Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
Gave loads of stuff away sold some on ebay done a boot sale, gave loads of bags (28 large sacks) of clothes shoes bags for a charity.
A lot of the stuff we can not get rid of until a week before.
Still got a to sell a BMW and a work van, and office equipment, giving our TVs away to family and large fridge and freezer, sofas and bedroom furniture to them.

It is all our little things like ornaments and books and i still have bags of clothes to get rid off and the pets but i think our friends are having the animals.

the house is still full of years of crap, a lot of electrical equipment i have got the Charity's wont take being electrical so we will have to bin them as to be honest tried to sell, but no one was wanting it.

I am itching to get more done but like i have said before do not know where to start, but thats me all over
We started clearing out the crap in about the April as we were thinking of moving in the UK at that time, just had shed loads of rubbish, had a couple of really BIG bonfires, that lasted for several days, also had 2 skip loads of rubbish, and I do mean rubbish, but it still gathered the attention of scrap metal dealers, who did ask before taking, also had a load of lead and copper, which they didn't get, that went to a scrap dealer who paid me for it. When we decided on moving out to Spain, that meant an even bigger load to get rid of.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Good luck with everything
We moved to portugal 2 years ago,brought everything we should have left behind and left everything we should have brought!!
Hi Mike I am from Lincoln
We were from just outside Market Rasen.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are leaving for spain in 12 weeks time, My head is spinning with what i have got to do.

When you was leaving for spain did you have a list and countdown to the big day?

If so, how easy was it to follow?
Hi,
hope the move goes ok.
We plan to be over in Spain March 2007.
Just told my Mother!!
tears, recriminations, she'll never see us again and insists she won't fly to Spain.
Not making our decision to move easy but we still think it's the right thing to do.
how are your family re move?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
Hi,
hope the move goes ok.
We plan to be over in Spain March 2007.
Just told my Mother!!
tears, recriminations, she'll never see us again and insists she won't fly to Spain.
Not making our decision to move easy but we still think it's the right thing to do.
how are your family re move?
Hi,
My family thinks i am mad, and my husbands family dont seem fazed apart from the odd digs from both sets of family's.
To be quite fair i really have got to the point where i dont care what any of them think, sounds harsh but i dont and hubby he does not care either.
Its a flight of just over two hours and they will have to accept it.
With both of our family's we dont see much of them maybe once a week with hubby's family for about an hour and that is us going there otherwise we would never see them.
My family live down south so i see them once every couple of months and i will see them just the same when we move to Spain.
I talk to my family everyday and that wont stop when we move but i would not stop my life for any of our family's feelings.

Your family will get used to you going but just expect the occasionally blackmail from them ha ha
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
We were from just outside Market Rasen.
Hi,
I am in lincoln just of calder road
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My family thinks i am mad, and my husbands family dont seem fazed apart from the odd digs from both sets of family's.
To be quite fair i really have got to the point where i dont care what any of them think, sounds harsh but i dont and hubby he does not care either.
Its a flight of just over two hours and they will have to accept it.
With both of our family's we dont see much of them maybe once a week with hubby's family for about an hour and that is us going there otherwise we would never see them.
My family live down south so i see them once every couple of months and i will see them just the same when we move to Spain.
I talk to my family everyday and that wont stop when we move but i would not stop my life for any of our family's feelings.

Your family will get used to you going but just expect the occasionally blackmail from them ha ha
HI again,

This is what we can't understand, we are origanally from Nottingham now living in North Wales, My Mother comes to stay with us for 2 weeks every bank holiday, we drive to collect her and take her home, we phone every other day. Other family and friends have only been over to visit us a couple of times, so what is going to be so different for them. Easy jet fly east midlands to faro every day.

Sue.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:01 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am in lincoln just of calder road
We were on Burton Road
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
HI again,

This is what we can't understand, we are origanally from Nottingham now living in North Wales, My Mother comes to stay with us for 2 weeks every bank holiday, we drive to collect her and take her home, we phone every other day. Other family and friends have only been over to visit us a couple of times, so what is going to be so different for them. Easy jet fly east midlands to faro every day.

Sue.
that is exactly what i think with both our family's, i really love them but i have to think of my family which is hubby and kids.

you will probably find you will see them more ha ha what with free holidays.

