Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on puting a denuncia on someone.

Advice on puting a denuncia on someone.

Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on puting a denuncia on someone.

Could anyone offer advice on the procedure for serving someone a denuncia and is there a spanish version of a restraining order.

Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:32 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on puting a denuncia on someone.

One would normally do this at the local cuartel of the Guardia Civil.
A restraining order is an orden de alejamiento.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:02 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
One would normally do this at the local cuartel of the Guardia Civil.
A restraining order is an orden de alejamiento.
Actually, denuncias are normally done via the National Police.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:40 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

A denuncia is merely a report made to the police, and whether it's made to the Guardia Civil or the National Police depends on where you live.

The National Police are the governing bodies in larger cities like Valencia or Benidorm, elsewhere the Guardia Civil are normally in charge.

If your complaint is a domestic one, there is a national telephone number and cases of domestic violence are treated extremely seriously and dealt with immediately.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:26 am
Just Joined

DaveyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Could anyone offer advice on the procedure for serving someone a denuncia and is there a spanish version of a restraining order.

Thanks.
I have never done this personally, but you may find this guide useful - http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/...-denuncia.html
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
A denuncia is merely a report made to the police, and whether it's made to the Guardia Civil or the National Police depends on where you live.

The National Police are the governing bodies in larger cities like Valencia or Benidorm, elsewhere the Guardia Civil are normally in charge.

If your complaint is a domestic one, there is a national telephone number and cases of domestic violence are treated extremely seriously and dealt with immediately.
Out of interest, what do you mean by 'governing bodies'? We live in a town where we have all three - Local and National Police and the state army (Guardia Civil).

From many chats with people here, it's never clear who does what.

As I understand it; the local police are employed by the town hall to, primarily, police the town and it's roads. The national police are for bigger issues and are employed by the central government. And then there's the Guardia - we simply stay clear of them
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Actually, denuncias are normally done via the National Police.
the Guardia take them here
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer

Thanks.
Go to the Police (whichever).
Make sure you REALLY want to do this before going ahead. A restraining order can go from being annoyed by your neighbour to being assaulted. Denuncias aren't for the faint hearted.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Go to the Police (whichever).
Make sure you REALLY want to do this before going ahead. A restraining order can go from being annoyed by your neighbour to being assaulted. Denuncias aren't for the faint hearted.
Bad advice ,your saying dont denounce because there may be re percusions? nonsense, Get it done or your life my be a misery, I generally find Spanish shout and wave arms a lot but when the chips are down they run off to the guardia like school girls.No tienen cojones .
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rotor
Bad advice ,your saying dont denounce because there may be re percusions? nonsense, Get it done or your life my be a misery, I generally find Spanish shout and wave arms a lot but when the chips are down they run off to the guardia like school girls.No tienen cojones .
Will the Police tell the "denouncee" who the "denouncor" is?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaggymon
Will the Police tell the "denouncee" who the "denouncor" is?
yes - the denouncer's name is on the denuncia - I guess there might be exceptions in the case of violent crimes, but I don't know for sure
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
It really cheeses me off when folk don't bother to read posts properly and start a rant.
Read it again. At no point did I advise not denouncing them because of repercussions. I'll await your apology....hopefully.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
It really cheeses me off when folk don't bother to read posts properly and start a rant.
Read it again. At no point did I advise not denouncing them because of repercussions. I'll await your apology....hopefully.
Hmm that's the way I read it...and I read it twice.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 8:19 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The point about repercussions when making a denuncia should be considered seriously. The person accused has rights too and in this nasty world that we live in could come back at you, rightly or wrongly.

Not that it should put a genuine complainant off, but a bit of caution shouldn't go amiss.

I've had a silly neighbour's dispute which culminated in denuncias, which did neither of us any favours. It wasted a lot of time and money and we're now the best of pals again, I wave to him at least once a year. With one finger and not the one I wear my ring on.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies.

I dont feel we can leave this issue.We have located an english speaking lawyer in our town and will consult with them first as to the best way forward.

I dont really want to say too much about our problem but basically we hired someone to do some internet work for us.Someone in our town and he appeared to know what hes doing-his own attractive website etc and he appeared to have knowledge-he does but for us he did it all wrong and our main income stream was badly affected for months.

He didnt like us complaining and since then has stalked us,discredits us on consumer forums with awful words-he hides behind fake IP addresses and has started a website to try and take our income from us-this is beside the huge errors on our website.

Luckily our website is very strong and we have lots of backing in the UK and things are now looking up.

But he found our new home address too and the mix of everything has dragged us down.He will probably even read what Ive written here.

We have done nothing but pay this english man 4000 euros.

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.