Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

Hi,
We are leaving for spain in 12 weeks time, My head is spinning with what i have got to do.

When you was leaving for spain did you have a list and countdown to the big day?

If so, how easy was it to follow?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:43 am
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
We are leaving for spain in 12 weeks time, My head is spinning with what i have got to do.

When you was leaving for spain did you have a list and countdown to the big day?

If so, how easy was it to follow?
Hola Miss Naughty,

A list was essential to our move, no way could we have done without it and keep check of what we did. This meant that a list was left in study, and each time one of us (my husband or I) actioned an item, we ticked that list, so we knew at all times where we were at. Worked for us but others may have a better day to suggest.

I did a schedule, starting from all that had to be done in the UK, to a week after arriving in Spain, some of the actions crossed over to Spain. The whole schedule run over 4 landscaped pages, which I had colour coded, so I knew which were priority/urgent....etc...

I started to prepare a draft at least 3 months before, and added things daily till a couple of week before the move, and reviewed it often.

The move went fantastic no problems.

Below is a list which my help you start off yours.

Subject
Comments
Actioned
Started
On going
Follow-up
Checked
Completion Date required
Actual Date of completion
Contacts / Reference no.

Make copies of passports, driving licences, marriage and birth certificates, etc.. and keep them seperate from the originals.

We would have been lost with out a schedule.

Hope this helps you.
La Joconde
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:45 am
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to ask Miss N,

Which area are you moving to?

La Joconde
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Joconde
Forgot to ask Miss N,

Which area are you moving to?

La Joconde
Hi we was moving inland from marbella, however the house we was buying has fell through .

So we are still going out there in Jan the original day we was going and then we are going to rent somewhere still in that area. due to work in that area.

I keep thinking i need to make a list of things to do, however i dont know what to do ha ha

I have been getting rid of items in the house i have sold quite a few bits, but apart from that i keep thinking i have ages.

But 12 weeks is not a lot when we have Xmas in 7 weeks, Our main priority at the moment is saving and paying bills off here which is becoming a nightmare but we will get there.

We planned to go out last year but we had a crisis here and had to stay and i keep thinking that is going to happen again and i am getting to the point where i am waiting for a major crisis and all our plans are going to go wrong again, and that is setting me back.

However hubby keeps trying to tell me we will be leaving and things will be ok.

Where abouts are you based in Spain?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Hi we was moving inland from marbella, however the house we was buying has fell through .

So we are still going out there in Jan the original day we was going and then we are going to rent somewhere still in that area. due to work in that area.

I keep thinking i need to make a list of things to do, however i dont know what to do ha ha

I have been getting rid of items in the house i have sold quite a few bits, but apart from that i keep thinking i have ages.

But 12 weeks is not a lot when we have Xmas in 7 weeks, Our main priority at the moment is saving and paying bills off here which is becoming a nightmare but we will get there.

We planned to go out last year but we had a crisis here and had to stay and i keep thinking that is going to happen again and i am getting to the point where i am waiting for a major crisis and all our plans are going to go wrong again, and that is setting me back.

However hubby keeps trying to tell me we will be leaving and things will be ok.

Where abouts are you based in Spain?

You think you've got ages......believe me it creeps up on you and bites you on the bum!!! We have been getting things sorted for months.......still not done everything and we go on Monday:scared:
I've found lists help......just wished I'd started making them and STICKING TO THEM weeks ago. We have had a couple of stomach churning moments this week......but I'm trying to be positive and believe that it will all work out.......
All the best in your adventure!
Mary
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maryg
You think you've got ages......believe me it creeps up on you and bites you on the bum!!! We have been getting things sorted for months.......still not done everything and we go on Monday:scared:
I've found lists help......just wished I'd started making them and STICKING TO THEM weeks ago. We have had a couple of stomach churning moments this week......but I'm trying to be positive and believe that it will all work out.......
All the best in your adventure!
Mary
Hi,
Good luck for Monday, i am so naff at making lists and thinking what do i have to do.

Everytime we have moved home which has been 6 times in 4 years i leave it to the last minute to do anything.

Last time we moved i was still packing when the new owners came to the house i am so disorganised, that is one of my pet hates about myself.

i dont even know where to begin, i think it is because we are not getting the house we were going to buy and i have nothing set over there.

Where abouts are you moving too?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Good luck for Monday, i am so naff at making lists and thinking what do i have to do.

Everytime we have moved home which has been 6 times in 4 years i leave it to the last minute to do anything.

Last time we moved i was still packing when the new owners came to the house i am so disorganised, that is one of my pet hates about myself.

i dont even know where to begin, i think it is because we are not getting the house we were going to buy and i have nothing set over there.

