Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Victoria - I want to thank you for this post. I took the leap and filled in the complaint form. I also took your lead and made it more of a plea for information and guidance.
I will let you know if I hear anything.....

THANKS!!!

Nix
Me too! Sent it yesterday morning - saying I knew they were busy etc but had 4 kids who I'd hoped would start the new school year in Jan (sob, sob). You never know (and it is true!).
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Had reply from DIAC today as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia's
General Skilled Migration program.

All applications are processed in the date order that they were received
at our office. Your application has not yet been allocated to a case
officer.

As per information today on the Department's current allocation dates
for Skilled - (VF 475) Regional Sponsored applications, we are currently
allocating applications dated 27/09/07 for Paper lodged. As your
application was received by us after this date, we cannot provide any
further information at this stage.

For information on current allocation dates of applications, please send
a blank email to: [email protected] You will receive the
information by auto reply. We update this information weekly.

Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will
receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to
process your application.

Any correspondence sent to DIAC should ONLY BE SENT IN ONCE. Please
ensure it includes a cover sheet stating your full name, date of birth,
passport number, and either your file reference number or Transaction
Record Number or Request ID.

When scanning your documents to us we recommend that you use a service
auto reply from your email that can provide you with confirmation that
your documents have been delivered.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
xxxxxxx
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Standard response!!
It seems unless your application date falls within the date on the current processing e-mail info you will get this everytime.
It almost implies that nobody even bothered to look for our application but rather at the date of application stated in the enquiry.
Getting so fed up with the whole thing.Every day is the same...still no call or anything.Why does it take so long? Why do I see, and don't get me wrong Iam very pleased for these people, everyone else ahead of us receive their visas and able to start planning their lives whilst we just get more and more despondent every day.
It feel it will ever happen and I know Nix and Mike you must feel worse than any of us.
I hope you hear some positive news with your complaint and a Visa this week mayb'e.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere

Dear Sir/Madam,

officer.
My ar$e applications are processed in the date order that they are received.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by rocket01
Ditto !!! Any review of this site will see that that is not true !!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Dear Sir/Madam,

officer.

Yours sincerely,
xxxxxxx
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Standard response!!
It seems unless your application date falls within the date on the current processing e-mail info you will get this everytime.
It almost implies that nobody even bothered to look for our application but rather at the date of application stated in the enquiry.
Getting so fed up with the whole thing.Every day is the same...still no call or anything.Why does it take so long? Why do I see, and don't get me wrong Iam very pleased for these people, everyone else ahead of us receive their visas and able to start planning their lives whilst we just get more and more despondent every day.
It feel it will ever happen and I know Nix and Mike you must feel worse than any of us.
I hope you hear some positive news with your complaint and a Visa this week mayb'e.
Well I suspect I'll be getting an identical response to you as we're 475 paper based but Dec. Wish I could stop obsessing but can't.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Gina 2 will become famous soon enoughGina 2 will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone,

Well we are a visa 176 and we went through an agent, who at times i would like to mention, as i feel it is so wrong that they submitted via paper and not online. It was submitted in Feb, however, when seeing applicants getting visa's granted in March/April you are happy for them, but annoyed as you feel or wonder if yours has been overlooked or not even picked up It makes me so angry I could just scream and cry - like you all say your lives are put on hold and you do not know what to do i.e. timescales etc

Please keep us posted with any good news, i totally agree as it does say that time scales are up to 12 months, but then why oh why are applicants ahead of us getting theres Even though I am happy for them and wish them all the best!

Please oh please lets all get our visa's for all those that are still waiting for them and let the back log once and for all disapear as that would sort out everyone! Here's to hoping I really do feel for people that have been waiting from like last year - you must all just be so fed up

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE - this is a very frustrating journey :curse:, certaintly if it does not kill you, it does make you stronger!

Gina.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Dear Sir/Madam,

officer.

Yours sincerely,
xxxxxxxDepartment of Immigration and Citizenship

Standard response!!
Nice of them to give you all those kisses though

They never look at your application. I'm not convinced they even have a system which has a search function which lets them do this.

RIGHT! I am going to put some serious thought into this. There must be a way past this Berlin wall of standard responses. I have some free time before my course starts a week Monday, I might see if I can get an appointment down in Adelaide and get some REAL answers from REAL people.

It is absolutely not too much to ask to expect our applications to be processed in date order.

Watch this space.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ

They never look at your application. I'm not convinced they even have a system which has a search function which lets them do this.

RIGHT! I am going to put some serious thought into this. There must be a way past this Berlin wall of standard responses. I have some free time before my course starts a week Monday, I might see if I can get an appointment down in Adelaide and get some REAL answers from REAL people.

It is absolutely not too much to ask to expect our applications to be processed in date order.

Watch this space.
Go for it Marrooned NZ. At least if we know we can all get on with our lives for a while & obsess about something we can do something about.

Good luck!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by rocket01
Yeah, that one makes me laugh everytime I hear it,and believe you me I've heard it a few times now!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Watch this space.
You go for it!
Right behind you and we'll all be there, if not in person, in spirit at least.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Watch this space.
It would be nice to get REAL answers from REAL people - even when I have managed to speak to a REAL person they are very off hand. I have managed to get through three times now in the last couple of months and each time they have stuck by their official time line - asking if "I am" sure that people who applied after us are getting their visas.

Can't wait to see if you manage to get some answers - it would help so many people.

Jackie
x
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jane BK
Well I suspect I'll be getting an identical response to you as we're 475 paper based but Dec. Wish I could stop obsessing but can't.
Probably jane, but you never know.
Good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noofie
if "I am" sure that people who applied after us are getting their visas.

Jackie
x
Cheeky monkeys!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough

I found out that when they do eventually get to your application they don't put any indicator on status. It initially goes to a 'Team', then is prepared for a CO or decision maker. It is definately not date order as this site has established many times already! Imagine how much interest DIAC must be earning of our visa app fees whilst nothing is done with it. Must make the "forgotten" post office accounts in the UK look like small change..

On a positive note, average processing times for US visas can run up to 7 years!! makes ozzies look efficient doesn't it
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
I found out that when they do eventually get to your application they don't put any indicator on status. It initially goes to a 'Team', then is prepared for a CO or decision maker. It is definately not date order as this site has established many times already! Imagine how much interest DIAC must be earning of our visa app fees whilst nothing is done with it. Must make the "forgotten" post office accounts in the UK look like small change..

On a positive note, average processing times for US visas can run up to 7 years!! makes ozzies look efficient doesn't it
oooh! New information to cling to! Where did you hear this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.