Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Intelsat 901 27.5w coming to the end?

Intelsat 901 27.5w coming to the end?

Old Apr 23rd 2024, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intelsat 901 27.5w coming to the end?

If you have a decent programable sat box, it will work with any provider. some have have 2 or even 3 card slots, so you can even have multiple providers.

It looks to me like Kabelio and the 13 east hotbird is pretty light on news.
We like to have cnn, bbc news, France24 English, and Al Jazeera at least.
Old Apr 24th 2024, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

If its live news then youtube has France24, Al Jazeera, SkyNews, GBnews and many more live 24 hours day, then just mirror to TV. No VPN needed
Old Apr 26th 2024, 8:26 am
Just Joined

len.reim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillBullock
The price and requirements certainly put me off when I first learned about Kabelio. A decent receiver and the 3 month module, delivered to me in the Algarve from Amazon Spain, amounts to 215 Euros. Then my man will probably charge me 40 Euros to adjust my dish. Then I have to persuade a friend in Switzerland to let me use his address. Only the annual fee of CHF149 is reasonable for the package. As you say, Kabelio might migrate to another satellite in the future. How many more times do we have to buy new receivers and adjust our dishes? Would it not be better to go for an IPTV package? Buy a MAG 544w3 box for 103 Euros and pay as little as GBP59 a year for a year with YourIPTV or 180 Euros a year with Marc Electronica in Portimao.
As mentioned my focus is on German speaking channels, but the British/French offer in kabelio is great too, and picture quality in HD is more than ok. There is a German forum (digitalfernsehen.de), which is having a very long thread about kabelio, there is a person of kabelio giving activly support and useful input. This person is supporting this thread since app. 5 years!!!, since kabelio started. According this person in 2023 kabelio ensured operation until end of 2026 and recently the info came they are curretntly prolonging until 2029 on 13E. Due to the case it´s a serious operator, there should be no doubt in this info. because it is a cable-tv like service, the oepration is limited to swiss territory of course, but it´s allowed to use it abroad on vacation, as long as a swiss residential address exists. I left Switzerland in 2022, and used for registering the address of a friend. The address check is very strict, it must really exist. But my friend never received any physical mail on his address, it looks kabelio communicates exclusive by email. I can manage all matters in the kabelio account, prolonged with paypal, absolute no problem, very easy and straight forward. At last but not least, I see the UK satshops are really ripping off the Brits in regard of kabelio, I bought my module in this EU satshop htt___www.digital-sat-online.de/Kabelio-CI-Zugangsmodul-inkl-3-Monate-Gratis-Zugang-CI-Modul for 57€ incl. 3 month free and they ship to any place in EU. Kabelio is very popular in the german speaking market, therefore we are ahead with many infos.

Last edited by len.reim; Apr 26th 2024 at 8:39 am.
Old Apr 26th 2024, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you len.reim.
Old Apr 26th 2024, 9:44 am
Just Joined

len.reim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Thank you len.reim.
you are welcome