That happened to us. We had Bishops Move to move us and they did all the packing. However, they didn´t tell us that it took all day to do. So at noon when we were due to be out and hand the keys over, we were nowhere near ready. In fact we weren´t out until gone six in the evening and had to pay the new owners 100 GBP for the inconvenience. We had also paid Bishops Move to unpack the other end which they refused to do. Despite numerous letters to the M.D. we got no compensation although in addition they lost three cases and broke several items.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glynis
That happened to us. We had Bishops Move to move us and they did all the packing. However, they didn´t tell us that it took all day to do. So at noon when we were due to be out and hand the keys over, we were nowhere near ready. In fact we weren´t out until gone six in the evening and had to pay the new owners 100 GBP for the inconvenience. We had also paid Bishops Move to unpack the other end which they refused to do. Despite numerous letters to the M.D. we got no compensation although in addition they lost three cases and broke several items.
Hi,
We are not taking any furniture over at all, apart from some personal items, so i know i wont have them kind of problems this time, i am just going to get a massive skip and bin everything that we are not taken.
Where are you moving too?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We are not taking any furniture over at all, apart from some personal items, so i know i wont have them kind of problems this time, i am just going to get a massive skip and bin everything that we are not taken.
We had two lists about belongings, one of things to pack and take with us, and the other of things to get rid of. The things to get rid of, we sold loads on E bay, and others at local weekly auctions over the month or so before we left, anything else went to a local auction house, and they paid the proceeds into our bank, we had also sold the house through them as well. We did our own packing, and spread it over several days, but hadn't realised that as we packed ourselves we were not covered by damage insurance.
On day of leaving we had arranged for movers to fetch our things in the morning, but they got the address wrong and it was afternoon before they arrived. Fortunately we had already given keys to the solicitors, and they had contacted us to say that the sale was totally complete so we were OK to go, just posted our keys back through the door. We were only going to Lincoln for that night, so got a taxi to our nearest station and then went by train. B&B for the night, then to East Midlands, and onwards to Spain, only a 2 hour delay at the airport, and only a 4 day delay with the furniture, but we got over that. Just be prepared for things to go wrong, if they do you will be OK, if they don't, you will be pleasantly surprised, and good luck to all moving soon, we made it a year ago.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Dont bin it, have a garage sale or get cancer research or another charity to pick it up from you.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Dont bin it, have a garage sale or get cancer research or another charity to pick it up from you.
Hi,
Gave loads of stuff away sold some on ebay done a boot sale, gave loads of bags (28 large sacks) of clothes shoes bags for a charity.
A lot of the stuff we can not get rid of until a week before.
Still got a to sell a BMW and a work van, and office equipment, giving our TVs away to family and large fridge and freezer, sofas and bedroom furniture to them.

It is all our little things like ornaments and books and i still have bags of clothes to get rid off and the pets but i think our friends are having the animals.

the house is still full of years of crap, a lot of electrical equipment i have got the Charity's wont take being electrical so we will have to bin them as to be honest tried to sell, but no one was wanting it.

I am itching to get more done but like i have said before do not know where to start, but thats me all over
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:13 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Gave loads of stuff away sold some on ebay done a boot sale, gave loads of bags (28 large sacks) of clothes shoes bags for a charity.
A lot of the stuff we can not get rid of until a week before.
Still got a to sell a BMW and a work van, and office equipment, giving our TVs away to family and large fridge and freezer, sofas and bedroom furniture to them.

It is all our little things like ornaments and books and i still have bags of clothes to get rid off and the pets but i think our friends are having the animals.

the house is still full of years of crap, a lot of electrical equipment i have got the Charity's wont take being electrical so we will have to bin them as to be honest tried to sell, but no one was wanting it.

I am itching to get more done but like i have said before do not know where to start, but thats me all over
Good luck with everything
We moved to portugal 2 years ago,brought everything we should have left behind and left everything we should have brought!!
Hi Mike I am from Lincoln
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Good luck with everything
We moved to portugal 2 years ago,brought everything we should have left behind and left everything we should have brought!!
Hi Mike I am from Lincoln
I am from Lincoln too as we have all moved away i wonder if that is a problem with Lincoln.

I know others on B.E from Lincoln ha ha

Are you loving living in Portugal and have you made the right decision with leaving Lincoln.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:29 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from Lincoln too as we have all moved away i wonder if that is a problem with Lincoln.

I know others on B.E from Lincoln ha ha

Are you loving living in Portugal and have you made the right decision with leaving Lincoln.
Its a small world!!!!!
Dont regret it for one second
Love Portugal,not so happy with the place we chose to live (hence village of the damned) Its become far too english for us,so we are hoping to move a little more central Algarve,we are in the west at the moment.
There is a guy who lives near me also from lincoln,must be a mass exodus!
Its not the City that I grew up in,my friends there complain on a daily basis.
I do miss them,but they are always coming out to see us,so its not a problem.
Have no desire to go back AT ALL
Cx
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Hi,

We're moving to a little town, North West of Murcia, near Calasparra.......only 8,500 people, and only 28 English people including ourselves according to the post master.
We have had to sort through boxes that have moved house with us 3 times....in 30 years... that haven't been opened! Mainly books, magazines, commodore c64 games....even found a tailors dummy in the garage that I didn't know we had. Most of the stuff went on car boots and ebay, and a lot went and is still going to cancer research charity shop.
I'm still making phone calls changing address etc.....forgot all about the tax and NI people....oh well, it'll have to wait till I come back in Feb. for my check up.....I can then transfer my health care at the same time.
Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.