Advice

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:40 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

I will say, and always have said, go for it and give it a try. As long as you're not hurting anyone back home, like abandoning people just so that you can escape to the sun.

Unfortunately, a lot of people do just that; this country is full of them, expat escapees running from reality to go on the piss in the sun.

I'm sure you're not one of those, and I don't mean to be offensive, but that is the reality.

The answers to your other questions are under the Search section of this forum, thousands of them.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:12 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tyzer33
I asked for advice not for someone to try to make a mug out of me I am fully aware of the situatuion in Spain. I am looking for Costa del Sol or Madrid because its 2 areas I like, when you want to move somewhere you tend to pick between places you like. If you read my question properly you would see I am looking for bar work to begin with as my language isnt up to scratch yet. I am not an idiot I have a good proper job, I am highly educated with a degree in mechanical engineering, I have counselling qualifications and I also have a trade. I want to live in Spain its a dream of mine. Why would you bother even replying to my post if thats your attitude. I have a goal and I will achieve it.
What happened to your plans to go to Mallorca in 2009, and Ibiza as a paramedic?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Tyzer33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLFS
What happened to your plans to go to Mallorca in 2009, and Ibiza as a paramedic?
That plan unfortunatly went out the window as the paramedics recruitment here is frozen due to cuts so there is no training opportunities plus after writing a few letters I was informed that these qualifications wouldn't transfer anyways. I have some info on the training out there, Also I was pretty ill from the end of 2009 and most of 2010/2011, pretty much put all things in life to a hault including moving. Trying to be more realistic now.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

That plan unfortunatly went out the window as the paramedics recruitment here is frozen due to cuts so there is no training opportunities plus after writing a few letters I was informed that these qualifications wouldn't transfer anyways. I have some info on the training out there, Also I was pretty ill from the end of 2009 and most of 2010/2011, pretty much put all things in life to a hault including moving. Trying to be more realistic now.
You've got very little chance of getting a UK mechanical engineering degree recognised in Spain. Engineering degrees are 7 years here and known to be one of the hardest degrees. They'd probably say you have to go back to Spanish uni and take the last 4-5 years

As for getting a bar job if you dont speak Spanish. Very unlikely in Madrid. You'd be OK in an English bar on the Costa del sol but not sure why you'd want to. You may as well move to Blackpool
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:25 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Don't ask
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Tyzer, I wish you all the luck in the world because if you go to Spain you will need any luck you can get. Unemployment is running at 35% on the Costas and 25% in the rest of Spain.

If you can come up with an idea why you will gain employment over the huge unemployed people, then you are away in a hack. But, if you cannot, you're fast on your way to being an unfortunate statistic.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Advice

I asked for advice not for someone to try to make a mug out of me I am fully aware of the situatuion in Spain. I am looking for Costa del Sol or Madrid because its 2 areas I like, when you want to move somewhere you tend to pick between places you like. If you read my question properly you would see I am looking for bar work to begin with as my language isnt up to scratch yet. I am not an idiot I have a good proper job, I am highly educated with a degree in mechanical engineering, I have counselling qualifications and I also have a trade. I want to live in Spain its a dream of mine. Why would you bother even replying to my post if thats your attitude. I have a goal and I will achieve it.
Hi Tyzer, I can understand your frustration with the tone of the replies you have received from some people but this is a thread which is very common and for some of us who have lived in Spain for many years we have seen it all before. Excuse our reactions but despite your obvious enthusiasm to live your dream there are practicalities to be considered. Your qualifications will mean nothing here and everyone and his brother is working a bar so come with some money..enjoy your time and see how things work out. Very often life depends on who you meet and how you behave..you never know till you try. Good luck and let us know how you get on...