Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

You're not going out looking like THAT

You're not going out looking like THAT

Old May 24th 2011, 12:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You're not going out looking like THAT

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
On the work front I work from home sometimes and get nothing done unless I shave, shower and put some proper clothes on.
I'm incapable of virtually anything in the morning till I've had a shower. And after one, capable of very little.
Old May 24th 2011, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard many men complain that their wives don't dress up anymore and I've seen a lot of shabby mother's at the school gates of my little man's school.

That said I've seen lots of men in crocs and slippers so just assumed that some people have absolutely no care about what they or their partner looks like in public. Most humans who are better off than others show it in how they dress and behave....most!

On the work front I work from home sometimes and get nothing done unless I shave, shower and put some proper clothes on. I don't wear pajamas so it probably wouldn't be good to go out in my bed wear!

N.
It goes both ways to be fair- if your partner has stopped maing an effort and you take your partner for granted chances are you're doing the same thing. I used to do some personal styling back in blighty and one of the things I used to hear from women is my husband doesn't fancy me anymore but then I'd tell them to look in the mirror and ask them if they fancied themselves? At that point the tears would start and the Ive gained weight/had a baby stuff would start etc. Not knowing how to dress for your size due to weight gain is one thing and just giving up on yourself is not exactly going to make your partner want you- just cause you gain a few pounds it doesn't mean you can't make the most of yourself. A bit of make up and nice undies make you feel a whole lot better about yourself than drudging around in PJs. If you feel like you are looking good then you generally are more productive and more positive about yourself. Self esteem is a powerful thing!

Crocs should only be worn by children or old people gardening- anyone else wearing them shouldbe shot.
Old May 24th 2011, 3:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Crocs are suitable attire for Theatre Nurses

Confession time, surprised Meow hasn't told you all anyway, I do the school run in my PJ's, and Kitty the husband has left the house before I even get up so he doesn't see though he knows I don't even have to get out of the car as their is a drop of section at school. I wear a lightweight jacket over them so everything thinks I am dressed. I come home and take time to have a nice shower, make up and face the rest of the world
Old May 24th 2011, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

Crocs should only be worn by children or old people gardening- anyone else wearing them shouldbe shot.
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Ok, so they suitable for:
1 - Kids
2 - Old Folk gardening
3 - Theatre Nurses.

That's it. Someone please tell the rest of the world.
Old May 24th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe am too young but what are crocs???
Old May 24th 2011, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Crocs are horrible bits of plastic that some people call shoes- you can see similar things worn on the feet of people that have been committed.
Old May 24th 2011, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

last time i was committed they just doped me up, i don't know what they put on my feet
Old May 24th 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Crocs are horrible bits of plastic that some people call shoes- you can see similar things worn on the feet of people that have been committed.
they are banned in our house.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

Confession time, surprised Meow hasn't told you all anyway, I do the school run in my PJ's, and Kitty the husband has left the house before I even get up so he doesn't see though he knows I don't even have to get out of the car as their is a drop of section at school. I wear a lightweight jacket over them so everything thinks I am dressed. I come home and take time to have a nice shower, make up and face the rest of the world
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old May 24th 2011, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Ok, so they suitable for:
1 - Kids
2 - Old Folk gardening
3 - Theatre Nurses.

That's it. Someone please tell the rest of the world.
I have been working on that for a while
Old May 24th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alexa
I have been working on that for a while
Also, please add that they must be kept away from escalators!
Old May 24th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

crocs are the epitome of excellence...
I wore them to the best raves i've ever been to

only the most imbecilic meathead would get them caught in an escalator

plus why exactly would the principal get involved in some parents' lack of taste/employable skills?
Old May 24th 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seven seas
crocs are the epitome of excellence...
I wore them to the best raves i've ever been to

only the most imbecilic meathead would get them caught in an escalator

plus why exactly would the principal get involved in some parents' lack of taste/employable skills?
Or read your middle statement as "three year old"
Old May 24th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Also, please add that they must be kept away from escalators!
oh, no, I think they very much deserve to be stuck...
Old May 24th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Let them get on with it, Not like they are at home all day spending our Tax payments BAHAHAHAHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.