I am hoping i dont though lol lol no only joking, however i dont fit my life round others my life is my own direct family good luck and what ever they say let it go in one ear and out the other

I also think the ones who give you grief are maybe a bit selfish and should let others do what they wish. if my mother wanted to bugger of somewhere else i would not even have a problem with that so i think it should work both ways, however it does not work out that way
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

that is exactly what i think with both our family's, i really love them but i have to think of my family which is hubby and kids.

you will probably find you will see them more ha ha what with free holidays.

I am hoping i dont though lol lol no only joking, however i dont fit my life round others my life is my own direct family good luck and what ever they say let it go in one ear and out the other

I also think the ones who give you grief are maybe a bit selfish and should let others do what they wish. if my mother wanted to bugger of somewhere else i would not even have a problem with that so i think it should work both ways, however it does not work out that way
Families eh.....I suppose it's easy for us in one respect, as our parents are dead except for my mother, who has alzhiemers.....need I say more?
My sister rarely visits and my brother has already booked his ferry crossing! My biggest worry as far as family is my grandaughter and daughter...but they have booked their flights too! We haven't even got there yet and we've got people visiting from November to March already!
Spain is so easier accessible....hence the reason so many of us Brits opt to move there. People that you really want to see will make the effort and vici versa...
Just a call from the sloicitors...not very optomistic that exchange of contracts will happen on Monday:scared: As if I'm not stressed enough! This is all I ****** need!
Mary
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:31 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by maryg

Families eh.....I suppose it's easy for us in one respect, as our parents are dead except for my mother, who has alzhiemers.....need I say more?
My sister rarely visits and my brother has already booked his ferry crossing! My biggest worry as far as family is my grandaughter and daughter...but they have booked their flights too! We haven't even got there yet and we've got people visiting from November to March already!
Spain is so easier accessible....hence the reason so many of us Brits opt to move there. People that you really want to see will make the effort and vici versa...
Just a call from the sloicitors...not very optomistic that exchange of contracts will happen on Monday:scared: As if I'm not stressed enough! This is all I ****** need!
Mary
Relatives are a big problem - everyone I speak to are glad when they have gone, especially those who work here. You end up eating out constantly, ferrying them around and cooking and cleaning.

Try get people to book seperate accomodation, then you get rid of the freeloaders!

Mark
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:34 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GCM
Relatives are a big problem - everyone I speak to are glad when they have gone, especially those who work here. You end up eating out constantly, ferrying them around and cooking and cleaning.

Try get people to book seperate accomodation, then you get rid of the freeloaders!

Mark
I agree completely!!!!!
Feels like you are running a B&B if you are not careful,they are on holiday,we are NOT,and also dont have the money they have!!!!,cant compete with the eating out etc
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:46 pm
Concierge

I agree completely!!!!!
Feels like you are running a B&B if you are not careful,they are on holiday,we are NOT,and also dont have the money they have!!!!,cant compete with the eating out etc
Most of our visitors get us to book them a place nearby, but the ones who have stayed, have been the most trouble by far, they just don't think about you, but as long as you are feeding them and taking them round that's OK, then, well the first ones, gave us something for housing and feeding them for a week, £30 it was even in UK money, so lost out when we had to exchange it :scared: . We wouldn't have minded if they had a least taken us out for a meal, but whenever we went out they scrutinised the bill and paid for exactly what they had ordered, to the cent. They moaned about the distance to the beach, well we didn't have a car then so they had to walk, all of 15 mins. They dropped hints about coming this year again, so we offered to find them somewhere to stay, they never mentioned it again.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:11 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We have had lots of our family out and friends, not once have we paid for a meal when we are out. They have been very appreciative of our hospitality, we have been brought gifts, diesel in our car and even insisted in going food shopping.
I cant understand why people would act like that, that is really rude dont you think, as you say , we live here it isn't our holiday.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gallerie9
We have had lots of our family out and friends, not once have we paid for a meal when we are out. They have been very appreciative of our hospitality, we have been brought gifts, diesel in our car and even insisted in going food shopping.
I cant understand why people would act like that, that is really rude dont you think, as you say , we live here it isn't our holiday.
Hi,
Sounds like you have really nice family and friends, i dont think mine will be so nice when they do come out and stay.

However i will tell them that they can come and stay but we still have to work and they will have to be left to there own.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything
We moved to portugal 2 years ago,brought everything we should have left behind and left everything we should have brought!!
Hi Mike I am from Lincoln

know the feeling...I gave my tumble dryer to my parents & bought one the first week we lived in Spain! No-one told me it rains almost constantly throughout November, and there's no other way to dry clothes!

It's our 3rd anniversary this week - yes it's raining - and yes the tumble dryer is in use as I type!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.