Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

You're not going out looking like THAT

You're not going out looking like THAT

Old May 24th 2011, 6:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You're not going out looking like THAT

Originally Posted by kittycat1
It goes both ways to be fair- if your partner has stopped maing an effort and you take your partner for granted chances are you're doing the same thing. I used to do some personal styling back in blighty and one of the things I used to hear from women is my husband doesn't fancy me anymore but then I'd tell them to look in the mirror and ask them if they fancied themselves? At that point the tears would start and the Ive gained weight/had a baby stuff would start etc. Not knowing how to dress for your size due to weight gain is one thing and just giving up on yourself is not exactly going to make your partner want you- just cause you gain a few pounds it doesn't mean you can't make the most of yourself. A bit of make up and nice undies make you feel a whole lot better about yourself than drudging around in PJs. If you feel like you are looking good then you generally are more productive and more positive about yourself. Self esteem is a powerful thing!

Crocs should only be worn by children or old people gardening- anyone else wearing them shouldbe shot.
I agree it works both ways. I hear some men bemoan their wives aren't classy or whatever but they're not exactly leading by example themselves. I think dressing up a bit is a good thing for everyone and like you said it can make you feel more positive and productive.

Like all relationship issues people need to talk to each other - we all have different expectations I suppose. Society doesn't help - we've been dressing down consistently since the 80s.

N.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

These aren't bad...............

http://www.pjpan.co.uk/ladies-nightw...-trousers.html
Old May 24th 2011, 7:11 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste...

N.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:34 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste...

N.
No it isn't. I like crocs but deserve to be shot, apparently.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

littlejimmy Im afraid so- Ill send someone round to pop you.

Seriously what can you possibly like about them and don't say they are comfortable
Old May 25th 2011, 8:55 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

littlejimmy Im afraid so- Ill send someone round to pop you.

Seriously what can you possibly like about them and don't say they are comfortable
Well they are for me. I can't be doing with flip-flops, so as an easy-usable piece of footwear, they suit me fine.

When can I expect the hitman?
Old May 25th 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Well they are for me. I can't be doing with flip-flops, so as an easy-usable piece of footwear, they suit me fine.

I only wear flip flops to the pool or around the house...I don't own croc and can't see a situation where I would wear them anywhere.

N.
Old May 25th 2011, 10:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13511668

Personally, I think a long, black cover-all type of housecoaty-thing would be a good idea.
heh heh, bloody smoggies man!
Old May 25th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

flip-flops are such an inferior piece of footwear.

crocs-
You needn't keep your toenails trimmed
you can wear socks with them
just throw them in the machine when they're grubby
they don't smell
they can't give you blisters
they float
they're waterproof
Old May 25th 2011, 4:18 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by seven seas
flip-flops are such an inferior piece of footwear.

crocs-
You needn't keep your toenails trimmed
you can wear socks with them
just throw them in the machine when they're grubby
they don't smell
they can't give you blisters
they float
they're waterproof
Hey, I draw the line at wearing socks with them. I do have some standards, you know!
Old May 25th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Hey, I draw the line at wearing socks with them. I do have some standards, you know!
Yeah save the socks for the Jesus sandals
Old May 25th 2011, 4:44 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Yeah save the socks for the Jesus sandals
Of course!
Old May 26th 2011, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Seevenseas I must say I am very disappointed I had obviously given you a bit too much credit!saying a shoe floats is not exactly a selling point! And as for the hobbit like toenails-get laid much?
Old May 26th 2011, 6:30 am

Seevenseas I must say I am very disappointed I had obviously given you a bit too much credit!saying a shoe floats is not exactly a selling point! And as for the hobbit like toenails-get laid much?
Let's hope you can remove the quickly when you fall in a river then...or you'll be floating upside down

N.