't separate them if you can help it. We did that and the 2 boys hated each other and will fight every time we try and put them back together. It is awful to see them.

I would recommend buying a rabbit book. I particularly like The House Rabbit.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is long winded reply.
Louise

Hi,
They are about 13 weeks now, so if they are the opposite sex daphne cant get pregnant now?

Thanks for the advice on the book i will have a look today and see if i can find it.
xxx
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:29 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

and lots of stew
PMSL
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

My advice, take it if you wish.....

Ingredients for Rabbit Stew

* 2 rabbits, young, cut in pieces
* 3 carrots, peeled, quartered
* 3 tomatoes, sliced
* 3 onions, peeled, quartered
* 1 turnip, peeled, quartered
* 4 tablespoons shortening
* 2 tablespoons flour
* Water, boiling
* Seasonings to taste

Instructions

1. Fry rabbits, carrots, onions and turnips in a frying pan with the shortening.
2. Empty contents of frying pan into a stew pan.
3. Sprinkle with flour.
4. Mix well.
5. Cover with boiling water.
6. Add tomatoes and seasonings.
7. Cover and let cook for about 45 minutes.
8. Then serve.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

* 3 tomatoes, sliced
* 2 tablespoons flour
* Water, boiling
* Seasonings to taste

Instructions

1. Fry rabbits, carrots, onions and turnips in a frying pan with the shortening.
3. Sprinkle with flour.
4. Mix well.
8. Then serve.
What, no garlic?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:43 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

* 3 tomatoes, sliced
* 2 tablespoons flour
* Water, boiling
* Seasonings to taste

Instructions

3. Sprinkle with flour.
4. Mix well.
8. Then serve.
I cant stand no more soooooooooo funny........
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What, no garlic?
Contrary to popular belief, the Iti's don't actually put onion AND garlic in a dish together, they say the flavours fight against each other.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:48 pm

Contrary to popular belief, the Iti's don't actually put onion AND garlic in a dish together, they say the flavours fight against each other.
I never knew that I will try just garlic in my next meal and see if there is a difference
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:49 pm
Straw Man.

I never knew that I will try just garlic in my next meal and see if there is a difference
I have been told that its the Italian chefs that started mixing the two, the actually Iti's use one or 'tother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.